Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

I wonder why these sit so badly-even 11 lows sellout pretty quickly, strange these don't have a similar type of hype... Maybe I'm just old and don't understand what the kids like haha

well even back in the days lows didnt sell at all

they actually sell better today as opposed to back then lol

11 lows are not much different from the standard 11 which is a mid technically

the high to low on jordan 1's are far more varied than just height like the reworked placement of the wings from the upper to the heel tab

also padding is far less on lows

and the color block effect with the upper or lack there of you lose since its a low lol

and honestly i think most like to rock highs with jeans tucked behind the tongue

cant really do that too well with the lows

of course for NORMAL jean wearers not i live in jogger types or skin tight pants lol

also the swoosh is angled differently obvious due to it being a low

so there are quite a few cosmetic aspects that you lose on this model in a low

I wonder why these sit so badly-even 11 lows sellout pretty quickly, strange these don't have a similar type of hype... Maybe I'm just old and don't understand what the kids like haha

The youths just don't understand. These are classics and as OG as they can get. I think 11 are hideous and the lows are even worse.

Their loss and our gain. We feasting

Last edited:
Well these definitely sold better than the BlkReds. But im certain majority of the pairs will be returned or sit on the resell market.

Wouldve copped in a heartbeat. But im just over JB putting out half effort product. Sad cuz i really wanted these.

Last edited:
I think people are just more conscious about what and when they want to buy. With Unc1s l, supp 5s and possible yeezys or maroons 6s why buy lows?

I like these alot. In person, yah the quality is this weird almost plastic-leather like feel to them but on discount and a great color combo easy win for people that like them.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

:rofl:. Just sent a bunch of messages to eBay sellers asking for $120 shipped via PP invoice. They respond with I can do $160-180. I'm not sure if they know how supply and demand works.

in my area 1s as a whole never sold until everyone saw the resell money to be made....i noticed that the average joe sees nothing special about 1s...they think they are just dunks with jordans logo on em....now the 11's i cant explain since i never saw the big deal with them, folks like patent leather i guess. 

in my area 1s as a whole never sold until everyone saw the resell money to be made....i noticed that the average joe sees nothing special about 1s...they think they are just dunks with jordans logo on em....now the 11's i cant explain since i never saw the big deal with them, folks like patent leather i guess. 

Good point with the PL.. Air Jordan XI IEs don't sell nearly as well as the mids (3/4) or even the lows... I remember pairs sitting at discount on the shelves of The Athlete's Foot in 2003.

As far as Jordan 1s go, I think they might be the easiest Jordan to wear casually due to their simplicity. Nike has somehow created a market for both GR mids which sit on the shelves/go on discount AND OG Highs which are priced higher and tend to sellout (couple exceptions for the non-OG cws).

Last edited:

You weren't around for the original release I assume.

Well these definitely sold better than the BlkReds. But im certain majority of the pairs will be returned or sit on the resell market.

Wouldve copped in a heartbeat. But im just over JB putting out half effort product. Sad cuz i really wanted these.

I still think $130 retail for these is too much

Back
Top Bottom