Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
'01s or '13s?
'01s or '13s?

The OG black/grey dropped in '85 (5th colorway i believe). It wouldn't be retro'd until 2009 at which point the shade of grey was catalogued as 'shadow' grey as versus soft grey. This retro was a leather and suede combo (akin to the laney with the grey being suede). The 2013 retro would be an OG IMin so far as it was an all leather offering. The upcoming retro will consist of a dark grey which is where the dark shadow moniker is coming from....

EDIT: you can also distinguish the '09 and '13 retros by the fact the wings logo is only embossed on them

8y for my lil bro and a 12 for big daddy (Me) lil bro said he dont like em now Idk wth g's mean but I dont gang bang my ***** lbs

8y for my lil bro and a 12 for big daddy (Me) lil bro said he dont like em now Idk wth g's mean but I dont gang bang my ***** lbs

GS = grade school
PS = Pre-school

Edit: the 8y would constitute a grade school (GS) pair and explain why the wings logo looks different then the adult pairs seen in the thread previously.

Last edited:

GS = grade school
PS = Pre-school

Edit: the 8y would constitute a grade school (GS) pair and explain why the wings logo looks different then the adult pairs seen in the thread previously.
Wouldn't an 8y be available in girls shoes only that didn't come in men's sizes?

They don't make 8Y... the 8 in Chi's would be adult sizing and if thats the pic of them above, then they're fugazi

Wouldn't an 8y be available in girls shoes only that didn't come in men's sizes?

I think you might be right .... I don't have the official release info handy for the CHIs but I know I've seen releases in which there's an overlap in the high-end of the GS and the low-end of the adult run -- and thought that might be the case with these particularly the 7, 7.5, and 8 sizing.

Last edited:
GS only goes up to 7Y for regular releases.

For the new special "GS Only" releases (i.e. Citrus 11's), GS goes up to 9.5Y.

There are no size 8Y Chicago I's.

Well, decided I didn't want to sit in line for two hours so I just passed on the royals. The worst owner works there now, the other two moves to LA.
But I got a pair of 11s and some Lebrons from up the street, so it wasn't in vain.
Roundtwo?

It's not the same going there lately

I just followed them on IG. They look pretty dope, and I only live a state over so it's not entirely out of the question to take a trip one day.
Don't get me wrong they come across heat still but the deals use to be much better before Sean and Chris left.

Back
Top Bottom