OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

The Year of the Dragon (or was it Double Happiness they call it) is a banger lol Screenshot_20240319_052207_eBay.jpg

Just noticed my yellow/gum COTMs are made in India. Is that new for Nike? I guess that explains the smaller Nike Air embroidery on the heel (which actually matches the OG). They also use real leather on the eyelets where my other pairs are synthetic. I say move them all there if they keep with the program.

Less in the market soon...........hopefully they mean less new CWs, while we still have your classic all-whites and all-blacks restocked constantly
Death to the SKUs!

I couldn’t care less about those GR whites tho. They can kill that $115 Famous Footwear quality leather forever.

I know shape and quality haven't been quite right, but can't complain about the colorways over the past 8 years. Good retros of 00s classics, good GRs, COTM. It's just too the shape and quality didn't make em as great as they could've been

Per Sneaker Bar Detroit:

Nike aims to reduce Air Force 1 production to maintain its status and introduce fresh designs, as CFO Matt Friend disclosed in a recent earnings call reported by Complex. According to Friend, Nike intends to scale back some of its key franchises to accommodate innovation. Among these, the Air Force 1 will see a reduction.

Initially launched in 1982, the Air Force 1 has long been integral to Nike’s retro line. The plan isn’t to suddenly limit the sneaker’s availability but to moderate its release.

However, the AF1 epitomizes Nike’s dilemma—it’s a classic yet somewhat outdated. Despite its iconic status, Nike faces criticism for relying excessively on past models, lacking innovation.

Friend conceded the shortfall in fresh products but highlighted positive consumer responses to recent releases. This feedback spurred Nike to expedite the pullback, particularly in digital direct-to-consumer channels.

Friend clarified that this strategy isn’t a response to declining popularity but a deliberate brand decision. Despite potential for increased sales, Nike prioritizes brand integrity and long-term franchise health.

In conclusion, Nike’s decision to reduce Air Force 1 production underscores its commitment to innovation and long-term brand sustainability. By making space for new designs and addressing consumer demands, Nike aims to strike a balance between tradition and innovation in its product portfolio.

I hope Nike intends to actually innovate and not just add odd straps and platforms to AF1s or revive tubular air and lie to everyone that it’s new tech.
I think it's more pull back on classic retros and try to push new silos. It's smart but bold. Better have some good new silos if you're taking away the classics everyone has been wearing for years.

Hopefully they bring it back to what it was like in the 2000s. You would have your new tech like Shox or Air Max 360 that would take up the majority of Nike's marketing push but every month or so you'd get a well thought out or classic colorway of a AF1, Jordan, and Air Max that were well produced and somewhat limited.

The coconut baroque brown is on sale for 108 thinking about a second pair of those but might wait for a Nike coupon code sale hopefully they’ll have it soon

Back
Top Bottom