Official Air Jordan 13 Retro Thread

These are[emoji]128293[/emoji] Can't wait, sold my only pair a couple years ago, 2 pairs this go around.

So I'll hold on to my DS 2013 pear for now
I was hoping to unload them if remastered version was dropping

All-Stars too???

Miss me with that, I'll believe they're gonna release ALL 7 OG colorways in one year when I see it.

If they do however...

My SN isn't what it is for nothing :evil:

All this talk about nicknames on 13s got me reminiscing back in '98 when I bought every colorway while I was in college...no nicknames back then...it was simply "white 13s" or "blue 13s" or "black 13s" and "black/red 13s"

I don't know if it's just me but I absolutely detest the "cherry" and "he got game" nicknames. Why not just keep it simple and call em the "White/Red" and "Black Toe" instead.

All this talk about nicknames on 13s got me reminiscing back in '98 when I bought every colorway while I was in college...no nicknames back then...it was simply "white 13s" or "blue 13s" or "black 13s" and "black/red 13s"

I don't know if it's just me but I absolutely detest the "cherry" and "he got game" nicknames. Why not just keep it simple and call em the "White/Red" and "Black Toe" instead.
Marketing/hype

breds are breds....these are playoffs to me...
Umm that last photo are low tops..

Umm that last photo are low tops..
umm no they're not...

umm no they're not...
Was thinking the same damn thing
roll.gif
@jacktown83  is correct. They are low tops. MJ rocked PE 13 low tops during the '98 Finals. Peep how the tongue on the above pick does NOT have the yellow circle around the jumpman on the tongue like it does on the Playoff 13s.

http://sneakernews.com/2012/08/28/air-jordan-xiii-pe-spotlight/

air-jordan-xiii-low-pe-for-michael-jordan-black-red.jpg

Last edited:
What are those 2 vis on the lower right hand corner of that pic? One looks to be the motorsports???

i wonder if the 13's will be as popular as the 12's in 2016 ?

I'm going to say no. Most hype is with Adidas/Boost right now. I see people trying to resell J's now and shoes are just sitting. I think the people who want them will get them, unless the shoe is marketed right and hype is created (Space Jams), should be an ok release.

13's man...can't wait. Black/White (He Got Games :lol: ) were my first Jordan's ever. Love them. I thought that hologram was so cool on the side in 4th grade :smokin

I never understood the XII hype. They were OK shoes.

Last edited:
@jacktown83
 is correct. They are low tops. MJ rocked PE 13 low tops during the '98 Finals. Peep how the tongue on the above pick does NOT have the yellow circle around the jumpman on the tongue like it does on the Playoff 13s.

http://sneakernews.com/2012/08/28/air-jordan-xiii-pe-spotlight/

air-jordan-xiii-low-pe-for-michael-jordan-black-red.jpg

Preciate it playa! 8)

He is wearing the highs in the second pic though :lol:

To add to the info above on the low PEs, I know for sure he wore the all black/red low in game 4 vs the Pacers and for the first half of game 2 of the finals, then switched back to the highs, and the 3M all-star lows in game 2 vs the Pacers, and at least of game 5 in the finals.

Some more shots... (note the "playoff" lows do not have the yellow circle and have 3M mesh panels).

Last edited:
i wonder if the 13's will be as popular as the 12's in 2016 ?

I believe they will be. Even if Adidas has a big share of the hype nowadays, they still had the same share around this time last year as well. True fans of Jordans aren't going to stop copping J's just because other brands have garnered interest. Besides, the XIII's are many peoples all time favorites and have just as many dope OG colorways as the XII's did.

I also loathe most of the nicknames kids come up these days.  You're definitely not the only one.

Back
Top Bottom