Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

air-jordan-1-bulls-2013-06.jpg

air-jordan-1-bulls-2013-05.jpg

air-jordan-1-bulls-2013-04.jpg

air-jordan-1-bulls-2013-03.jpg

air-jordan-1-bulls-2013-01.jpg

air-jordan-1-bulls-2013-02.jpg

:x...OMG, they look HORRIBLE! Not ever copping a product like this. No way, no how. Also, what's up with the deformed Jumpman on the back.

I'll get em if i don't have to wait in a line for 2 hours...smh at the shoe game these days

naw man, the heel isnt that bad. on the tongue, i swear it almost makes them look like fakes or something. just weird..
The originals never had a logo to begin with on the heel.  It was blank.  Adding a Jumpman to the heel is a far more significant change to the overall design of the shoe, as compared to just changing an already existing Nike Air logo on the tongue to a Jumpman.  If anything made the shoes look fake, in my opinion, it would have to be putting that Jumpman logo on the heel.  

naw man, the heel isnt that bad. on the tongue, i swear it almost makes them look like fakes or something. just weird..
The originals never had a logo to begin with on the heel.  It was blank.  Adding a Jumpman to the heel is a far more significant change to the overall design of the shoe, as compared to just changing an already existing Nike Air logo on the tongue to a Jumpman.  If anything made the shoes look fake, in my opinion, it would have to be putting that Jumpman logo on the heel.  
Exactly.

If it were just the tongue you can find a tag and do a swap and they'd look as close to OGs as a present day retro can.

Eh, no sense in arguing or wishing these were true to the OG. I consider ourselves lucky we're getting even these. I've been waiting a VERY long time with hopes they'd retro these and now they're here. Those patent leather versions years back don't count.

Eh, no sense in arguing or wishing these were true to the OG. I consider ourselves lucky we're getting even these. I've been waiting a VERY long time with hopes they'd retro these and now they're here. Those patent leather versions years back don't count.

Yeah these were the first wave of retroes and they haven't been retroed since. Almost 18 years. The Jumpmans can be fixed.

I was thinking the other day, if someone could unstitch that jumpman off of the heel, and fill it with something. Like sugru. With the right amount of time it could look good. Just a thought

The tongue tag on the other hand if you were to put on a new tag from another shoe that's an easy fix.

Lucky to purchase a shoe that we're not satisfied with? Nah, that's the cause of the problem. Most buyers make it seem like we need to be thankful that JB releases certain shoes even if they butcher them. As consumers we need to learn to be pickier and pass on purchases if they don't meet our standards.

They drop these without Nike air now so that in 2-3 years they can drop with Nike air and people will still feel compelled to buy them.  Ingenious marketing over at Nike.

SADLY GONNA HAVE TO PASS ON THESE. TOO MUCH A SLAP IN THE FACE FOR THE ROYAL BLUES TO BE TRUE TO FORM BUT THE OG OF ALL OG'S NOT TO BE. THE SETUP FOR THE NEXT RELEASE OF THESE IS FLAWLESS THOUGH. PRETTY FOOLISH IF YOU DON'T SEE IT COMING.

THEY GOT ME WITH THE INFRARED PACK/VARSITY RED 6'S. NOT FALLING FOR IT AGAIN. WILL WAIT FOR THE NEXT RETRO.

This thread is busier than the royals thread. (Good) but I might as well ask here, since I haven't got an answer anywhere else

Since the royals are limited, will they come out in gs sizes?

Back
Top Bottom