Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

NICE PLAIN AND SLEEK WHAT THEY SHOULD AIMING FOR JUST LIKE THE 21 OR THE 10 OR THE 22 OR THE 15 OR THE 12

I hated the 10's but the 09's made a great basketball sneaker. I got them half off so Ill wait till these go on sale. People are not really bouts to go carzy over them if there not hot.

I hope Tinker/JB keeps it real simple like most popular jordans use to be.Most people who use to love the new jordan sig shoes have lost interests because of the company or designer trying so hard to make them look so different which in returns back fires like the 2009s&2010s.There just trying so hard to be different that it makes the shoes ugly,i want a shoe that looks good like past air jordans.

Originally Posted by grownmendonthate

I hope Tinker/JB keeps it real simple like most popular jordans use to be.Most people who use to love the new jordan sig shoes have lost interests because of the company or designer trying so hard to make them look so different which in returns back fires like the 2009s&2010s.There just trying so hard to be different that it makes the shoes ugly,i want a shoe that looks good like past air jordans.

True, but patent leather and elephant print werent so common back then either. 
but their leap in becoming revolutionary is a bit over the top. 

Personally, yes, they try too hard, but keeping it simple isnt really the answer IMO

I grew to like the 2010's, but the 09's even though I got them cheap, they're still wack

They turned off the public so bad, nobody even really cares about the 2011's

Thats my point^,if tinker has made classics in the past why cant he now.Its just hard to see a man make a horrible shoe like the windows 2010 after making such good looking shoes in the past.Yea you can be revolutionary with using new materials like tinker has done in the past,but the overal design/shape/material placement of the 2009 and 2010 are horrific.They need to look at past successful air jordans and slow it down a bit and give us another classic its not that hard like there making it seem.

tinker didn't do the 2009.

and as funny as the window on the 2010 looked at first, they were actually executed really well. they will become a classic like the XX3's did.

If it wasn't for the window on the 2010, I think they would've been one of the best looking shoes in a while.. But that window is wack.

The only reason these shoes are classic people is becausae Michael Jordan was playing basketball then.  That's it !  It's real simple.  Back in the day, people wanted to "be like Mike".....it was his superhuman abilities on the court, marketing, charisma, etc......that's why Air Jordans are classic.  I know this because I watched his whole career (UNC, Bulls, Wizards) he didn't become phenomenal until the NBA.  He did great things @ UNC but trust, it was all about Perkins.  Michael made these shoes classic NOT TINKER !!!!!!!!  I don't want to minimize Tinker's talents @ all, but w/out MJ, more than half of these shoes would fade into oblivion........just like Air Jordans have since Michael Jordan doesn't play anymore.

C O O K # 45
get fit.

Originally Posted by eltouha

tinker didn't do the 2009.

and as funny as the window on the 2010 looked at first, they were actually executed really well. they will become a classic like the XX3's did.

Bad comparison, the XXIII's were well received instantly. The 2010's weren't. Even me, I didn't like them at first. Now, certain colors are nice to me. Plus they're really comfortable. I have two pair, and will probably get the red and black eventually.

Originally Posted by 4fitness

The only reason these shoes are classic people is becausae Michael Jordan was playing basketball then.  That's it !  It's real simple.  Back in the day, people wanted to "be like Mike".....it was his superhuman abilities on the court, marketing, charisma, etc......that's why Air Jordans are classic.  I know this because I watched his whole career (UNC, Bulls, Wizards) he didn't become phenomenal until the NBA.  He did great things @ UNC but trust, it was all about Perkins.  Michael made these shoes classic NOT TINKER !!!!!!!!  I don't want to minimize Tinker's talents @ all, but w/out MJ, more than half of these shoes would fade into oblivion........just like Air Jordans have since Michael Jordan doesn't play anymore.

C O O K # 45
get fit.
WEll said

I agree to the point of jordan playing and making the shoes popular himself but the shoes Nike/Tinker made for jordan matched his playing at the time also.The shoes were ill and one of kind looking and then for jordan to play the way he did just made it that much special.But dont get it twisted either if Nike and Tinker were producing hideous joints like the 2009 and 2010 all through MJs career i bet his shoes wouldnt be that popular.I dont care what anybody says jordans were the best looking shoes whenever they were released in the past.Nike couldve released 1-14 without jordan ever playing baketball in his life and they would still be one of the most popular basketball and casual worn shoe ever.Air Jordans are suppose to look better than any shoe thats out and JB and Tinker in some way have forgotten that.

Nike couldve released 1-14 without jordan ever playing baketball in his life and they would still be one of the most popular basketball and casual worn shoe ever.Air Jordans are suppose to look better than any shoe thats out and JB and Tinker in some way have forgotten that.
i don't agree.  michael jordan made these shoes classic.  just think of all of the years in a bulls uniform when he was dominating.  all of those shoes are classics.  if michael jordan didn't play in them i'm sure they would've sat on shelves for the most part.  also, if michael jordan wore the 2010's and dominated like he did with the bulls, u better believe the 2010's would also be classics.  i personally don't think tinker forgot anything.  he still comes up with amazing designs for the jordan.  he comes up with solid designs, but mj took them into the stratosphere. 

Jordan actually approved of the shoes and was a HUGE part of the design back then.

I doubt he said he wanted a window on his shoe... Hes to caught up now days.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

Nike couldve released 1-14 without jordan ever playing baketball in his life and they would still be one of the most popular basketball and casual worn shoe ever.Air Jordans are suppose to look better than any shoe thats out and JB and Tinker in some way have forgotten that.
i don't agree.  michael jordan made these shoes classic.  just think of all of the years in a bulls uniform when he was dominating.  all of those shoes are classics.  if michael jordan didn't play in them i'm sure they would've sat on shelves for the most part.  also, if michael jordan wore the 2010's and dominated like he did with the bulls, u better believe the 2010's would also be classics.  i personally don't think tinker forgot anything.  he still comes up with amazing designs for the jordan.  he comes up with solid designs, but mj took them into the stratosphere. 
Although we've had our silly words. I concur with your statements. 
I see it like this. Say Jordan never existed and these shoes came out but with no jumpman (because he never existed). Would there even be a forums on "Jordan Brand" or another name? I personally don't think so. They'd be ok shoes but no where near the iconic status of today. Mike inspired kids and people because he was actually great at what he did. With or without the shoes.  No complaining and no controversy like today's players. Someone just found a way to capitalize by connecting us, the public, to the greateast b-ball player of all time. He was inspiring. The epitome of greatness. Hence, "I want to be like Mike." Every active person drinks gatorade thanks to him too btw. MJ was the real deal.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

Although we've had our silly words. I concur with your statements. 
I see it like this. Say Jordan never existed and these shoes came out but with no jumpman (because he never existed). Would there even be a forums on "Jordan Brand" or another name? I personally don't think so.
 If Jordan never existed, there would be no Nike Talk. 

And Nike, along with the whole industry, would be nowhere near where it is today.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Jordan actually approved of the shoes and was a HUGE part of the design back then.

I doubt he said he wanted a window on his shoe... Hes to caught up now days.

If you've seen the way he has dressed the past few years, I wouldn't doubt he thought the window was a good idea.

They probably pitched him the best storyline behind the window. And he went with it.
laugh.gif

This could be the dumbest thing I have read on NT in my 11 years of being on here. The influence on MJ led to the creation of each shoe. Is the Air Revolution as popular as the Jordan 3? Air Flight 89 as popular as the Jordan 4? Air Raid as the 8? Ndestruct as the 11? No.

Back
Top Bottom