Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
FNL took off all the selected sizes on the royal's page. looks like they won't be restocking/posting up cancelled orders anymore.

did that for the 88s a few weeks ago, and since then there hasn't been anymore pairs added.

It
FNL took off all the selected sizes on the royal's page. looks like they won't be restocking/posting up cancelled orders anymore.

did that for the 88s a few weeks ago, and since then there hasn't been anymore pairs added.
it would be funny if FNL did some big restock with the retros of this year just like they did earlier this year with last years retros

I noticed that too. But it's all good. I was honestly getting tired of waking up every morning to check for canceled orders only to end up disappointed and with lack of sleep when they didn't put them up.

I noticed that too. But it's all good. I was honestly getting tired of waking up every morning to check for canceled orders only to end up disappointed and with lack of sleep when they didn't put them up.

This is how I feel too... specially since us in the west coast is 5am for releases n sht.... the day I dont check, that's the day the cancelled pairs go up... (yesterday)

Not tripping already got a pair somewhere down the road I'll pick up a second one :D

Last edited:
My Eastbay pair came in yesterday (finally). A little wrinkling of the leather on the toebox on the left shoe, but nothing substantial. My 1's collection is just 3 pairs short (Shadows, 2 pairs of Black Toes) of completion, barring NA Chicagos. Also, swapped out the laces on one pair of the Royals as well as the Knicks. Think the Knicks look much better with the Royal laces.
smokin.gif
dope collection 

GT - Georgetown?

Oh if we're talking about the Georgetown mids, no thanks. I love the Air Jordan 1. The 1994 Chicagos were the first retro Jordan I ever purchased. I was 10 years old then, and I'd been wanting those since I could remember, never thinking it was a possibility. Then it was. I think my Size 9 was $78 with taxes. I remember because it was my neighborhood lawn mowing earnings that I bought them with.

I love the 1's just as much today, but I'm picky about colorways. Right now I only have OG colorways with the exception of Hare, Vegas and Knicks 1's. It will probably stay that way. They have flooded the market with 1's that are cut too low or in really whack colorways. I will say though that those that slept on the Vegas 1's missed out. Sure, there's the gold wings logo and the crazy lining design, but there's a ton of ankle padding and the softest leather (softer than the Banneds even though not that distressed, thicker leather) on an AJ1 in probably more than a decade. White and Black 1's :smokin

My Eastbay pair came in yesterday (finally). A little wrinkling of the leather on the toebox on the left shoe, but nothing substantial. My 1's collection is just 3 pairs short (Shadows, 2 pairs of Black Toes) of completion, barring NA Chicagos. Also, swapped out the laces on one pair of the Royals as well as the Knicks. Think the Knicks look much better with the Royal laces.
smokin.gif
Wow sick collection you got there.

Oh if we're talking about the Georgetown mids, no thanks. I love the Air Jordan 1. The 1994 Chicagos were the first retro Jordan I ever purchased. I was 10 years old then, and I'd been wanting those since I could remember, never thinking it was a possibility. Then it was. I think my Size 9 was $78 with taxes. I remember because it was my neighborhood lawn mowing earnings that I bought them with.

I love the 1's just as much today, but I'm picky about colorways. Right now I only have OG colorways with the exception of Hare, Vegas and Knicks 1's. It will probably stay that way. They have flooded the market with 1's that are cut too low or in really whack colorways. I will say though that those that slept on the Vegas 1's missed out. Sure, there's the gold wings logo and the crazy lining design, but there's a ton of ankle padding and the softest leather (softer than the Banneds even though not that distressed, thicker leather) on an AJ1 in probably more than a decade. White and Black 1's :smokin
Knicks 1s stay underrated. Smh. Classic shoe that'll never be retroed again and if it is it'll be at least a decade from now and definitely won't have that unique insole.

This is how I feel too... specially since us in the west coast is 5am for releases n sht.... the day I dont check, that's the day the cancelled pairs go up... (yesterday)

Not tripping already got a pair somewhere down the road I'll pick up a second one
happy.gif
Forreal. Waking up at 4:45 just to be fully awake for when they release em was torture enough, but having them release on the days that you decide to sleep in was just killing me. 
laugh.gif
 Still looking to come up on a second pair as well.

Knicks 1s stay underrated. Smh. Classic shoe that'll never be retroed again and if it is it'll be at least a decade from now and definitely won't have that unique insole.
It's really hit or miss w/ the knicks cw though... a great come up for guys who like the colors since the quality is pretty well made on these. if you like them at all, don't sleep and get a pair before resellers try to bump the prices...

Last edited:
 I am a size 10.5 and the cheapest I saw these on ebay for is $350 which I find insane for a pair of 1's. Do you think the prices will ever go down?

I am a size 10.5 and the cheapest I saw these on ebay for is $350 which I find insane for a pair of 1's. Do you think the prices will ever go down?

even if they do go down it would be around 300.so chase all the auctions you can chase and then if you struck out and the size you need goes in about 15-20 pairs on ebay bite the bullet.That has always been my tactic.I wouldnt want to be in a position 3 months for now searching for these.Of course passing would be a solid option,with all the heat coming nowadays every now and then your thirst will be quenched by another shoe.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. Knicks were a great release, very underrated. No way those are ever coming back in OG form. I grabbed 2 for that reason.

I feel the same way. Knicks were a great release, very underrated. No way those are ever coming back in OG form. I grabbed 2 for that reason.
sorry we derailing the royals thread w/ the knicks talk but just saw these went back up in canada. a bit more than us retail but still a good deal.
couple sizes left.
http://nrml.ca/catalog/product/view/id/24955/s/JORDAN-JORDAN-1-RETRO-HIGH-OG-GAME ROYAL/TEAM ORANGE/

lets say a guy doesn't know what colours mj did wear back when he played.color and quality wise knicks are :smokin :smokin .But imo (MY OPINION,NO NEED TO ARGUE) i like colours that remind me of when i watched him play.Im 31 and back then no jordans circulated here(or at least few and i didnt have the knowledge or the money)..so Im thirsty for everything released back then.And yes I know he didnt wore royals in game...but there is always this.
View media item 300038

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom