Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know why champs and footlocker didnt have them on their sites too? seems odd since i thought that footlocker/champs/foot action/ and eastbay were all the same...

they pull from the same inventory but there are times that they dont carry the same products.

A prime example is the a lebron IX pack that released last year.

Footaction got the Mangos
Champs got the Swingmans
Footlocker got the Dunkmans

Eastbay got all 3.

they pull from the same inventory but there are times that they dont carry the same products.

A prime example is the a lebron IX pack that released last year.

Footaction got the Mangos
Champs got the Swingmans
Footlocker got the Dunkmans

Eastbay got all 3.
thanks man, always coming through with some insight. I main guess the reason would be that there werent enough pairs to spread throughout the 4 sites? But one could argue that footlocker did it through in-store hoh... so that just leaves champs the odd man out.

Mark081990 - no prob. another example is even though they are all the same company, Champs doesnt carry foamposites even though every one else does.

it could be a million reasons why they didnt do all 4 sites. only they know why they did it that way.

Mark081990 - no prob. another example is even though they are all the same company, Champs doesnt carry foamposites even though every one else does.

it could be a million reasons why they didnt do all 4 sites. only they know why they did it that way.
Right right. I see what youre saying. thanks again.

OK so hopefully on May 18, when the black toes release Nike has it planned to match them up with a much more hyped release similarly to how they did the royal 1s with the all star pack. However, itll be very difficult since everyone now knows the worth of OG 1s in the reselling market.

Hope i wake up to tracking info in the morning 
nerd.gif

I hope you get that tracking info 2day too homie .. I see this has been a crazy release for you to say the least

OK so hopefully on May 18, when the black toes release Nike has it planned to match them up with a much more hyped release similarly to how they did the royal 1s with the all star pack. However, itll be very difficult since everyone now knows the worth of OG 1s in the reselling market.

Good point, all these dummies are going to expect black toes to go for royal prices (whether they do or not is unknown at this point) which will make it harder for everyone who really wants them to cop. The cycle continues...

Good point, all these dummies are going to expect black toes to go for royal prices (whether they do or not is unknown at this point) which will make it harder for everyone who really wants them to cop. The cycle continues...
Nike strategized well on the Royal release. There were many people who wanted the Royals but lets face it --- the MAJORITY wanted all star weekend sneakers. At least all of the hypebeasts did. Then when the dust settled people started realizing that the Royals werent around. Anywhere. Not on Craigslist and hardly on eBay. The Royal thread was filled with confusion because in some places people were able to cop a couple of hours after release as the All Star Ray Guns, Kobes, Chucks, KDs, Lebrons ,etc stole the show.

Will it be like this for just this release to create hype that was a less popular colorway like black toes sells out instantly? I am not sure but it wouldnt be a bad idea for Nike. Nike could produce the Black Toes in greater numbers because collectors who were planning on buying the Black Toes before the Royals even released would surely find a way to cop them and put a little extra effort in. As well as resellers who took a lot of Royals (but it couldve been worse if they knew how limited they were ahead of time) -- now Nike would have everyone (fans of the shoe and resellers) looking to buy as many pairs as they possibly can without even realizing that 50000 pairs were produced.

Maybe Im wrong. Maybe the May 18 Black Toes will be very limited as well. But if they are.... will Nike match the release of them with an overly hyped sneaker? a unique foam color way? a denim lebron x? it remains to be seen....

I think the black toes will release in numbers/locations similar to the rest of this years NA AJ1's (except Royals and Blk/reds) now that the Blk/red 1's have been confirmed for a November 2013 release.  Now those will most likely release in numbers similar to the Royal's, and if November 2012 is any precursor to how early the JB/Nike/NSW holiday craze will begin, then there will be a ton of highly sought after releases surrounding the blk/red 1's as well.  The only difference is people will be prepared for this release and most likely won't be swayed by the other eye candy and hyped up shoes, so the blk/red 1's will be the first pairs gone out of whatever shoes release the same weekend. 

That's just my take on it 2 months out from black toes and 9 months out from blk/red's.  It looks like the year of the 5's has turned into the year of the "everything else" LOL.

Can't wait to match these up with the black toe's and blk/red 1's.  All that will be missing are the Chicago's with NA 
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom