Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by scoop99

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by NyDunkhead

Pleaseeeeee be like the 2002 version I hated the ones in the pack because they had the gray I loved the all black ones!

I think u must be kidding. Because the 2002 black/redsHad the ugly shiny outsole toe tip like the frenchbluesThat came out together. And the cutting was tooMuch materials causing a deformed look whenU have flat foot.The 2006 VII retros looked better in shape and The outsole toe tip were made full like on theOgs. Also all 2002 retros had the new semi round laces,While all 2006 and recent retros have the originalFlat laces. Also, the purple used on the 2002 retros was set waytoo bright.
He is not kidding because he compared the 2002 pair to the DMP 7 pack which came out in 2009. IMO, the ones in the pack were trash. The DMP 7's in the black/red/charcoal colorway were horrible, JB trying to make them look like the OG's that faded over time, that pack flopped IMO. They were on sale for less than $200 around my way which is Long Island, NY and I still did not consider copping. Please re-read the bolded part of his statement and you will know what he is talking about. 

Haha so true that pack was a flop. I live on LI too and I couldve gotten them for $200 at the smith haven mall in my size but I passed because I hated that shoe. Looking back I should've copped for th orlandos and flipped the raptors but oh we'll no biggie!

How will these sell? I couldn't move my pair and it constantly listed as way underprice. I decided to just keep them just because they look that good.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

How will these sell? I couldn't move my pair and it constantly listed as way underprice. I decided to just keep them just because they look that good.
raptors sell slow and steady.

I would LOVE to see comparison shots of the OGs with the 2002s and the DMPs. Or at least the last 2 side by side...

Anyone?

Originally Posted by NyDunkhead

Pleaseeeeee be like the 2002 version I hated the ones in the pack because they had the gray I loved the all black ones!

I think u must be kidding. Because the 2002 black/redsHad the ugly shiny outsole toe tip like the frenchbluesThat came out together. And the cutting was tooMuch materials causing a deformed look whenU have flat foot.The 2006 VII retros looked better in shape and The outsole toe tip were made full like on theOgs. Also all 2002 retros had the new semi round laces,While all 2006 and recent retros have the originalFlat laces. Also, the purple used on the 2002 retros was set waytoo bright.
He is not kidding because he compared the 2002 pair to the DMP 7 pack which came out in 2009. IMO, the ones in the pack were trash. The DMP 7's in the black/red/charcoal colorway were horrible, JB trying to make them look like the OG's that faded over time, that pack flopped IMO. They were on sale for less than $200 around my way which is Long Island, NY and I still did not consider copping. Please re-read the bolded part of his statement and you will know what he is talking about. 
Yeah, i know. I just wanted to hint that the 2002 were not on point at all too. The purple was much brighter than the purple on the OGs (rather like dark concord).
And i really disliked the shiny polished outsole tip at the toe because none of the OGs or 2006 retros had that.

The 2002 strangely had the new semi-round laces while all 2006 retros had the classic flat laces.

So i want the 2012 retro done better than the 2002. If the kind of craftmanship is same like the 2011 Cardinals and Bordeaux, i'm already very satisfied.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

The DMP and CDP releases seem to throw a lot of people off on how widely or often a retro has truly appeared, especially in the case of shoes like the DMP XI or VII. No one is *****ing about getting a true concord release are they? Seems like the same thing to me.

But are you serious JB?! 2012 has must have purchases for me EVERY month, if not every other week. I've got the money, but I never imagined they would release such a string of shoes... pretty much starting on Black Friday and continuing for an entire year. And for the record, 2011 has been pretty damn good too: WC3's, Playoff XIII's, Bordeauxs, Wolf Gray Vs, YOTR VII, TB3's, Cardinal VIIs, Banned 1's, BC3's, Last Shot XIVs, Concord XI's. I mean that's about a dozen solid releases right there, and it looks like there's going to be twice as many in 2012!!!

All of the 4's (White Cement, Black Cement (CONFIRMED?), Military Blues, Fire Reds(CONFIRMED?))
Most of the 12's (Taxis, Playoffs, Obsidians, Cool Greys)
X's (Chicagos and those new Royal Blue joints... probably more coming, hopefully STEEL)
Olympic VI's! (PASS UNLESS LEATHER AND TRUE TO LAST RETRO)
XI patent lows (GARBAGE)
XI Columbias
XIV White/Reds
VII Charcoals

I mean right there is 15 must haves for me, and we haven't even learned about any limited edition or quickstrikes that are surely going to be in the mix (BINs? DBs, some kind of pack?) (COPPED ONLY FOR RE-SELL)
FIXED. 

I FEEL FOR YOU MAN, GONNA BE TOUGH FOR YOU NEXT YEAR.

GONNA BE EASY FOR ME NEXT YEAR. JORDAN BRAND IS STARTING TO LOSE THEIR GRIP ON ME.

Yeah, i know. I just wanted to hint that the 2002 were not on point at all too. The purple was much brighter than the purple on the OGs (rather like dark concord).
And i really disliked the shiny polished outsole tip at the toe because none of the OGs or 2006 retros had that.

The 2002 strangely had the new semi-round laces while all 2006 retros had the classic flat laces.

So i want the 2012 retro done better than the 2002. If the kind of craftmanship is same like the 2011 Cardinals and Bordeaux, i'm already very satisfied.
My bad, I did not mean to come at you in that manner. For all this time I did not even noticed how different the laces of the OG's, 2002, 2006 and 2011 pairs are until you mentioned. I need to compare my 2002 Black/Red/Charcoals, 2006 Cardinals and 2011 Bordeaux this for myself.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

WHAT THE HELL? JUST RELEASED 2 YEARS AGO.

WHERE ARE COLLEGE BLUE 17S, LIGHTNING 17S, NAVY BLUE 16S, OG 1'S, BLK/BLUE 1'S, CHROME 8'S, BLK/SILVER 2'S, ETC.

EITHER MODERN NOTERIETY OR JORDAN BRAND IS TROLLING US.
Those weren't even the same as the ones from 2002 IMO.  Different shoe to me. 
I agree with all the rest, we need some 17's badly. 

WE NEED 17'S
From a manufacturing point of view, it is highly possible that the XVI onwards cost too much to retro. Whereas Vs, VIIs and XIIs might be on the lower end that's why they come out every year and a half.

The XVIIs in the CDP were terrible and they had a 'Peel Off' sticker when the part being protected was just regular plastic (non-chrome) unlike the OGs. Might be better off to skip on some retros and save up for OG XVIIs. 

My bad, I did not mean to come at you in that manner. For all this time I did not even noticed how different the laces of the OG's, 2002, 2006 and 2011 pairs are until you mentioned. I need to compare my 2002 Black/Red/Charcoals, 2006 Cardinals and 2011 Bordeaux this for myself.
nerd.gif

Nah, it's all OK dude, i think we just misinterpreted each other's original postings 
happy.gif

About the laces:

1992 OG's had very standard flat Nike laces.

2002 retros had semi-rounded laces with metal tip (Jumpman encarving).

2006 and 2011 retros had standard flat laces with plastic tip (Jumpman encarving).

Originally Posted by raptors29

Since when were these nicknamed Charcoals though?
Good question, for me they are the Black/Reds or Playoffs VII

I loved how you didn't use "Raptor VII".  One of the worst handles ever.  The Raptors weren't even born when the VII's originally dropped.

'Charcoal' is actually labeled on the 02 box as the color. But like he said above, I call them blk/red or Playoff 7's.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

'Charcoal' is actually labeled on the 02 box as the color. But like he said above, I call them blk/red or Playoff 7's.
ya sound wild forced....all of ya, everyone knows these are da raptors...it doesn't even matter that da team aint exist..i had to do a double take on this post to see if these were a new color...
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I loved how you didn't use "Raptor VII".  One of the worst handles ever.  The Raptors weren't even born when the VII's originally dropped.

Because i saw the ogs during my school days, and yesThe toronto raptors were born in late 1995 along withThe vancouver grizzlies.I think most people who call these raptorsWere too young back in 1992.

I have never referred to them as "R*****s"

I refer to every black/red Jordan as Playoffs cause the Bulls always wore black sneakers during the playoffs.

when thousands of ebay post has these listed as raptors a decade later after its initally retro, da sailboat has sailed as far as "renaming" this nickname...

i mean its simple, it addresses da prominant purple colorblocking all over da shoe, and its easy to remember...whats da big deal?
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

i was thinknig of cool greys or some other retro + colorway up in here only to find out OP has a agenda to change da course of "nickname history" cuz he thinks raptors is ehh
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom