:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by lockdown36

Originally Posted by DEpast

I waited in line four hours. Kept a size 9 for me and sold three others for $235 a pair after shipping/paypal costs. I left Champs/Footlocker/Jimmy Jazz with $680 in receipts for four pairs.

Off the three pairs I sold, that totaled $705.

I do this to get my (fourth) pair for free. My pair. It works without charging rape and helps out other NTers who didn't get pairs.

How did you get your fourth pair free?

705-680 = $25...
Obviously, you didn't do well in Math.

I bought four pairs for $680 and sold three pairs for $705.

Originally Posted by lockdown36

So i sold my pair for 270 picked up....A second at 310

If im understanding this correctly ...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by kiluminati616

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by CatchnTDs

We all know re sellers will camp for 24 hours like its their job b/c it pretty much is their job. The only way we can stop it is by not buying for $300+ so they'll be stuck with some J's which they obviously won't wear. I don't know though it's a big problem but with any business you'll hit a roadblock and business won't be flourishing but as of right now... resellers are "Ca$hin out"

false, dumb resellers or people without jobs do that.

i spent exactly 1 hour, doing all this, i drove to the mom and pop before they opened, bought all the pairs i wanted, went to FC and dropped them off
pimp.gif

who can be mad at that? I spent about 15 minutes ordering these from my phone as I laid in bed saturday morning. got lucky and order went thru easily. I don't particularly like them so I plan to sit on them and use them as trade bait for a pair I really do want. I know I'm not always gonna be able to cop as easily as I did online so if i miss out on that gold medal 6/7 this summer trust i'll be taking these to flightclub and use those proceeds to get the 7s.

Resellers. I'm my own worst enemy. But it's a necessary evil in my eyes.

Unfortunately acquiring "trade bait" is one of the few ways to avoid rape prices these days.  Sneaker currency if you will.  All of these folks who want to be helped out are the same ones who are quick to hit you over the head for $350 for Concords because that's the "market price."  In some cases if you purchase a shoe for retail that's close in value to another shoe and make a trade then it's a win-win.  Moral of the story: do your homework.  Nothing in life is free.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

wow @ some of these comments...

WORD!  People don't even front no more...it's a damn cub scout badge nowadays lol.  Whatever yo...to each their own.

haha, everyone of these threads has those "purists" that blame resellers, everyone else got excuses as to why the game has changed..

it's the system now, people gotta learn to accept it. if u don't like it then it's gonna be tough for you to adjust to the game.. just like politics .. err nvm we'll not get into that, people may get salty 

anyways, i just wanna see what fits everyone has going w/ these.. i know they're starting to roll in so where the pics at? i'll post mine up tomorrow once mine come in

Originally Posted by apthekid

WORD!  People don't even front no more...it's a damn cub scout badge nowadays lol.  Whatever yo...to each their own.

never knew that people bought what they didn't like...not only to resell, but as trade bait for future releases...
laugh.gif
 i don't remember NTers publicly stating that before....

Can someone post pics of these on feet with jeans? I'm starting to like them less than I initially did but if I like how they look on, it might pull me back into wanting a pair

never knew that people bought what they didn't like...not only to resell, but as trade bait for future releases...
laugh.gif
It's a beautiful thing actually.

I may trade my only pair of Cavs IV I have remaining for a pair of Taxi Elites. The simplicity of spending $168 (Cavs IV) out of my own pocker on a $270 shoe (Elites).

That's what "trade bait" means for the most part. It's a smart financial plan.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

Its a new school in here on Niketalk..  I remember waiting for Snuggles or EKIN to drop info and they always used to come through.  No teaser pics or BS like that either, just legitimate info.  I remember people trying to figure out who Snuggles and EKIN were lol
I really miss Snuggles and his initial pics of upcoming releases. It was because of his pics I got hyped over certain releases like the Fire Red Vs, Military IVs, and Grape Vs. In fact, I remember the Grape thread in 2006 had more hype than any shoe that had been released in previous years before it.
That's what I'm saying bro!!  Those were the days..  people actually used to look out for each other...  You didn't have dude on here lying about info and pick-ups.  Of course there were renegade cats on here, but for the most part, NT was the place to be.  Still is, in some ways.  I remember people thought EKIN was a girl and that Snuggles was actually 2 people using the same SN.  lol

Originally Posted by CatchnTDs

Originally Posted by air4life

You know what's funny?  People act as if being a reseller and a sneaker head are mutually exclusive.  Just take a look at everyone signature in this thread.  EVERYONE is selling shoes.  We are the problem.  
roll.gif

Come on bro a majority of us are selling to get rid of em for one reason or the other but some who are selling shoes in sigs doesn't make them the problem chill
You're misunderstanding me.  I don't see it as a problem at all.  I'm just saying we're being hypocritical by demonizing resellers when the majority of us have shoes for sale in our sigs.  Again, I have no problem with this.  At the end of the day, it's a shoe.  No one is putting a gun to anyone's head to purchase.  If you want it, buy it.  If you want it at the retail price, be willing to go out there with the animals and compete for a retail price.  Or, sit back, drink your coffee, and play secondary market roulette.  I have no problem with someone making money by flipping jordans.  If someone is crazy enough to purchase a shoe for 300+ dollars that retails for 160 because they NEED the shoe, you would be a fool NOT to take it. 

Just left the Honolulu HOH release and they had tons Of pairs of cavs. 60 + pairs and only had bout 10-12 pearls tho. Had to pass on cavs and got a couple pearls. Easy pass but almost everyone was getting cavs and there was about 110 heads out.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Its a new school in here on Niketalk..  I remember waiting for Snuggles or EKIN to drop info and they always used to come through.  No teaser pics or BS like that either, just legitimate info.  I remember people trying to figure out who Snuggles and EKIN were lol
I really miss Snuggles and his initial pics of upcoming releases. It was because of his pics I got hyped over certain releases like the Fire Red Vs, Military IVs, and Grape Vs. In fact, I remember the Grape thread in 2006 had more hype than any shoe that had been released in previous years before it.
That's what I'm saying bro!!  Those were the days..  people actually used to look out for each other...  You didn't have dude on here lying about info and pick-ups.  Of course there were renegade cats on here, but for the most part, NT was the place to be.  Still is, in some ways.  I remember people thought EKIN was a girl and that Snuggles was actually 2 people using the same SN.  lol
Yeah, times have really changed! If I can remember correctly, the only resellers that got major flack on here were 160jordansdeep and Flipjays. And I remember Snuggles not even getting boxes with his samples. He just got them in a plastic bag. But regardless, his photos were high quality.

Originally Posted by FreshJs 23

Sickest release yet this year ... Best new colorway by far in years if not ever (besides the OG colorways of course)

So true! It's one of the best releases in years and the quality of the shoe is great as well! So happy. My second IV's after the OG cements.

Originally Posted by DEpast

Originally Posted by HTXMade

Finishline shipped my pair
Are you selling a pair that hasn't arrived at your doorstep yet? Is that what we're doing nowadays?
i get it.. that way you can have your deals brokered so you get your money even before receving the shoe
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SerpentSun

Originally Posted by FreshJs 23

Sickest release yet this year ... Best new colorway by far in years if not ever (besides the OG colorways of course)

So true! It's one of the best releases in years and the quality of the shoe is great as well! So happy. My second IV's after the OG   99cements.

and sorry.....y'all new guys can do whatever....i just won't buy a pair of sneakers that i don't like only to sell for a profit that doesn't even double what you pay for....or buy a pair for trading it on what i pair i want later. hate on me all u want....

Originally Posted by dmenshunzz

haha, everyone of these threads has those "purists" that blame resellers, everyone else got excuses as to why the game has changed..

it's the system now, people gotta learn to accept it. if u don't like it then it's gonna be tough for you to adjust to the game.. just like politics .. err nvm we'll not get into that, people may get salty 

anyways, i just wanna see what fits everyone has going w/ these.. i know they're starting to roll in so where the pics at? i'll post mine up tomorrow once mine come in

you do realize that mindset is what leads to some of the worst moments in human history.  "all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.."  it always starts somewhere,  and to blatantly take advantage of another person who doesnt have the same "means" as you is a starting point...

laugh.gif
I must be a trend setter
nerd.gif
. So next time I miss out on a release, I'll gladly offer up a pair of my 4s in trade - essentially paying retail for them. Or maybe I'll go after a pair of metallic red foams I missed out on. The possibilities are endless
happy.gif

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

Originally Posted by dmenshunzz

you do realize that mindset is what leads to some of the worst moments in human history.  "all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.."  it always starts somewhere,  and to blatantly take advantage of another person who doesnt have the same "means" as you is a starting point...
You do realize we're talking about some damn kicks and not some apocalyptic %@@% right? Ease up on the proverbs and testimonials.

Back
Top Bottom