Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Dang thought the new bruins where a recent hybrid of the Cortez made just for the Sb line....guess not.

Patent swoosh

Compared to the neutrals and breds these are looking very very underwhelming even cheap passing big time.

Sitting everywhere too

How can Nike call a shoe "OG" and put patent leather on it? I will be returning these when they arrive. OG should be true to the original. This is why I stopped buying most of the junk that Jordan releases

How can Nike call a shoe "OG" and put patent leather on it? I will be returning these when they arrive. OG should be true to the original. This is why I stopped buying most of the junk that Jordan releases
Idk, but Nike tried to emulate that metallic-like paint on the OGs. Looks like they thought PL was the closest thing lmao

Im suprised theres Still a FSR of white/reds on NDC. Might cop if i can get my homie to get em off swoosh, dont really wanna pay retail.

Yeah trust me guys. These aren't worth it have that team jordan feel to them something you'd look over at footlocker

So...

White/Neutral Greys = EU release = good quality

White/Red = US release = ****tty quality???

damn lol

So...

White/Neutral Greys = EU release = good quality
White/Red = US release = ****tty quality???

damn lol

White/grey and white/red both have similar leather quality. Both shoes could have been executed better. The swoosh on the white/grey was 3M while the OG's was nubuck. As for the white/red's, the swoosh material should have been metallic (although it is close). I will not complain about this release because none of the lows were remastered.

I don't think nike labelling the shoe OG has anything to do with color. Didn't nike call the black/gum highs OG?

OG Nrtl Gry lows/high actually had suede swooshes, not nubuck and certainly not reflective 3M scotchlite.

Y'all are getting so worked up over simple things like a sparkling metallic swoosh vs. a patent leather one and complaining about what you expected vs. what you were given.

I'm a grumpy, old curmudgeon when it comes to trying to get the most OG version, but for most, this shoe is originally rare and few pictures or samples exist even to this day. For JB to even bring it this out and to get the molds that were getting, some gratitude ought to be shown. Regardless of tiny, tiny details like that.

OG Nrtl Gry lows/high actually had suede swooshes, not nubuck and certainly not reflective 3M scotchlite.

Y'all are getting so worked up over simple things like a sparkling metallic swoosh vs. a patent leather one and complaining about what you expected vs. what you were given.

I'm a grumpy, old curmudgeon when it comes to trying to get the most OG version, but for most, this shoe is originally rare and few pictures or samples exist even to this day. For JB to even bring it this out and to get the molds that were getting, some gratitude ought to be shown. Regardless of tiny, tiny details like that.

OG white/greys look nubuck to me. But if it is suede, then it is suede (won't argue that). Although the white/red's have patent swoosh, like I said earlier, it is close to metallic (at least JB got the red color correct for this release).

With that being said, I will get a second pair soon.

White/blue Asia exclusive :nerd:

Are the white/red OGs actually metallic?

I can't tell from the catelog pics and I don't rememver seeing a real pic of em

Excuse me if something slipped my mind I've been doing Organic Chemistry for the last 4/5 hours

Are the white/red OGs actually metallic?

I can't tell from the catelog pics and I don't rememver seeing a real pic of em

Excuse me if something slipped my mind I've been doing Organic Chemistry for the last 4/5 hours

White and red OG highs were metallic and the white/red lows did not have the metallic description, but they looked metallic based on the pics I saw.

The Swoosh on the White/Grey Lows is not Suede! 
laugh.gif
 - If your Swoosh is Suede you better post those in the Legit Check Forum

and Calling it 3m is wrong cuz it's not Flashing like Real 3m would.

I can't explain exactly which material was  used but those Mention above are incorrect!

The Swoosh on the White/Grey Lows is not Suede! :lol:  - If your Swoosh is Suede you better post those in the Legit Check Forum

I can't explain exactly which material was  used but those Mention above are incorrect!

We are talking about OG's here. I do not think anyone mentioned that the retros was suede. As for the 3M on the retros, it is still 3M on leather but a weaker 3M.

With that said, you are incorrect.

We are talking about OG's here. I do not think anyone mentioned that the retros was suede. As for the 3M on the retros, it is still 3M on leather but a weaker 3M.

With that said, you are incorrect.
a weaker 3m??? I don't think so - 3m pops  no matter - 

it's just a matte Grey leather on the 2015 - not trying to Argue but it doesn't come off as any 3m when i snapped pics of my lows

I don't know you ment the 1985 versions regarding the Suede Swoosh, which is correct as well as the High's were Suede

The Swoosh on the White/Grey Lows is not Suede! :lol:  - If your Swoosh is Suede you better post those in the Legit Check Forum

It's a 3M swoosh on 2015, there are tons of pics here with the flash as well! Too lazy to pull mine out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom