Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

To add to mrairforce I ended up with 5 pairs and my friends got 8 pairs and not only that I posted before about a lady in front of me buying up 4 pairs of sz 11 lol

So I got scammed. I'm usually pretty good about this kind of thing. He let me inspect the shoes and everything and then put them in a red bag. Slight of hand and I ended up getting to the car and seein Jokers instead of the WCs. Worst thing was that I called him, thinking he just made an honest mistake cause he seemed like a good person and he was like, "I'm at the light." "I'm turning in..." every 15 minutes for over 45 mins. Dude didn't show up. 

Unfortunately, his cell phone number provides everything about him. And I am an attorney. So while I'd only be asking for damages of $250 great big bucks in small claims + $150 court fees, I'm going to go berserk over it. Never trust anything that looks too goo d to be true. 

wow the old bag switcheroo. Damn that's why I meet up in public places like banks, malls, mall food courts. I'm usually the one selling but at least there are cameras everywhere.

Last edited:

Funniest thing is the guy has 5,000+ subscribers. LMAO!!! This new age of sneaker purchasers are the reason I'll never refer to myself as a "Sneakerhead" and personally I deem it as an offensive term. Don't call me that ish ever at all! Bad thing dude might be mentally challenged and if he was in 8th grade in 2001 that means he's 24 or 25 years old...buying replicas...for $55...and likes them.

Reactions: God
OMG those BC's in that video. :x
Those are some of the worst fakes I've seen in a while and he likes them
What is this world coming to. :smh:

Thank you for both the life advice and deriving from the few sentences here that it was my blinding greed that caused all of this. 
It was a fair assessment considering what happened to you and it happens to people everyday so don't think I'm coming at you but you posted up the scenario and I just gave my viewpoint so if others were ever in your situation they wouldn't be blinded either.

Dude had all intentions of scamming that's why he played the "I'm around the corner" game with you for 45min. He just probably realized you were the wrong person to mess with and you were going to keep pursuing it. I'll be happy for you if you get the shoes but more often than not your only going to get your money back.

Craigslist isn't a problem if you take the right precautions and treat the person your meeting like what they are, a complete stranger.

It was a fair assessment considering what happened to you and it happens to people everyday so don't think I'm coming at you but you posted up the scenario and I just gave my viewpoint so if others were ever in your situation they wouldn't be blinded either.

Dude had all intentions of scamming that's why he played the "I'm around the corner" game with you for 45min. He just probably realized you were the wrong person to mess with and you were going to keep pursuing it. I'll be happy for you if you get the shoes but more often than not your only going to get your money back.

Craigslist isn't a problem if you take the right precautions and treat the person your meeting like what they are, a complete stranger.
Considering it greed was not a fair assessment bruh.

Considering it greed was not a fair assessment bruh.
Greed may be too harsh of a word but you've got to have your antennas all the way up in any situation where your getting something for the low. More often than not there's a reason your getting it for that price.

Greed may be too harsh of a word but you've got to have your antennas all the way up in any situation where your getting something for the low. More often than not there's a reason your getting it for that price.
I def agree that you have to have proceed with caution when getting a good deal. Dude may have gotten careless once he felt comfortable with the seller, but greed was def harsh.

Hello, just to update. Yeah, i did ask him. I said straight up why are you trying to sell these? He showed me 11 pairs that he bought and said he was just trying to get his money back as soon as he could. I talked to this guy for a bit so it was like... he immediately had showed me the shoes to inspect, turned around to put them in a bag, and gave me a different bag. BUT now...

he texted me this morning and said his phone was all messed up, that it was an honest mistake (like thought was a very small possibility) and he'll make it right. that's all. either way, i'm done with craigslist permanently.

LOL he is not meeting you back sorry that you git scammed but you will never see him again even in court just take the L, how can you prove what he gave you you cant.

Hopefully one of the big hitters can chime in on the in-store 23rd release. It's right around the corner...

Hello, just to update. Yeah, i did ask him. I said straight up why are you trying to sell these? He showed me 11 pairs that he bought and said he was just trying to get his money back as soon as he could. I talked to this guy for a bit so it was like... he immediately had showed me the shoes to inspect, turned around to put them in a bag, and gave me a different bag. BUT now...

he texted me this morning and said his phone was all messed up, that it was an honest mistake (like thought was a very small possibility) and he'll make it right. that's all. either way, i'm done with craigslist permanently.

LOL he is not meeting you back sorry that you git scammed but you will never see him again even in court just take the L, how can you prove what he gave you you cant.
That's what I was saying, it's his word against yours. Even if you have text messages, he can easily say you made a last minute deal change for the pair you got.

That's what I was saying, it's his word against yours. Even if you have text messages, he can easily say you made a last minute deal change for the pair you got.
either way, it wouldnt hurt if you tryed to scare that scum bag into doing the right thing. i would try to text him in a way that he would admit that he made the mistake. or you can look out for another listing and have youre boy show up and meet hims at a mall, a public area and see if he pulls of the same scheme, and make sure youre boy checks the goods

folks waiting on the 88s should go ahead and cop for the lowest they see around..these aren't coming out in the states on 23rd

Back
Top Bottom