Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by cedb713

Man, I hardly ever post on here,but I gotta say this...Some of the stuff y'all youngstas find to gripe about is just plain DUMB. Tech Grey or Cement Grey? Seriously,does it really matter seeing that most of y'all(myself included) are gonna cop 'em anyway??? C'mon,dawg...These are CLASSICS in every sense of the word,and no matter the "shade" of Grey, we should just appreciate the re-release,and enjoy them nevertheless. I swear,the more I read these posts,lets me know how much younger the game has got(I'll be 33 on the 17th,btw.) Smh.

As for me, I'm doubling up,no question! And IMMEDIATELY throwin' my "Nike Air" hang tags from my '99's on 'em
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
.This will be a great b-day gift to myself! Holla...Ced B.

you got it pretty twisted fam. Most of the people here who are commenting on the change in color/shape etc are the older guys who remember how the OG's and 99's were made better. Its the youngsters who dont care and are more than happy to cop the IV with all the defects of today. And while, personally, the color of grey is not a big deal to me and not a deal breaker, the fact that this shoe is made with so much inferior quality makes it pretty hard to consider a classic, its essentially a legit fake

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

FOR THE LAST TIME!!! THESE ARE TECH GREY, I held them in my hand at finishline and i thought of two words....COPPED TWICE! The grey is of course darker but not that dark in person they are still fire. But can someone please answer my question and help a brotha out....where can i pre-order these in a sz 13?
Originally Posted by ideezy1023

Midsole is def dyed....BTW these run a half size big I'm usually a 10.5 but a 10 fits perfect
from the locked thread:
Originally Posted by zapatohead408

yes, I have seen/tried these on. They are crap and a horrible retro. Leather feels cheap yet a little better than Mars/militarys. As for the midsole it appears to be painted with a thin coat of paint, not dyed. But I'm not all that great on the topic of dyed vs. painted midsoles. 
Where I saw the leather was real bad was on the tounge, leather felt stiff as hell and thin. They are also uncomfortable.

I'm passing on these, turrible.

edit: Also the box does say Cement Grey, not Tech grey.
are there two versions out there?!

can anyone who actually has these right now please take a pic of the box label and a well lit macro pic of the midsole surrounding the air unit?

Originally Posted by Franco23x

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Franco23x

Shut the $!%% up all you do is #++!# about not getting pairs.
Man up.

I don't understand why you want people to feel bad for you, go ask Air Randy for a pair 
mad.gif

i want someone to feel bad for me?

laugh.gif
It's quite obvious your trying to make people feel bad for you. All you do is @%**@ and complain in every thread and ask people for help.
Your weak 
laugh.gif
when did i ask for help? ok then

im saying if i miss out on retail ill be mad, im not going about paying reseller prices, we straight off that.

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

Man, I hardly ever post on here,but I gotta say this...Some of the stuff y'all youngstas find to gripe about is just plain DUMB. Tech Grey or Cement Grey? Seriously,does it really matter seeing that most of y'all(myself included) are gonna cop 'em anyway??? C'mon,dawg...These are CLASSICS in every sense of the word,and no matter the "shade" of Grey, we should just appreciate the re-release,and enjoy them nevertheless. I swear,the more I read these posts,lets me know how much younger the game has got(I'll be 33 on the 17th,btw.) Smh.

As for me, I'm doubling up,no question! And IMMEDIATELY throwin' my "Nike Air" hang tags from my '99's on 'em

you got it pretty twisted fam. Most of the people here who are commenting on the change in color/shape etc are the older guys who remember how the OG's and 99's were made better. Its the youngsters who dont care and are more than happy to cop the IV with all the defects of today. And while, personally, the color of grey is not a big deal to me and not a deal breaker, the fact that this shoe is made with so much inferior quality makes it pretty hard to consider a classic, its essentially a legit fake

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

So basically you are saying that I shouldn't have a color preference when it comes to purchasing a $160.00 pair of sneakers?
YOU'RE ENTITLED TO ANY PREFERENCE YOU LIKE,FAM. BUT SEEIN' THAT YOUR "PREFERENCE" WON'T CHANGE WHATEVER SHADE OF GREY WILL ULTIMATELY BE ON THE KICKS,MY THING IS,WHY TRIP?  YOU ALSO HAVE THIS PREFERENCE AS WELL: IF YOU'RE NOT FEELIN' 'EM,DON'T COP 'EM. JUST SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT. HOLLA...
CED B.

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

WELL, IF THAT'S THE CASE,THEN SHAME ON ALL THE OL' SCHOOL COLLECTORS AS WELL. BECAUSE ALL US OL' SCHOOLERS SHOULD ESPECIALLY KNOW THAT THE QUALITY WILL NEVER COMPARE TO THE OG'S(WHICH I OWNED BACK IN '89),NOR THE '99's(WHICH I ALSO OWN). JB HAS PURPOSELY MADE AN EFFORT TO DIFFERENTIATE THE OG'S FROM THE RETROS FOR THE LONGEST TIME NOW, SO THIS WHOLE "QUALITY IS NOT THE SAME" ISSUE SHOULD NOT PHASE OR COME TO A SURPRISE TO US O.G. COLLECTORS SUCH AS MYSELF. IT'S A SIMPLE "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT" SCENARIO,THAT'S ALL I'M SAYIN'. NO HARM INTENDED,YA FEEL ME? HOLLA...
CED B.

cedb713 wrote:
WELL, IF THAT'S THE CASE,THEN SAHME ON ALL THE OL' SCHOOL COLLECTORS AS WELL. BECAUSE ALL US OL' SCHOOLERS SHOULD ESPECIALLY KNOW THAT THE QUALITY WILL NEVER COMPARE TO THE OG'S(WHICH I OWNED BACK IN '89),NOR THE '99's(WHICH I ALSO OWN). JB HAS PURPOSELY MADE AN EFFORT TO DIFFERENTIATE THE OG'S FROM THE RETROS FOR THE LONGEST TIME NOW, SO THIS WHOLE "QUALITY IS NOT THE SAME" ISSUE SHOULD NOT PHASE OR COME TO A SURPRISE TO US O.G. COLLECTORS SUCH AS MYSELF. IT'S A SIMPLE "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT" SCENARIO,THAT'S ALL I'M SAYIN'. NO HARM INTENDED,YA FEEL ME? HOLLA...
CED B.

I feel ya. I know its a take or leave it world. And I will be trying to cop these even with the changes etc. Its just that, for me personally, its very disappointing to see a shoe that used to be a Ferrari getting released as a Kia with some dented Ferrari body-kit thrown on. This might be the only option, but it doesnt make me any less frustrated. So in that sense it does phase me.
OG Jordans represented the pinnacle of basketball shoes, so to me its inexcusable that JB releases these low quality bootlegs. Paying $100+ for J's when I was a youngin back in the early 90's was a FORTUNE. So as a grown man I would easily pay $200-$250 for a high-quality retro, I just want to see that good material, good construction return.

Imma still be there in the line with you, I just wont be as happy as I used to be

Same exact leather as cdp v's you guys will def be impressed to say the least IMO If the leather that was used on the Chicago was used that would make them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ideezy1023

Same exact leather as cdp v's you guys will def be impressed to say the least IMO If the leather that was used on the Chicago was used that would make them
pimp.gif

I never got CDP V's. Your saying these IV's are made with good leather? If youve handled the shoes can you get us some good pics?

Will be waiting to order at midnight, then class in the AM....to go sleep in the class lol.

Wow. I didn't know the last white cement thread was locked. I kept refreshing it and was like "why isn't there any new post" lol. So late. can't wait!

These have BETTER quality than the Mars & Militaries. Just don't compare them to your 99's and you'll be satisfied.

Originally Posted by ijapino

oh yea pino can you clarify why they still say "Tech grey" on ndcs site

No idea...I think they tried to get fancy and call them something it was never meant to be. The "tech" name just never stuck so they probably decided to just change it to cement again.

Also, for those that were having a panic attack...I edited the title of the post to the correct date. It's the 18th for sure.

they dont update their site like they update the twitter
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom