• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

hey guys need a quick legit check on some shadow 1s, reps incoming

push down on the toe box with your finger and if it crimples in and it looks sort of "grainy/sandy" they are legit...i think i read gm pairs stay smooth like plastic

Not all are from the same factory. The one GM pair I have has better quality then the 3 production pairs I got. It was soft as my Royals & Knicks.

I've never seen or heard of GM/ fake shadows either. It does make me wonder if TCC has legit pairs of these...
yes they sell both which is why its crazy to order from those sites since you never know, price might be a matter i guess lol

I'm going to assume they're referring to The Closet Collector.
koth.jpg

What I will be doing to spend my day off:

Jason Markk: versatile shoe cleaner I got when I first started cleaning shoes. It works pretty well but there are plenty of other options. Also have a soft and hard scrub brush because a shoe can have soft fabrics and rubber mid and outsoles.

Rinso Magic sponge (knock off Magic Eraser): bought from the 99cenr store. AMAZING for cleaning white midsoles for your 1's. (I always get my white midsoles dirty). I used to do just use dishwashing soap and water but I scrubbed hard and it was never enough. Use that method with this magic sponge and it comes off like nothing.

Chamberlain's Leather Milk Conditioner w/applicator pad: After I'm done cleaning, going to condition and protect my leather. Also improving the quality as well. Who knows how dry they have gotten sitting not only in my house but in warehouses ever since production date. Or even the leather parts itself. Bought this from Amazon after seeing the great reviews. Even repairing scuffs and scratches (!)

If you guys want, I can take before and after pics and update you guys on some results. Its gonna be a nice day today. :lol:

Last edited:
geraldg2309 geraldg2309 repped. Info like that however small would tak forever in the other thread to find. Kudos on the magic eraser. I was about to start toothbrushin.

geraldg2309 geraldg2309 good looks on everything like always, i use saddle soap for my 1s and it works great, and even made my chicagos softer and more pliable. Let me know if that stuff does wonders and i may order for myself. Oh and i got my purple paint in so the transformation should be done soon, gunna try for tonight to finish the purple then get my paint pen to repaint the wings logo and then they should be ready to break some necks hopefully.

Thanks, will definitely update you guys. Gonna get started on a pair right now 

@rcjbbp1313  Nice! Interested to see how your Lakers custom will turn out. And will do. The only think i'm worried about is the Leather Conditioner darkening some of the colors so i'm going to have to apply it very lightly and on an inconspicuous  spot but.. I think it'll turn out great. I'll probably try it on my black toes first, i actually have some scuffs anyways 

That toothpaste method works good. Im also lookin for a way to work on scuffs in the black areas. All i have around me is kiwi colored polish but im not looking for a "polish". I dont really want to shine them up alot.

couple of tips for whitening yellow midsoles

plus white teeth whitening gel : clean midsoles, completely dry, apply whitening gel, let set over night , then clean off...condition of soles might require multiple sessions. it can turn in to a week long process but results are good. 

another method, retrobrite

-1/2 cup of peroxide (can be the regular peroxide you buy at any store which is 3% or you can buy a 12% at a beauty store)
-tablespoon of corn starch
- a table spoon of oxiclean
Mix the 1/2 cup of peroxide and corn starch together, it will make a milky liquid then you have to microwave it for 30-45 seconds, it will then become a gel like substance

you then mix in the spoonful of oxyclean and it will foam up.... mix it until it stops foaming and it will be ready to go...

These are fire. Would love to double up but I wish they were highs and that the soles were a different color

couple of tips for whitening yellow midsoles
 plus white teeth whitening gel : clean midsoles, completely dry, apply whitening gel, let set over night , then clean off...condition of soles might require multiple sessions. it can turn in to a week long process but results are good. 

another method, retrobrite

-1/2 cup of peroxide (can be the regular peroxide you buy at any store which is 3% or you can buy a 12% at a beauty store)
-tablespoon of corn starch
- a table spoon of oxiclean
Mix the 1/2 cup of peroxide and corn starch together, it will make a milky liquid then you have to microwave it for 30-45 seconds, it will then become a gel like substance

you then mix in the spoonful of oxyclean and it will foam up.... mix it until it stops foaming and it will be ready to go...

what about my yellowed cdp 1 tongue?

Back
Top Bottom