Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from my local mall and was pleasantly surprisedwith how well organized and well ran the purchasing process was by storeemployees. They handled this release extremely well and I commended them on myway out as I left with my pairs. I'm extremely happy, these are my grails.Congrats to everyone that was able to cop and for those that didn't, don't giveup I'm sure they'll be restocks. Now it's time for sleep.

Ended up with a 9, needed an 11.5..... Damn Nike....really though, I expect something like last night from eastbay,
but not YOU.

Its clear now: itll be like this for every big release from here on out.

My champs had six pairs. Me and my friends were 2-6 in line. Some of us didnt get the sizes we want. Employees snagged up all the crucial sizes. They said they only got 1 box(12 pairs). Some bs. Never going to find my 10.5

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Originally Posted by Franco23x

Some !#%!@ in Roosevelt field mall had atleast 20 pairs from champs....

30t6p3b.gif
 I hope he gets stuck with them
He went to the Broadway mall and tried to sell me a pair for $250 I walked away good thing that guy posted that offspring link or i'd be SOL

Originally Posted by illmatic34

The Champs I went to had 6 pairs. SIX. I don't know how JB could ship 6 pairs to a store when they know how high demand is. Absolutely inexcusable.
one word...employees.

No luck. Didn't work online, and waited for over an hour at the store this morning with like 15 people ahead of me and the store sold out. I could have got an 11 or 13, that's all that was left, to flip but I just decided to let someone else get their pair.

I think I'm done with Jordans and hyped up releases in general. I just spent an hour online last night with all the servers crashing and no luck. Got up and went this morning to the store and they must have only got 2 pairs of each size and maybe one pair in some others. They were only selling 1 pair per customer... So that's an hour last night and all together like 2 hours with travel time this morning to get nothing. 3 hours of my time to now only get a pair if I paid double the price. Not worth it to me.

Originally Posted by youngcurse

Also it was a nice touch with the black tissue like paper.

True, this paper to me is actually a higher grade, knowing Nike its mos tlikely cheaper.

Originally Posted by djaward

Just got back from Topanga mall in Woodland hills CA 818. Got to the mall at 4 am. A lot were in line but enough to wait. Security were Somewhat organize. People who snuck in got kicked out and

had to go to the back of the line. One guy got kicked out and tried to stay in front of the line. Security held him against the door while everyone was let in. We got in at 6 30 am. Footlocker

associate handed out numbers. 70 pairs total. Im a sz 10 but ended with the last pair of the store which is a sz 13. Was soooo bummed. This is the last time I camp out. I was luck enough to get

my 2 sz 10 from eastbay last night.
dang glad i didnt camp.
my boy went to northridge but then left to sherman oaks and came up empty handed

in the valley cats started lining up at 5 pm

Originally Posted by KixxRus

Originally Posted by flyHIGHjordan

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

It shoulda been considering you CAMPED for 6 hours 
roll.gif

smh its getting to the point where camping for 6 hours is considered an easy cop

the new sneaker head generation thinks its "cool" to "camp" aka WAIT IN LINE FOR RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF TIME... smh 
to those who laughing

I was the brother he was referring to and im glad I stood in line for 6 hours to be 1st in line cause when I got to the register I asked for my size 9 and the store manager said you lucky cause we only got 10 pairs total in mens! They had 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10, 11, 11, 13, 14

I sat there the whole time to make sure it wasnt no funny business and the store actually only got 10 pairs
eek.gif
(store manager is a true store manager! does EVERYTHING by the book and showed me proof they only got 10 pairs)

mind you this same store got 40 pair of Concords and all the other releases

the manager said "idk why they only sent 10 this time around"

END sent the "your order has been dispatched" email this morning
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Finna be coolinn for the rest of the weekend now. Im finally at ease

Originally Posted by dimez81

The Champs I went to had 6 pairs. SIX. I don't know how JB could ship 6 pairs to a store when they know how high demand is. Absolutely inexcusable.
one word...employees.
Manager told me that employees didn't buy any pairs and he called the district manager for a bigger shipment but didn't get his wish. Although I'm not sure if I believe him.

those two FL paypals are still pending. i went to the store this morning for the guy two places ahead of me to get the last one
frown.gif

But i don't know why Im complaining to you guys. I read the post before they let me post myself. You cant be a true nikehead if you are younger than 37 as you will so eloquently remind me.

I got to my mall at 8:30 for 10AM release. Champs had about 100 pairs, FNL and FTL each had about 50 I believe. Anyways, I brought my brother along and grabbed 2 pairs (the last 2 10.5's), about 70-75th in line. Was out of there around 9:55.

With my late NDC score last night, I have now walked away with 5 pairs. These might not be 99 quality, but it's hands down the best AJ4 release since 1999. The leather isn't even comparable to the Militarys and Mars. Time will only tell how it creases and whether it retains a natural or really sharp creasing structure, but it's definitely a firm leather as opposed to the paper thin stuff on past 4's. The shape is much better too. Pretty happy with this considering it's 2012.

My local Champs was on one this morning, fifth in line and all they had was one sz 8.

Originally Posted by dimez81

one word...employees.

Ditto, of the four retail stores in my local mall I speak frequently with the managers and employees of two. They tell me how many pairs they get, the allocation by size and what else is going on. All these mall stores talk to each other. They had a minimum of 36 pairs per store in my mall. But more like 50 on average. They let the employees buy these. Some are on hold for people. It's all about the integrity of the manager. Some manage their store well to business goals and value the customer others do not and don't care. Eventually they'll be gone.

Originally Posted by djaward

Just got back from Topanga mall in Woodland hills CA 818. Got to the mall at 4 am. A lot were in line but enough to wait. Security were Somewhat organize. People who snuck in got kicked out and

had to go to the back of the line. One guy got kicked out and tried to stay in front of the line. Security held him against the door while everyone was let in. We got in at 6 30 am. Footlocker

associate handed out numbers. 70 pairs total. Im a sz 10 but ended with the last pair of the store which is a sz 13. Was soooo bummed. This is the last time I camp out. I was luck enough to get

my 2 sz 10 from eastbay last night.
Was tempted to go there at 9 pm when I arrived at Northridge Mall, but I stuck around and got my size at Footlocker.  

LOVE how the bottom of the box has NIKE on it, but the shoes have a big ugly jumpman on BACK SMDH!!! can put it on the box but NOT the shoes!!!

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

LOVE how the bottom of the box has NIKE on it, but the shoes have a big ugly jumpman on BACK SMDH!!! can put it on the box but NOT the shoes!!!

The bottom of every Jordan box has Nike on it. This isn't some revelation, bro. Give up on the NA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom