Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Mine are out for delivery right now. The anticipation is killing me. I feel like getting a lawn chair and camping out in front of my house, lol.
roll.gif

Finally got my son a pair, he was giving me hell for a pair since I got mine...every sneaker I buy he expects a pair for him also...its my fault, I've spoiled him into thinking that way because I usually do get him what I buy for myself but its not so simple nowadays with websites crashing, its hard enough to add one size to a cart and successfully complete a purchase, to try a second size is pushing it...

Originally Posted by jamazing

Originally Posted by SWADE23

Originally Posted by spizike231

He was probably shaking his head at your last statement about you wishing that JB made all of their kicks like this.. I know I shook my head at it.
30t6p3b.gif

The quality on these wasn't bad, but come on people these are nowhere near what we should be getting at these prices.
eyes.gif

I HEAR YA... APPARENTLY QUALITY IS A RELATIVE TERM... I MEAN THEY ARE 160 BUCK JORDANS, NOT 3-400 DOLLAR GUCCI KICKS... IMO THESE PARTICULAR SHOES ARE MONEY WELL SPENT... AS OPPOSED TO THE RECENT BLACK CEMENT 3'S OR THE WHITE 9'S FROM 05 OR THE WHITE 8'S BACK IN 2000-WHATEVER WHICH CREASED COMING OUT OF THE BOX...

It doesn't crease because the leather is stiff and is poor quality. Better shoes with quality leather will crease with wear. I'm not saying I disliked the shoes, I liked them a lot, but these are not quality. Quality is a relative term. Quality compared to the CDP bred IV? Regarding the midsole, better.
Not to chime in on you guy's deep conversation about quality, but a lot of people are talking about cheap leather on the 2012's, but these same people usually (9 times out of 10) don't own the '99's and didn't have the '89 (I do and did). One thing that people don't know or have failed to mention is the fact that both the OG's and the '99's weren't even leather. The previous release were made from synthetic leather. If you have the '99's pull your pair out and see. You will notice that you don't see suede on the backside of your (supposedly) leather, but rather an cloth like material. You most likely can't tell by now if your pair is in very used condition, but if you have DS pair left over like I do, you can see what I'm talking about. Leather is always on the opposite side of suede and vice verse for suede. The 2012 version is the first version that real leather was used.

I know this and have experience this back in '89-'90 (my freshman year of H.S.) when I wore my Fire Red's and White Cements to the ground. I wore them so much that I could see the soft cloth like material coming from underneath the big toe portion of my toe box. Believe me, the white squeeze bottle shoe polish (Kiwi) of that time, couldn't make that dirty grey threading white again. It just made it look like grey cloth with a horrible white paint job on it. Lol! Don't laugh, I wasn't the only kid who made 2 pairs of shoes a year last.

I wouldn't have cared if these were the same synthetic leather or this real leather, because I've already experience all of the releases, plus I still have one last pair in the vault. I'm not going to even get into how mad I got after the first wear of the OG's & '99's, but lets just say that these 2012's are holding up better then my first wear of the OG's & '99's. We are all entitled to our opinions about the differences (Shape, height, netting, color and etc.) of the 2012 vs. the previous versions, but it's not going to change your mind nor more than it's going to change mine. In my experienced opinion,  these 2012's are holding up very nice. I could care less if the leather is cheap or not, because this leather is holding up better than the synthetic leather of yesterday. Well, they're holding up well at this point and time. Only time will tell me, which leather (synthetic or real) was better. Until then...
pimp.gif

The only 4's I can compare these to are the Pure IV's I had back in the day (6 years ago?)
I like the leather on these more because they don't crease as badly. Sue me

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

How quick is the shipping from SNS?

Shipping is about a week.  Shipped out last monday and will be delivered this coming monday the 26th! Can't wait
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sincere

I HEAR YA... APPARENTLY QUALITY IS A RELATIVE TERM... I MEAN THEY ARE 160 BUCK JORDANS, NOT 3-400 DOLLAR GUCCI KICKS... IMO THESE PARTICULAR SHOES ARE MONEY WELL SPENT... AS OPPOSED TO THE RECENT BLACK CEMENT 3'S OR THE WHITE 9'S FROM 05 OR THE WHITE 8'S BACK IN 2000-WHATEVER WHICH CREASED COMING OUT OF THE BOX...

It doesn't crease because the leather is stiff and is poor quality. Better shoes with quality leather will crease with wear. I'm not saying I disliked the shoes, I liked them a lot, but these are not quality. Quality is a relative term. Quality compared to the CDP bred IV? Regarding the midsole, better.
Not to chime in on you guy's deep conversation about quality, but a lot of people are talking about cheap leather on the 2012's, but these same people usually (9 times out of 10) don't own the '99's and didn't have the '89 (I do and did). One thing that people don't know or have failed to mention is the fact that both the OG's and the '99's weren't even leather. The previous release were made from synthetic leather. If you have the '99's pull your pair out and see. You will notice that you don't see suede on the backside of your (supposedly) leather, but rather an cloth like material. You most likely can't tell by now if your pair is in very used condition, but if you have DS pair left over like I do, you can see what I'm talking about. Leather is always on the opposite side of suede and vice verse for suede. The 2012 version is the first version that real leather was used.

I know this and have experience this back in '89-'90 (my freshman year of H.S.) when I wore my Fire Red's and White Cements to the ground. I wore them so much that I could see the soft cloth like material coming from underneath the big toe portion of my toe box. Believe me, the white squeeze bottle shoe polish (Kiwi) of that time, couldn't make that dirty grey threading white again. It just made it look like grey cloth with a horrible white paint job on it. Lol! Don't laugh, I wasn't the only kid who made 2 pairs of shoes a year last.

I wouldn't have cared if these were the same synthetic leather or this real leather, because I've already experience all of the releases, plus I still have one last pair in the vault. I'm not going to even get into how mad I got after the first wear of the OG's & '99's, but lets just say that these 2012's are holding up better then my first wear of the OG's & '99's. We are all entitled to our opinions about the differences (Shape, height, netting, color and etc.) of the 2012 vs. the previous versions, but it's not going to change your mind nor more than it's going to change mine. In my experienced opinion,  these 2012's are holding up very nice. I could care less if the leather is cheap or not, because this leather is holding up better than the synthetic leather of yesterday. Well, they're holding up well at this point and time. Only time will tell me, which leather (synthetic or real) was better. Until then...
pimp.gif

hhhmmmm, interesting...
nerd.gif

it's nice to hear someone's perspective old enough to have been around for both of the previous retro's and able to actually give an educated opinion on them all...

JB has it's problems, like the paint cracking on 3's and 8's, and they have pushed out some crap quality stuff, but i think sometimes people are too quick to assume everything they put out is garbage, and don't actually know enough about materials to know what they're actually talking about.

i started to realize this with the material they recently started using in place of durabuck, like on the infrared 6's and black/metallic 5's... while i agree the durabuck looks better (collects less dust, stays one consistent color, instead of looking shiny and brushed in different directions, etc, although it does fade to grey more), i called nike and asked them about that material, cuz everyone was calling it suede, but according to nike it's actually nubuck, and they consider it a better material than durabuck. ninjahood tried to convince me that the durabuck is easier to clean off, but i had no problems cleaning off the new nubuck material they're using.

i just don't think nike and JB is always trying to use cheaper materials and hike the price up, sometimes they actually are trying to use better materials to fight against creasing, etc. like the last couple 13's to come out, the flints, the playoff's, that leather they're using now creases a lot less than my OG 13's...

Originally Posted by mattwhite2385

Originally Posted by spizike231

He was probably shaking his head at your last statement about you wishing that JB made all of their kicks like this.. I know I shook my head at it.
30t6p3b.gif

The quality on these wasn't bad, but come on people these are nowhere near what we should be getting at these prices.
eyes.gif

they are probably making it with crappy letaher bc all the "sneaker heads" dont want their kicks creasing... JB is listening and making more money off of ppl that dont know what they are talking about or waht they really want lol
roll.gif

You're giving JB/Nike too much credit. They don't care about sneakerheads complaining, they care about their bottom line and shareholders.

I got two pairs of these cements but I have one complaint thats completely irrelevant to the shoe itself. I was the 6th person in line at my local footlocker and was forced to buy a size 12 (even tho im a size 9.5) because the footlocker workers claimed that they only had that size left. I know someone who works at that store and they told me that employees were holding a couple pairs. Apparently his boss was holding the size 9.5 for a party promoter in exchange for cash+free admission to parties. I hate that this is the case. I was out there waiting in line for hellas and I couldn't even get a pair in my size even tho there was only one person in front of me with my same size. I bought the size 12 hoping to exchange it for a size 9.5 but I also bought a size 8.5 from DTLR that I was able to trade for a size 9.5 via craigslist but now I'm stuck with the size 12. I think I'm gonna end up trading the size 12 for the stealths coming out tomorrow. I know that this is a really bad trade for me but I'd rather have sneakers I can actually wear than sit on shoes that are 3 sizes too big. Sucks I couldn't get more for these after everything I went through to get my pair smh!!!

Damm that sucks, you should of went to a major footlocker you would of had better luck. From my knowledge local footlockers get a small stock of js especially popular releases depending on the area.

my sns order finally came today. came with stickers, poster and a necklace. everything looks great,except for the heel tabs are aliltle off tho. i might flip it or wear it as beaters. smh jordan brand.

I dont see anything wrong with your pair bro! Keep them! All pairs I've seen don't have same exact cement pattern, it's normal

Originally Posted by southwesthouston

I dont see anything wrong with your pair bro! Keep them! All pairs I've seen don't have same exact cement pattern, it's normal

its the heeltabs bro, their both off. ill take some pics later. anyway nobody will notice it when its on my feet lol, i might keep it.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by sincere

pimp.gif

hhhmmmm, interesting...
nerd.gif

it's nice to hear someone's perspective old enough to have been around for both of the previous retro's and able to actually give an educated opinion on them all...
Yeah, I just wanted to bring the whole leather issue into an honest perspective, since the OG's & '99's weren't leather at all, but rather a form of synthetic leather. I think that the people really needed to know this fact of the material used before 2012, because this fact has been widely overlooked and/or ignored. Thanks and I appreciate the positivity.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YANO

my sns order finally came today. came with stickers, poster and a necklace. everything looks great,except for the heel tabs are aliltle off tho. i might flip it or wear it as beaters. smh jordan brand.

Those pics got me looking forward to next Wednesday.....Cant Wait!....The heel tabs look alright to me but Ill wait for those updated pics to see what your talking about......

Like one is taller than the other ? One pair of 3s I got last year is like that but can't really notice so I kept them

no, how do i say this lol, the tab is facing to the outside of the shoe? heres the pics.

are these available anywhere still??? how much they going for on the auction site??? thanks guys!!

I see what you mean about your tabs but that's not an major defect keep them bro you'll regret selling.them.later

Originally Posted by YANO

its the heeltabs bro, their both off. ill take some pics later. anyway nobody will notice it when its on my feet lol, i might keep it.
ohwell.gif

I'll buy these abnormal 4's off you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom