Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

You don't think JB limits supply to stoke demand?  The supply can't cope because it's being purposefully suppressed.  Not discounting the natural demand but much of this goes back to the supplier limiting stock to feed hype and thereby creating increased perceived demand. 

Nah, the black red xi still sold out after how many restocks? JB doesn't need to restrict supply when it comes to such a sought after retro.

I could have sold my 88s for £200+ profit, they cost £165... I could have 100% had a pair of lebron corks, I live locally to Hanon and no one camps out for shoes here  but guess what? I wasn't going to use them so why would I bother to buy them?

The logic of buying them to then trade later on is just as broken as buying them to resell. 

Its basic supply and demand, the demand is insane, the supply cannot cope, so even people who do not want them will buy them to sell for profit. But I have no idea how such a thing would be publicized on a website for sneaker "fans". 
Now lets say u had an extra pair of 88s and actually wanted the corks but missed out. Now u find someone with corks (or any othe sneaker you were looking for but missed out on) looking to trade for some 88s. Obviously that wouldn't be a straight up trade but both sides are happy.
How is that not logical to you?

Now lets say u had an extra pair of 88s and actually wanted the corks but missed out. Now u find someone with corks (or any othe sneaker you were looking for but missed out on) looking to trade for some 88s. Obviously that wouldn't be a straight up trade but both sides are happy.
How is that not logical to you?
 because you are still taking what you do not need.

probably cuz its not illegal, it sucks and does/is hurt the shoe collecting aspect of it but still not hurting anyone, oh and they're only shoes
I think if the shoes weren't holding such a high resale value there would be no "shoe game". The reason people collect them (aside from being nice looking shoes) is bc they are somewhat rare which makes them valuable...even if people buying them to resell is what's making them rare. It's all a game and we are hooked.

Haven't seen anyone with these on around here.

And that's pretty strange seeing how many people were talking about them during prior releases.

Haven't seen anyone with these on around here.

And that's pretty strange seeing how many people were talking about them during prior releases.
Thats because a lot of people were thinking they were going to get them..

Im from holland the HOH over here only had 20 pairs and there where over 50 people camping.

I guess the same happend a lot of places. Im happy with my pair tho 
happy.gif

Found a pair for $300 on CL. I'm gonna jump on it. Would you? Just curious about your opinions.
Honestly everyone on here is hyping up these kicks but I have a guy on CL for $300 too. They aren't an easy sell. Not many people can drop $350-$400 so reselling IMO isn't the easy money people think with these

Price of gas has gone up, materials cost has gone up, obamacare has caused prices to go up for corporations offering healthcare, there are many factors that contribute to the price increase. Does it validate a $40 increase? Maybe not, but cost of living has gone up in the last two years
but u can still get a 99 cent cheese burger that has to be bad quality.  im cool with my 88 all 3 very nice my first ones from fl had paint issues so i traded for royals at mall on release day  plus  50 bucks for the messed up 88 had to buy 3rd 88 for 300 shipped but fk it

What's your ideal amount to pay for these? (Don't say retail.lol)
LOL no not retail, that'd be pretty dense.  I'll be honest, I haven't really thought of the dollar figure as my hopes originally were to trade for them.  I ended up with 2 pairs of XI breds in December and wasn't counting on a restock to depress the market and really had hoped to trade for them, and kicking in some cash. 

I've seen them for $300, but haven't jumped so I guess a sub $300 would entice me but again I'm really hoping for that perfect scenario to play out where I unload a pair to get a pair.  Wife has been harping lately that I have too many unworn shoes.

LOL no not retail, that'd be pretty dense.  I'll be honest, I haven't really thought of the dollar figure as my hopes originally were to trade for them.  I ended up with 2 pairs of XI breds in December and wasn't counting on a restock to depress the market and really had hoped to trade for them, and kicking in some cash. 

I've seen them for $300, but haven't jumped so I guess a sub $300 would entice me but again I'm really hoping for that perfect scenario to play out where I unload a pair to get a pair.  Wife has been harping lately that I have too many unworn shoes.
Haha I can understand that. I think $300 is the number though with a retail at $200

Back
Top Bottom