Official Air Jordan X "Chicago" release thread 1/21/12! No buying/selling/trading!

there was seriously a lot of "quiet hype" for this shoe....but this thread has DOUBLED in the last 24 hours...it was only at like pg 50-60 before the shoe released.

Originally Posted by TxSole

The hang tag on ebay is now at $31.00.
30t6p3b.gif
You serious?!?
I might as well sell mine, or wait it out if it goes any higher. lol
Its a god damn piece of cardboard and a plastic X's.

Originally Posted by jayem

Originally Posted by TxSole

The hang tag on ebay is now at $31.00.
30t6p3b.gif
You serious?!?
I might as well sell mine, or wait it out if it goes any higher. lol
Its a god damn piece of cardboard and a plastic X's.

LMAO  That hangtag might bring more hype than the Concords!!! Cats be standing in line for a hangtag and a smile
happy.gif

Originally Posted by cloudypokerchips

I can't believe the reseller prices on these already! Going for 250 on Ebay... alot of peeps didn't cop even with all the "quiet hype" thought they could sleep but NOPE that didn't happen. I think these will only go up as some places got less than 15 pair on there local shops. Now peoople are seeing there quality and drooling. The quality on these are premium to say the least. Everybody says there tight but I have a long skinny foot and my usual size 12 fits like butter. No hangtag on any of my pairs todau hopefully my NDC or Eastbay joints will have em. Eastbay had to have recieved thousands because I know about 10 peeps who copped on there couple hours after release. I even got through without a timer with ease. Those still looking are probably going to resort to re-sellers as these are getting hotter by the hour. GOOD LUCK!

I honestly don't think there was overwhelming hype. It's just everyone bought up the pairs to resell and that creates fear in the people who missed out so they'll be willing to pay extra when I still doubt these are limited.

Originally Posted by 619destroyer

Originally Posted by earvcunanan

Robert Wayne Footwear at the Seattle Premium Outlet has a FSR.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was surprised myself. I walked past the store and I saw them on the shelf - made me do a double take. Lo and behold, they've got a decent size run and I copped a size 9. Hang tag included and everything.

Originally Posted by dRokDaSpot

Originally Posted by The7onius

Originally Posted by sferris3

People who bought from NDC, don't expect a hand tag. On their twitter a couple hours before release, someone asked them if they will come with hand tags and Nike's response was "They will not have a hangtag."

Are you #@&%Ing serious? No hangtag? I'll just have to return these and show Nike I mean business.
ohwell.gif

Umm okkk.... Because I asked them a few hours before midnight with that same question an I got a DM saying the will!

Really? Well looks like we'll find out lol.  Idc whether it does or it doesn't I was just trying to pass on some info I saw.  It would be nice to have one to add a nice touch but if mine comes w/o one I won't be upset.  But here's what I saw...
5cx9y1.png

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

EFF FOOT LOCKER!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I'll cliff note my experience.

-In line outside of mall at 8:30am. I'm #9.
-They let us in mall at 9:54am (20 degrees outside).
-Only 4 stores had the shoes (one of them was Kids Foot Locker).
-Everyone bolts to FinishLine. I bounce to FootLocker.
-I'm #1 in line at FootLocker
pimp.gif
(got a lil' ticket indicating I was the first person in line).
-Employee says they have 65 pairs
eek.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

-FootLocker opens at 9:30am.
-I walk in and ask for 2 size 12's.
-They don't have any size 12's at all.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

-I run out of store and get to the other 2 stores in the mall. Both just sold out.
-Hop in the whip and try and bounce across the city to other stores.
-I see a cop and slow down. He hits that U-turn so I floor it. I'm in a 4WD TrailBlazer so I'm trying to find snow covered side streets that he can't speed down. I find one.
-It's a dead end. He ends up pulling me over and asks was I trying to run. Long story short, I was doing 60 in a 35mph. He warns me about speeding and writes me a ticket for my front license plate being in my windshield ($55 dollar ticket w/ no points
pimp.gif
)
-Took him 19min to write ticket
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

-I fly to FootLocker, FootAction, and 2 mom and pop shops. All are sold out.
-I shoot across the city to another mall. All gone.
-I start making calls. Everyone's sold out.
-I called corporate FootLocker and filed a complaint.

All in all, I return home empty handed with a ticket
indifferent.gif
. Stupid dummies at FootLocker either were holding the shoes for someone else or sold the shoes yesterday and kept the boxes to ring up for today. Either way, it was shady and I got BIG time screwed. I am FLAMING mad right now.
Probably should have copped two pairs that were closest to your size.

Originally Posted by Sn3akerH0lic80

roll.gif
Originally Posted by earvcunanan

Originally Posted by jordan23kid

Is there any socks that match these?

thumb.aspx
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 but seriously I might actually cop those... 
embarassed.gif

I actually have those socks from last years all star game. And the black and red shoe strings from the all Kobe's. Should I? Negative.

wait....I don't get how NDC won't come with hang tags when ALL the pairs from niketown came with them?...

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by rojanjon

laugh.gif
@ dude selling these for $280 in the NT BS Forum...
30t6p3b.gif

One cat selling for 300.. another trying to trade for OG XI's 
laugh.gif
Like clockwork, twitter timeline is lulz.  Dudes seriously trying to flip these for London SB's
laugh.gif

I'll just wait, I'm sure by summer time, these will flood NT B/S and Craigslist for retail or less.  Hype always fails.

I remebered to cop online at 12:15 they were still online, got all the way through checkout on NDC and by the time I ordered size 13-14 they were gone. Then I was able to get through to get a timer on eastbay but the timer was 5 hours. So I just said F it ima go to sleep and go to the store in the morning. I drove to Vintage Faire mall in Modesto, CA. The mall opens at 10 but I decided to leave at 7. Got to the mall @ 8am and champs and shoe palace were closed. I went to Footaction first, they had a sz 13 but the box was jacked up and the shoes didnt havent any hangtags AND they didnt accept any returns and exchanges so I said F that. Then I go to Footlocker and they had a sz 14 and they had a return policy but no hangtag and I had a lil extra room in them. So I was like let me check the last place which was Shiekh. They had a return policy along with a sz 13 with a pristine box and a hangtag so I copped those, smoked a celebration blunt and went home. Successful day. I really feel for all you guys who didn't get a pair cuz I know the feeling.

Originally Posted by alexpak94

wait....I don't get how NDC won't come with hang tags when ALL the pairs from niketown came with them?...

Well we don't know if they are.  Like the picture I posted they said they won't but somebody else said they asked them and they said they will.  So at this point we'll just have to see when they come.  But again it shouldn't really matter anyway all it does is add a nice touch.  But it's not like I'll wear the shoes with the handbag on it anyway so if I do get one it'll just sit in the box like the one that came with my WC III.

Waiting about 1 hour and 15 mins in line. Grab the second to last 11 at FL. It wasn't that painful of an experience, although being outside in the rain sucked....but I did find shelter.

Back
Top Bottom