Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
It's like they didn't learn their lesson from the bred release. Dudes thinking the royals are going to be an easy cop are going to be in tears again.

depending on where you live, it was an easy cop for some. one of driest malls in VA got the banneds. my gf was able to cop a size 6 on monday. i got back in town on saturday night and i'm sure if i tried on sunday, i probably would've been able to find a few men's sizes. i've also seen others post that they were able to cop multiples. again, it varies by location. the launch locators also showed a ton of places getting them. online is always a struggle though. i never rely on online or snrks for that matter.

nah i dont think people are gonna go in thinking it will be an easy cop but there may be more demand for them than the black/reds because people saw how much the royals go for on the resale market 

the unfortunate truth. not only are they highly sought after from a collectors perspective, but resellers are very aware of the current prices of the last release.

Im going hard fir the royals just as I did the B/reds. If there's a fcfs. Imma be lined up at NIKE by 230pm the day before release like I did this past b/red release. Gonna be talking up girls at foot locker to pick out my ticket lol all stops. No holds barred on the royal release. Not doing preorder becayse I don't wanna pay resell for a possible fake or unauthorized pair. Plus, it's like throwing in the towel before you even get a chance to swing. Imma take my shot. If the resell on the b/reds is any indicator to the royals than I'd be fine paying that first weeks price if I strike out on everything.

Third wear. I must say they're breaking in quite nicely. Probably going to ice them after today for a little bit.

I tried to keep my second B/reds DS couldnt even last a week :lol:. Threw red laces in the pair with the brighter shade of red [emoji]128293[/emoji]'s while my other pair are black laced :nthat:.

Last edited:
Lol damn busting out 2 pairs for dem laces?  Thats whats up!

Yep, I had no intention of selling em and I just wanted to keep the other pair on ice until the first ones would get beat into the ground. That plan didn't last at all :rofl: I have so many 1s itd take too long to get to the point where the 1st pair would look that beat to where I wouldn't rock em on a regular basis.

What's up everyone. So I have this lingering thought in my head(even though I kind of already know the answer). I recently acquired a DS pair of Royals from 2001 and I may acquire a DS pair of Breds from 2001 as well and was seeing if they were safe to UNDS. I heard that if the pairs were worn earlier like no too long after purchase and kept till now that they would be good to wear, but seeing as they are DS, I am unsure. I am still thinking that they are good to wear because those pairs had good quality and they don't have air bubble but would like people to shed some light if they recently UNDS'd a pair from 2001. The pairs are pretty much flawless and have no yellowing on the midsole BTW.

with jordan 1s you dont have to worry because the soles are made of rubber and the leather is stitched into the shoes so you dont have to worry about the soles breaking down on you like any other retro model where they have a polyurethane sole which is a foam which dries up and leads to sole crumbling

I think it's time to go after more banned ones. Tomorrow into next Tuesday Wednesday would be the perfect time to strike fellas.

I'm thinking of copping another pair. seeing the tumbled leather got me thinking that they will be like SBBs with creasing 

You dont have to worry about the midsole crumbling.  It's rubber and stitched but the Air Bubble in the shoe will pop and crumble.  You wont even notice it unless you sole swapped em.  Good cop.  I'm still looking for a pair of royal 01's in a 12.5-13 to replace my sz 14 pair.  

You dont have to worry about the midsole crumbling.  It's rubber and stitched but the Air Bubble in the shoe will pop and crumble.  You wont even notice it unless you sole swapped em.  Good cop.  I'm still looking for a pair of royal 01's in a 12.5-13 to replace my sz 14 pair.  
This is great info. Sorry if this is a silly question, but how much wear could one expect to get out of Jordan 1s that have been DS for 15 years? Is the leather prone to chipping, or are there any other concerns?

Last edited:
I understand your concerns/  The only 1's you'd have to worry about chipping are the 1985 pair.  the top back heel is usually already cracking and chipping on pairs that are DS.  On the 01s you will have to watch out for getting water on the suede swoosh.  It's old so it'll probably deteriorate at a rapid pace if you dont take care of it.  Theres nothing you can do about that except for condition it and try to rejuvenate and redye the suede.  Now there are pairs where the paint is cracked on the shoe but it's usually from previously being worn.  

This is great info. Sorry if this is a silly question, but how much wear could one expect to get out of Jordan 1s that have been DS for 15 years? Is the leather prone to chipping, or are there any other concerns?
They're pretty wearable.  Only thing to really worry about is cracking on the nubuck swoosh

Wasn't there someone on here who had an online shop for waxed laces with colored tips of the respective shoe they were for? (I.E. Breds, Royals, Shadows, e.t.c.)

Lol i remember i was stoked reading the insert of how my Jordans had an air sole and showed the inside diagram. But as i got older i started to think its was black magic cause i never saw one. Back in the day the clear bubble on the side of a shoe was like the greatest thing till the clear sole came along.

Back
Top Bottom