Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never bought a shoe based on what celebrities are wearing them because I have no connection to rap music, nor do I care what some dbag like Kanye thinks is fashionable. Maybe I'm too old or too white, but I get excited about the shoes that were part of my childhood, part of the original Air Jordan legacy, shoes I didn't own when I was a kid and want to own now, or new retro + colorways that align with my sense of style. I love basketball, but outside of hoops and my roots as an MJ and Chicago Bulls fan I am an outsider to many of the threads that bind a good part of the sneaker community together.
Same here, in the sense that growing up I couldn't afford J's. Even after HS and started working, I was more concerned about making enough to move out. So buying J's was more of a luxury that I had to skip on.Now that I make enough and have settled down a bit, it was a perfect time to start getting the J's I've always wanted as a kid. Countless hours as a kid watching MJ make an amazing play, run to my backyard hoop and try to copy what I just saw during a commercial break ( I know I'm not the only one). Collecting J's is more about sentimental value than copping cause the shoe is hot, or cause speech impaired kanye (musical genius/dumb as dirt in public speaking) wears them. I know for a fact though that 13-15 year old me would be stoked at my collection now. Good things come in time, just had to be patient.
nthat.gif
  That's what it's all about.  Sounds like we had similar childhoods.

These are one of the few J's I'll be copping this year.  One of the few that I've avoided hitting eBay to get an older pair of.

wat. I didnt know Nike wasnt getting em. Havent been keeping up with this thread.

They tweeted that they weren't going to be sold through nike.com if I remember correctly.

Aw man, the only spot that got the Knicks colorway is some "boutique" that sells b-grades

called my local Nike Town today, they aren't getting them

hopefully i can find a spot here that will have em, id hate to pay reseller prices

called my local Nike Town today, they aren't getting them

hopefully i can find a spot here that will have em, id hate to pay reseller prices
Damn then i am ******. I cant stay in the long *** line that always forms around HoH
:[

Last edited:
Am i missing something here?  I mean preorders are going for $300 and everything is pointing toward a semi limited release smdh.  Reallllllyyy not trying to bite the bullet and pay 200+ for these

Am i missing something here?  I mean preorders are going for $300 and everything is pointing toward a semi limited release smdh.  Reallllllyyy not trying to bite the bullet and pay 200+ for these

JM said this release will be the same distribution as the Knicks 1 so I am going with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom