Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dts939

for all of you saying prices are gonna drop:
look at the black cement 3s, those have not dropped that much
and these are much more desirable. lets just hope there is a restock

You could find black cement 3s for about 220 shipped. Which isn't even 50$ more than most people paid with retail + tax

Originally Posted by af1 1982

I beg to differ. You'll be surprised out how many people have been waiting for these shoes. Especially now that it's so hard to find a wearable pair of the 99s in good condition, this is the next best option. And the quality is on point imo with this one. Stiff leather, no defects or glue stains on my pairs. good shape.
HUH?

Most major retailers like HOH will most likely get a restock..... My local HOH got a restock for the Chicago X's and the Concord's XI.

Stores in the Dallas area still had sizes as of 12noon today.
Plenty to go around depending on where u live.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Some of you never learn and definitely don't listen.
30t6p3b.gif

only reason your pre release comments have any weight now post release........
-TAX TIME 

-TAX TIME

-RESELLERS LIKE YOUR SELF GRABBING AS MANY AS POSSIBLE(LIKE THAT PIC I QUOTED EARLIER TODAY
30t6p3b.gif
)

-TWITTER

_NDC ONLINE FIASCO 
CO-SIGN. these were not limited by any means. My mall alone got around 250 pairs and had around 275 people so almost everyone got a pair. Of course some people miss out no matter what the release is. but its clowns like GTBS that are ruining the game. I swear 50% of the shoes sold today are on craigslist.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by Redrum

and I remember last year when the white cement III dropped, walked in the mall round noon and copped my size with ease, no hassle,
with these IV's lines at every store, smh.

January vs February - huge difference in sneaker terms.  

January is the slowest month of the year in retail because of the post-Christmas lull.

February begins the bounce back, especially strong in urban/low income areas, because of tax refunds (and more accurately refund anticipation loans).  Ask anyone working at a shoe store how many green/black H&R Block cards they've seen this month.

Still though, 3-4 weeks doesn't change how badly people want a shoe. WC3s were restocked in men's sizes throughout most of feb and into March. I remember being asked in March if I wanted another pair of them because my Champs got a restock again. They just didn't sell that well.Let's be real, the WC3's and even the CG 11s set off a huge year that is continuing with even more sought after releases this year. The hype for Jordan retros has hit an all-time high. There's no denying it.
Well the same can be said about the VIs in Jan. '10 then as far as being slow sellers.  But it is more of what you are saying as far as hype.  Only thing is it's across the board at Nike.  Jordans selling out every week, everybody & their grandma suddenly is an OG Foam head, even Huarache Frees are resell bait.

It's like I said in a Nike Retro post, why do you all expect demand to suddenly go down or even remain flat?  True sneakerheads don't die.  Reselling is an actual profession now.  Teens have always been and will always be brand sheep.  So when you got three generations worth of customers checking for the product, of course the demand is gonna be sky high, evidenced by non-XI GR campouts with 13 year olds in line behind guys that are 40.

I've only paid retail only a handful of times over the past 6 years and I've promised myself to never pay over MSRP.  I love me some sneakers but at the end of the day, THEY'RE JUST SHOES. It ain't that serious... 

Originally Posted by poosht

Man I miss the days when you didn't have to wait in line or wait for a countdown clock to order shoes...

Back in 99, walked into footlocker after work, picked up my pair of the bred 4's and the same with the cements...

Or the days when you can pre-order from Eastbay....

I'm old for this but its hard to break when you love sneakers so much...

Is there a sneakerhead anonymous number?

i feel ya man, mid- to late 90s to early 2000s was easy coppin

Way too old to be lining up with these grade schoolers, but this damn shoe was a must buy.

Next up, Playoff 12's.
es2a38.jpg

Man, I told myself it wasn't a big deal that I couldn't snag a pair...but after seeing all these pictures I am blown haha

People are complaining about the hype and "difficulty" getting these. But lets be honest, making us a sweat a little for every big release adds to the excitement. And when you finally get your pair after a hard fought battle the excitement sets in a little more.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Resell prices aren't really that high though...

Once everyone gets their pairs in from NDC and BeastBay and the market becomes flooded prices will drop dramatically watch.

Add to that the beast that will be the Galaxy Foams which will carry the highest resale price of any shoe ever before... these White/Cements will be old news.

Everyone just hold tight and wait for prices to level out and then bite.

If you guys give into the reseller prices it will only encourage them to do it more and more, but if they see they will make very little to no profit at all it will deter them from future releases.

The Internet is going to probably shut down next weekend once those Foams drop.

Seeing pics of heads camping and lined up already... straight disgusting wow... but to each their own... do you!

This never fails. Especially for a damn GR! All these new guys have no patience though. Stuff is only worth as much as someone's willing to pay for it. 

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i saw dudes on craigslist wanting over $300

thats too much
i just got off the phone with a guy who had some on CL for $325 in my size, i offered $215 pickup, and he said he saw them selling for $300 online so he won't go below that, i said thanks and hung up
2fa26f62d5803c793da2847474432e8a18996b6b.gif
2fa26f62d5803c793da2847474432e8a18996b6b.gif
. looks like a lot of us will just have to wait for prices to come down a bit.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Way too old to be lining up with these grade schoolers, but this damn shoe was a must buy.

Next up, Playoff 12's.
yep.......

still got my '04 playoffs DS but i might scoop up another pair. these shouldn't be too hard to cop

Got my pair at Footlocker at the Galleria in Houston. They had so many pairs might still have some leftover

I don't really comment on here anymore but damn that sucks for the people who didn't get them and have to go through re-sellers.  I woke up late and was scared I wasn't going to get my size. Footlocker opened at 6 and I didn't get there until 8 and walked in and walked out with my size no problem.  The guy at footlocker said they had more than enough pair to go around.  I did see some guy and his friends stocking up the back of a mini van smh.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i saw dudes on craigslist wanting over $300

thats too much

Dudes around my way want $350 for Flint 13's, as for my story.....I called the mall's shoe stores and basically the only thing left was size 7.5-8 but at one store the chick said they had a 10, I wear a 9.5 but this is close enough, luckily my gym is down the street from the mall, I finally get there and the rest is history....

Something about these doesn't look right to me 
ohwell.gif
 Tried em on and they didn't look right for some reason. Still gonna keep em though. I just wish they would have made them look exactly like the 99's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom