OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Just learned that these are listed on NDC-JP as coming soon…
50157D21-150E-4EFF-BE0B-8C639F64D0F3.jpeg

How's the quality on the low gum bottom white/white pairs?

Any regrets after copping?

-Drew

How's the quality on the low gum bottom white/white pairs?

Any regrets after copping?

-Drew
Its fine, standard/basic AF1 quality. I bought a pair about 6 months ago and then copped another pair when they restocked a few weeks ago, so no regrets from me.

Just thinking about getting a few more, didn't find any I would wear yesterday at foot stores.

Still wouldn't do all whites, but I guess my time has changed on them a bit. I'll be in on a NBY pair whenever it returns.

I’ve never been a big AF1 wearer. I’ve had a few here n there (ie all white mids & all black mids at one point). For the longest time, i had the 1 to rock one to stock mentality on those because they were seasonal shoes and always sold out in big sizes.

Anywho, I currently have 5 af1s: OG Scarface, Colin Kaepernicks, Equality lows from a couple years ago, white/navy/red USA lows from couple years ago, and the recent LBJ strive for greatness lows.

My daily shoes are vapormaxes, 350s, or slides so most of my collection gets very limited wear unless i wanna rock out somewhere

I’ve got to be at 80 + I know I have 21 samples somehow. This last 7-9 months is my first real stretch honestly collecting as an adult. This was all I cared about as a kid.. peak then was my junior year of HS majority of collection then was AF1s, SBs dunks, and AM1s. With it being my first time really collecting seriously I’m kind of like uh what am I even doing. Quickly got away from me. I guess I am making up for a lot of missed time or so I tell myself to justify my rapperesque spending habits

Edit: anyone that has LARGE collection they manage if you have any tips please message me. I’m sure at this point I’m going to have to start considering a storage unit but I know I’m not going to stop or slow down so
I know you requested this via DM but I figured its solid general advice.

Unless you have a plan set a limit for how many shoes you actually want. Saying you have XXX number of shoes is often better than actually having than many.

I try to set my limit between 50-100 (ideally I'd like 50, but I'm compulsive and this is still my hobby of choice).

The best part of setting a numerical limit is that you force yourself to get rid of pairs that would otherwise just be sitting. Once you get to storage level collecting you have to ask yourself if there is really a reason you are holding onto said shoes.

Almost everything has a certain shelf life and the bigger your collection is the harder it is to actively wear each pair. I'm sure you know this but as you get older there are also just less opportunities all around.

Now if you "invest" in sneakers do your thing just make sure sure it's manageable and you know what your doing. I hate the investment side of sneakers but let's be honest the money is here to stay so if you have a passion for it why not?

My current collection sits at around 150 (obviously more than my said limit), I plan on donating a lot of **** to my cousin's whenever I go back to Nigeria. Some of my other stuff is trade bait etc for releases down the line.

Truthfully it's still too much but the pandemic has made it harder to wear through **** so I'm at a bit of a wall.

Last edited:

Unless you have a plan set a limit for how many shoes you actually want. Saying you have XXX number of shoes is often better than actually having than many.

I try to set my limit between 50-100 (ideally I'd like 50, but I'm compulsive and this is still my hobby of choice).

The best part of setting a numerical limit is that you force yourself to get rid of pairs that would otherwise just be sitting. Once you get to storage level collecting you have to ask yourself if there is really a reason you are holding onto said shoes.

Almost everything has a certain shelf life and the bigger your collection is the harder it is to actively wear each pair. I'm sure you know this but as you get older there are also just less opportunities all around.

Now if you "invest" in sneakers do you think just make sure sure it's manageable and you know what your doing. I hate the investment side of sneakers but let's be honest the money is here to stay so if you have a passion for it why not?

My current collection sits at around 150 (obviously more than my said limit), I plan on donating a lot of **** to my cousin's whenever I go back to Nigeria. Some of my other stuff is trade bait etc for releases down the line.

Truthfully it's still too much but the pandemic has made it harder to wear through **** so I'm at a bit of a wall.

It might have been you but someone in here said they set a limit and when one comes in one has to go, I’m up to about 30 pairs of Forces not counting white/whites and I’ve only worn 2 pair in the last year.

Definitely not adding to the volume any more, one in one out

It might have been you but someone in here said they set a limit and when one comes in one has to go, I’m up to about 30 pairs of Forces not counting white/whites and I’ve only worn 2 pair in the last year.

Definitely not adding to the volume any more, one in one out
Wasn't me but I have homies that do that.

I got cousins, a god son, and nephews, all my **** gonna get rocked at some point. It just not be me who does the wearing 🤦🏾‍♂️

Now if you "invest" in sneakers do your thing just make sure sure it's manageable and you know what your doing. I hate the investment side of sneakers but let's be honest the money is here to stay so if you have a passion for it why not?

Thank you for taking the time to write that. Although I’m aware of and know when I get lucky and find stuff on the low..especially some of my samples.. the margin I could make is never my motivation I just love the shoes. I guess really I’m just going to have to slow down or set a number I stay under per month. Even if I set a number for my collection to stay at I’m not sure it would but eventually I would like to be there because in terms of managing that makes the most sense. I have a lot of thinking to do honestly because this is just AF1s. I have so many other shoes I wanna start buying I just started with AF1s because they’re my all time favorite sneaker. First time really making good money as an adult too after all my bills are covered for the month so my biggest trouble is when stuff pops up and my mind tricks me into thinking that “i will never see these again at this price”and maybe that’s the case but I can’t be saying that 10 times a month haha But again thanks for writing it’s appreciated greatly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom