Official Air Jordan XX3 White/Black/Red Post 2/16/08

^ I guess it depends on how lenient your manager is. If he/she isn't a total prick, just do this:

Put them on layaway and cancel it on the 29th day. Come back in the very next day & put them on layaway again. Keeprepeating the process until the discount is made available or even an Emp. App. Employees don't pay layaway fees, so basically all you're doing ispaying about $40 upfront as a "super hold" of sorts, since the shoes can't be sold while on layaway and you can get all your money back when youcancel. But it depends on your manager. I know a manager who let a part-timer hold on to a pair of Spiz'ikes and Green Bean V's without layaway forlike 8 months before he finally copped during a 50% but I know one who won't even do an employee hold past release weekend.

These dont seem to widely sought after might even (gasp) be still on shelves come sunday.

put it like this yesterday my local spot called ME to ask if i was coming in to buy them or should they hold it.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

^ I guess it depends on how lenient your manager is. If he/she isn't a total prick, just do this:

Put them on layaway and cancel it on the 29th day. Come back in the very next day & put them on layaway again. Keep repeating the process until the discount is made available or even an Emp. App. Employees don't pay layaway fees, so basically all you're doing is paying about $40 upfront as a "super hold" of sorts, since the shoes can't be sold while on layaway and you can get all your money back when you cancel. But it depends on your manager. I know a manager who let a part-timer hold on to a pair of Spiz'ikes and Green Bean V's without layaway for like 8 months before he finally copped during a 50% but I know one who won't even do an employee hold past release weekend.

yo thanks, sounds like an idea worth trying...gotta pimp the system

Also, if you don't want to wait, and you don't have any moral issues with it, take a coupon from your store andcop at a different store as a regular joe. I know our division has a $20 off $100 purchase coupon that comes in those fund-raising books and on the currentdiscounts printout that you can print, there is a $25 off coupon for Platinum VIP member birthdays or something very similar. If you sweet talk a cashier at adifferent store & know the coupon code, they may apply it for you.

There's always a way around the system, lol, just depends on how far you want to take it & morality issues I suppose.

nah man no moral issues with that...all is fair between love(for shoes) and war(against MSRP)...just caught myself watching your avatar a bit too long there

Originally Posted by bobyelenak

Originally Posted by sick90teg4dr

Originally Posted by Josh311

Has anyone said if Eastbay will have these or not, my guess is they would but I want to be sure. Going to have to be on the phone outside the bar Friday night calling Eastbay if so!

yes they are getting them...it says it on the Jordan page. "xx3 comming 2-16"
I called their customer service line to confirm with a rep. The conversation went like this:

Me: "When are the XX3 all stars going on sale?"
Her: "Ummm they aren't."
Me: "Really? I mean on your site it says coming 2/16"
Her: "Nooo... they're not going on sale."
Me: "So why does your site say coming 2/16?"
Her: "Oh, I thought you were asking when they went on clearance?
Me: "No, I wanted to confirm that you will have these for purchase on 2/16"
Her: "I don't know, let me check with a manager."

You'd think the CSR's would have a little more knowledge on the biggest release of the year and a typical conversation shouldn't make you feel like you were speaking to a rock.

That's it? You hung up after she said she check with a manager?

Originally Posted by Jekih

Has anyone said if Eastbay will have these or not, my guess is they would but I want to be sure. Going to have to be on the phone outside the bar Friday night calling Eastbay if so!

I called their customer service line to confirm with a rep. The conversation went like this:

You'd think the CSR's would have a little more knowledge on the biggest release of the year and a typical conversation shouldn't make you feel like you were speaking to a rock.

Well, she came back and said they go on sale at 8est, then I said thank you ma'am bye, sorry I left out the details.

Originally Posted by jettdatdude

guess i'll just have to front like i don't like these joints since i can't get a discount on them or hold them in the stockroom and wait for the
price to go down...anybody else not able to use their employee discount on the xx3s? it's only saving about $60 but
thats money regardless

MAN, THESE SHOES ARE WACK!

laugh.gif

My dude, what is you doin' playin' ball in $200 shoes?!?!?! You in the NBA? Lack of respect for money?

Thats what I buy J's and other sneaks like this for. I don't always think they are the best looking sneaks to wear with jeans or sweatsbut on the court I like how they feel on my feet.

Well, she came back and said they go on sale at 8est, then I said thank you ma'am bye, sorry I left out the details.
That doesn't sound right. Eastbay has never released a shoe that early on a Friday night since I have been buying through them. good luck though.

We'll just to share some information I was a NTLA this morning and from the information I gathered the shoes are more limited than people think. They onlyhad 3 size 10.5's and up until the titaniums I've never heard of a release having 3 10.5's.
If anyone has any actual numbers of the production of the all stars it would be greatly appreciated.

If someone's got access to the production numbers, I'm sure they're not sharing, but I'm sure they're coppin... a lot.

d e beatup --
laugh.gif
^^^ i love that avy !!!
ZK lll are waaayy more comfortable while playin ball ... yes i have played in both .... XX3's are great though .. first sig model i have liked since XVII

Originally Posted by wrbush31

That doesn't sound right. Eastbay has never released a shoe that early on a Friday night since I have been buying through them. good luck though.
yeah, theres no way they would be released at 8pm est. thats 5pm on the west coast

Originally Posted by vocaldigital23

I can't BELIEVE people are beasting over these. These are one of the worst Jordans ever.
try the shoes on your feet
and get back to us after the beep

I called my local mom and pop store and FL.... They both said the same thing: "We are getting the black XX3's on the 23rd, but not the As."

hmmmm

Kaysshoes better come through...

I can't BELIEVE people are beasting over these. These are one of the worst Jordans ever
to you that is. to others, maybe it's to the end of a legacy. maybe some people do like the shoe. maybe some people will be playing in theshoe. many, many possibilities.

Don't know if this would have made a difference but I would suggest in the future you give the actual color description ie "when are the XX3White/Black/Red going on sale" as opposed to "all stars".

I don't believe these are officially called all stars by JB.

I bought these from PSY and they are so confy .. Was chilling with my boys at the mall enter a random store and bamb they had them. All my boys got a pair andI ended up getting 3 more pairs, 9 10 and 10.5 .. not even close but with the titanium going like crazy in eBay Ill see whats good with the flip!

ok for the people that live in detroit and cop from mr allens i called all the store eastpoint has 20, flint has 7 and southfield has 20. pontaic, oaklandmall, redford and hamtramick are not reciving any of them and all the stores recived the dmp's so with that said these shoe's are very limited good Mipeople

Back
Top Bottom