• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
  1. create hype by leaking some info & pics, generate buzz
  2. limit quantity for their hyped most popular products
  3. retro them couple of yrs later to pull in more prospective "new" customers
  4. profit with sales and limited quantity hype, so that those who missed out on last versions release will attempt to cop the next retro version
  5. repeat from 1

smart

...and don't forget the trickle down shoeconomics. A shoe sells out, thus a similar CW sells out of varying models. Take the Banned 31. Or any other blk/red shoe. (blk/red AM1)

I know of one website in China RIGHT NOW that sells Bred 1s that are 99.9% identical to retail pairs. So close that nobody I've shown them to can even tell any difference. Even the perforation holes on the toebox are the exact size as the retail pairs, all the way down to the diagonal lines on the sky blue part of the insole and the trademark "R" on the tongue. 

And I've combed through just about every UA fake Chinese website that exists. There is one that replicates Jordans like no other. And I'm willing to bet that the owner of this factory has a direct connect to people at Nike. 

And that "one small thing is off" that you speak about, well, it's so minor that it can't even be detected by sight and would have to be inspected with a microscope and compared next to a retail pair.
U should hook your brother up with that UA pair if he hasn't got them yet.
Btw what's the "difference"

I agree, draw won't have much of an impact on chances however what it does eliminate is the illegal nature of what bots do. Draw makes it fair for everyone involved. 

I may be in the minority here but I'm a major proponent of taking it back old school - scrap any raffle procedure (to eliminate backdoors, employee cheating, etc) and do FCFS for every release along with online drawings for all the footsites.
I'm down with FCFS if Nike/JB makes enough pairs to where it's not sold out an hour later.

Yup, this. Even though I have yet to win one, I'd actually be OK if every footsite went with some sort of draw for their high demand releases. Only SMS verified accounts with linked credit cards can enter, along with some additional rules to manage multiple entries. Would really hit the bots hard. 
well the footsite app is supposed to level the playing field (but it won't) which is coming soon nationally. there are work arounds for all of those things. you are assuming a high level accessibility that really shouldn't be necessary for sneakers. SMS can be spoofed, you have 'burner' credit cards which are now used and wouldn't be detectable by your ssytem.

Courtesy of NiceKicks

Last edited:
as weird as it sounds, i really feel i have a better chance entering and even checking out w/ yeezy boost than winning a raffle/draw :lol:

nice if nike tried something like random entry while actively trying to block backdoor/bots

I know of one website in China RIGHT NOW that sells Bred 1s that are 99.9% identical to retail pairs. So close that nobody I've shown them to can even tell any difference. Even the perforation holes on the toebox are the exact size as the retail pairs, all the way down to the diagonal lines on the sky blue part of the insole and the trademark "R" on the tongue. 

And I've combed through just about every UA fake Chinese website that exists. There is one that replicates Jordans like no other. And I'm willing to bet that the owner of this factory has a direct connect to people at Nike. 

And that "one small thing is off" that you speak about, well, it's so minor that it can't even be detected by sight and would have to be inspected with a microscope and compared next to a retail pair.
U should hook your brother up with that UA pair if he hasn't got them yet.
Btw what's the "difference"
He hasn't got them yet, but at the same time he's not going to bend over backwards to acquire them for $350 even though he can afford to do it. I told him about the UA site and it's completely on him if he wants to cop the UA pair for the same price it would've cost him at retail.

The difference isn't even on the shoes itself. It's the bag that holds the extra laces. It's ever so slightly longer than the retail bags. The other fake pairs have a wider bag, some even come with a red line and the laces aren't tied correctly inside the bag. But this particular site does everything correctly - the way the laces are tied, the width of the bag is identical - it's just the length is about an inch too long. But even so, I'm sure this factory will eventually "catch up" and produce the same identical lace bag that Nike uses.

sadly since bots run online releases looks like i may end up trying to get shoes in person. I gave that up after spacejams caused a riot at the line i was in and got people mashed into a cage and jumped. At that point i was like nope...shoes are not worth it.

But in person raffles for now might be my only answer because i haven't been able to cop at retail anything for a long time that was a hyped instant sell out release

well the footsite app is supposed to level the playing field (but it won't) which is coming soon nationally. there are work arounds for all of those things. you are assuming a high level accessibility that really shouldn't be necessary for sneakers. SMS can be spoofed, you have 'burner' credit cards which are now used and wouldn't be detectable by your ssytem.
I agree, it's a tall order to create a level playing field. Lots of smart people out there that are always figuring out  ways to break the system. But  with the footsite apps, etc. it becomes much more fair for the general population. Plus it would also cut down on all the backdooring since inventory would be controlled at a higher level than the stores. 

The barriers for resellers become much higher. More time, effort, money and resources would be needed. Only the hardcore ones would remain. Getting rid of the amateurs alone would make a huge difference. 

sadly since bots run online releases looks like i may end up trying to get shoes in person. I gave that up after spacejams caused a riot at the line i was in and got people mashed into a cage and jumped. At that point i was like nope...shoes are not worth it.

But in person raffles for now might be my only answer because i haven't been able to cop at retail anything for a long time that was a hyped instant sell out release
You could also sacrifice another release you might want and add the money to the release that you "really" want. Imagine going to your collection and you love every pair!

I agree, draw won't have much of an impact on chances however what it does eliminate is the illegal nature of what bots do. Draw makes it fair for everyone involved. 

I may be in the minority here but I'm a major proponent of taking it back old school - scrap any raffle procedure (to eliminate backdoors, employee cheating, etc) and do FCFS for every release along with online drawings for all the footsites.
I'm down with FCFS if Nike/JB makes enough pairs to where it's not sold out an hour later.
What I love about FCFS is that it leaves it up to YOU to determine your fate. Those who really want the shoe will line up much earlier than others, and it's a system where it's truly one pair per every person in line. If you show up in line two hours before the store opens, chances are you will strike out. If you show up 10 hours or the night prior to, you'll probably cop.

At the end of the day, if you want multiple pairs, you're gonna have to gather up a bunch of homies and family members to be at multiple locations at the same time. It takes much more WORK to do this, and if resellers wanna resell, this method will make them EARN their keep since its impossible for one person to be at multiple FCFS lines at the same time.

You could also sacrifice another release you might want and add the money to the release that you "really" want. Imagine going to your collection and you love every pair!

I have a fake moral code of not buying a pair of shoes that i don't want. Back in the day when i would line up on first come first serve id wait 2-3 hours to get to the front of the line and if they were sold out of my size i would walk away. But the game has def changed and im just slow to adapt :lol: i guess i could always just look into getting a bot.

I also have a hard time paying $400+ for shoes that retail for sub $200. Something about paying that much for rubber and cloth that i don't wear every day...just the principle of it.

I only get real salty during releases like this because its an OG colorway that i really want. Im mostly good with missing on new releases. But i have 3s and 4s and other 1s and 5s and most J's that i want....but not these :lol:

What I love about FCFS is that it leaves it up to YOU to determine your fate. Those who really want the shoe will line up much earlier than others, and it's a system where it's truly one pair per every person in line. If you show up in line two hours before the store opens, chances are you will strike out. If you show up 10 hours or the night prior to, you'll probably cop.

At the end of the day, if you want multiple pairs, you're gonna have to gather up a bunch of homies and family members to be at multiple locations at the same time. It takes much more WORK to do this, and if resellers wanna resell, this method will make them EARN their keep since its impossible for one person to be at multiple FCFS lines at the same time.
True, but you shouldn't have to line up.  Point is they should be readily available like any other product in life.

Back
Top Bottom