Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
That sucks for the residents I wonder how much it costs to live in that neighborhood and now have to experience this.

If you been there for as long as some of those people have not crazy bread but it does suck.. when I was working in soho it was awesome but that was also 11 years ago.. it's a shame really. Towards the end of my time I hated it and couldn't wait to leave my job.

The downfall of soho is because of the greed of the old people that own buildings and spaces in soho who got em dirt cheap in the 70s 80s and early 90s and decided to raise the rent on the delis and restaurants that use to occupy those spaces.

Nike didn't change soho, greed and money changed soho. The owners pushed those people out who had small business and sold the leases to the highest bidders which were naturally high end stores..

Last edited:
That sucks for the residents I wonder how much it costs to live in that neighborhood and now have to experience this.

Lived at Broome/Broadway for a few years (rent was $6200/mo but it came with a cleaning person twice a week and included cable) .... and honestly, I think some of the brouhaha is more about very brown/black kids in the neighborhood. The neighborhood is a mixed use district and residents know with the commercial usage comes crowds comes events comes a bit of chaos to a residential life.

Outside of that Nike poorly organize events poorly organize releases and should have known and planned for the magnitude of Nike SoHo in the otherwise boutique district. Also to put in persepective with regards to residents -- a 100+ folks show up weekly for various runs through Nike run and resident seem less concerned about those individuals milling about in front of the store (and there's no police called regarding that) -- but then again the racial/class dynamics are different.

Last edited:
All I see is opportunity. A chance to make a few dollars. Skin color doesn't have that effect on the new age. Somehow it's just overhyped like some adidas boost. The real question is why would you expect peace in a city?

Obviously Mr. HipHop doesn't get out much.

Nah .... I definetly get out and about and was there for the opening and the adidas flagship opening down the street (a few months earlier) which brought out a few hundred folks as well for NMD day (and restock of the OG human race). The police wasn't called out for that event but then again Adidas ran an organized event -- while queued up they came through with a menu of what was available and what was sold out, a few folks from entering they took your size of what you want so once you were inside it was a quick and efficient sales process. Nike on the other hand we got yelled at by the security who seemed way to angry for that early in the morning lol...there was no weed smoking, music or chairs -- which tends to be the norm at drops.

Thinking about using them for a tongue swap? The KO tongue is shorter than regular tongues because the canvas toe box is longer so maybe size up or you'll end up with a short tongue.

Good call, I was thinking I should size up as well. A sz 15 should be dirt cheap too.

This is the only legit swap as the others say air and Jordan's PE didnt.

Lived at Broome/Broadway for a few years (rent was $6200/mo but it came with a cleaning person twice a week and included cable) .... and honestly, I think some of the brouhaha is more about very brown/black kids in the neighborhood. The neighborhood is a mixed use district and residents know with the commercial usage comes crowds comes events comes a bit of chaos to a residential life.

Outside of that Nike poorly organize events poorly organize releases and should have known and planned for the magnitude of Nike SoHo in the otherwise boutique district. Also to put in persepective with regards to residents -- a 100+ folks show up weekly for various runs through Nike run and resident seem less concerned about those individuals milling about in front of the store (and there's no police called regarding that) -- but then again the racial/class dynamics are different.

Crazy how expensive NYC is.

Good luck to everyone that is going for the Top 3s on the apps.

Crazy how expensive NYC is.

Good luck to everyone that is going for the Top 3s on the apps.
LMAO, folks are paying ridiculous money to live there and deal with that scene...

Jordan heads are some of the biggest dregs in society you will encounter. I'd be PISSED if I lived in SOHO and had a Nike store open near me. 

The downfall of soho is because of the greed of the old people that own buildings and spaces in soho who got em dirt cheap in the 70s 80s and early 90s and decided to raise the rent on the delis and restaurants that use to occupy those spaces.

Nike didn't change soho, greed and money changed soho. The owners pushed those people out who had small business and sold the leases to the highest bidders which were naturally high end stores..

Such a shame, man.

I still would love to live in NYC but holy ****. I still have a hard time believing it's that expensive.

the problem is nike is allowing this to happen

http://nypost.com/2016/11/27/nikes-new-store-is-bringing-chaos-to-soho-residents/

this is all free advertisement for them
the lines
the drinking
the smoking
the loud noise
nike wants this

until someone really gets hurt this is be the norm for big releases
the store does not give a damn

the picture you see was opening day not the day people camped the week before when the store could not open because of permit issues
people though there was going to be gold in the store the opening day it was all crap
only good thing for sale was the blue suede 12's that's still for sale

if you had a wristband from the week before then you got a chance to get some of the good stuff
any other good shoes will just randomly be put out for sale from what i was told

Last edited:
So the problem is "dark people" or Nike?

Clearly Nike .... but I noted they suck at sneaker events -- particularly releases in my post. The nypost piece couches it as 'chaos' and the picture used for the piece is meant to be interpreted as a mob -- a chaotic mob. Had a non-aerial pic been used it probably woulda shown traffic wasn't blocked (on b'way or spring), entrances to stores weren't blocked, cars weren't parked illegally....yes - sidewalks were packed and it was difficult for folks to get through and yes folks were standing in front of other stores. I recognize the conversation among residents is couched in class and sadly that devolves into race.

Last edited:
There's a reputation button for a reason. I guess alot of ppl salty off those pictures. 3 reps including mine? Selfish I tell you!

Back
Top Bottom