Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

How comfortable are those sneakershields/forcefields while wearing shoes?

Really depends on the shoe. I wouldn't recommend using them on 1's and 12's for sure, you can really feel them in there.

The universals are great for nubuck J's and the protector for the leather J's like the 13's that really crease the most.

The alternative would be force fields, but the only thing I hate about force fields is that the adhesive wears off fast.

Never understood da force field hoopla...buy ur kicks to da toes & they wont crease.

Didn't understand it either, until I tried it and found that these would save me from ever doubling up on the same shoe.
Keeps the shoe looking like they just came out of the show room.

Last edited:
Really depends on the shoe. I wouldn't recommend using them on 1's and 12's for sure, you can really feel them in there.
The universals are great for nubuck J's and the protector for the leather J's like the 13's that really crease the most.
The alternative would be force fields, but the only thing I hate about force fields is that the adhesive wears off fast.
Thanks for the input bro

Thanks for the input bro

btw, to those who ordered from ndc, did any of you get a shipment notification? 
nerd.gif

How comfortable are those sneakershields/forcefields while wearing shoes?

Never understood da force field hoopla...buy ur kicks to da toes & they wont crease.

Didn't understand it either, until I tried it and found that these would save me from ever doubling up on the same shoe.
Keeps the shoe looking like they just came out of the show room.[
/B]

BINGO. YOU PUT THE CROCODILES TOOTH IN THE BOX WITH THAT ONE.

EVER SINCE I STARTED USING THEM ALL MY SHOES LOOK DEADSTOCK AFTER MANY WEARS. NO NEED FOR ME TO DOUBLE UP ANYMORE.

Any words of re-stock in NYC? Where and when? DM if u wanna keep it private.

Im still disgusted by how easily accessible this site has become :smh:

If you're going to use sneakershields, then you should take out the insole first before placing them in the shoe. It makes a huge difference in comfort. I have a feeling the people complaining about comfort or the sneakershields moving around in the shoe are merely just placing them on top of the insole. Going up half a size helps as well, but isn't necessary if you place them in your shoes correctly.

I cosign force fields as well. I've been using them for about 4 years now and before then I didn't wanna wear my J's because they would crease. Then I tried them out and all my kicks barely have any creases at all. The only way you can tell that they're not DS is if you look at the bottom of my shoe. This also holds true for my playoff 13's. I've been keeping up with the AJ Bred 13 thread and I've noticed people in there talking about how 13's crease badly, not with force fields! Side-note though, I cut the sides of my force fields with scissors because I have wide feet and letting it be gives me a lot of pain. However, I don't think it really makes a different because all my kicks still look great. I also recommend going up a .5 bigger if you do decided to wear force fields. I wear 11.5 when I hoop, but all my shoes for casual wear are a 12 plus a force field and I also wear two pairs of socks for extra comfort. I got it down to a science fam. We drop a lot of money into our hobbies of collecting J's, might as well maintain them and not worry about doubling up. If you guys are skeptical about force fields cop one at FL or Champs and try them for yourselves. I don't use the sticky adhesive thing either though, I just place them in the shoe and then put my foot in. After a few wears the force field basically adapts to your foot and it just stays up.

Is there a possibility when the Nike rep lady said they'd drop down the line with Nike Air she was talking about the Black Toes? Since they are almost identical.

I cosign force fields as well. I've been using them for about 4 years now and before then I didn't wanna wear my J's because they would crease. Then I tried them out and all my kicks barely have any creases at all. The only way you can tell that they're not DS is if you look at the bottom of my shoe. This also holds true for my playoff 13's. I've been keeping up with the AJ Bred 13 thread and I've noticed people in there talking about how 13's crease badly, not with force fields! Side-note though, I cut the sides of my force fields with scissors because I have wide feet and letting it be gives me a lot of pain. However, I don't think it really makes a different because all my kicks still look great. I also recommend going up a .5 bigger if you do decided to wear force fields. I wear 11.5 when I hoop, but all my shoes for casual wear are a 12 plus a force field and I also wear two pairs of socks for extra comfort. I got it down to a science fam. We drop a lot of money into our hobbies of collecting J's, might as well maintain them and not worry about doubling up. If you guys are skeptical about force fields cop one at FL or Champs and try them for yourselves. I don't use the sticky adhesive thing either though, I just place them in the shoe and then put my foot in. After a few wears the force field basically adapts to your foot and it just stays up.
Exactly. It takes some trial and error to figure out what best suits you and your feet. I think all the hate stems from people that used it for a short period of time and quickly wrote it off without really experimenting with it. I couldn't care less about what another man does with their shoes, so go ahead with that mentality that shoes are meant to crease. It definitely prevents you from worrying about your shoes and you can walk freely, but I'm just really OCD about my things.. especially if they cost ~$200
tongue.gif

Is there a possibility when the Nike rep lady said they'd drop down the line with Nike Air she was talking about the Black Toes? Since they are almost identical.

That what I was thinking but didnt she also say that these were "rush"? Btw, When are the black toes suppose to release?

^ TTS

That what I was thinking but didnt she also say that these were "rush"? Btw, When are the black toes suppose to release?

April

Nice touch w the Jordan tag. They should've added this since they're in a OG box.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom