Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I hope the focus is still on performance like with the XX8, but it still looks good on the court. 

I'm excited

I think they just want to keep making them more expensive just because they can. In stead of charging what they are worth like the retro jordans. Well see soon enough the Jordan 28s had the shroud which added cost but I don't think it was really necessary since they could have made it out of a more affordable material. I don't think they should use luxury materials just to add to the casual appeal, the older Jordans weren't about that life, they were about using quality and widely accessible materials like leather and using the shoes design to make them special not putting emphasis on using expensive materials like what they did with the 28s. I hope the 29s aren't blinged out and expensive for no practical reason.

I think they just want to keep making them more expensive just because they can. In stead of charging what they are worth like the retro jordans. Well see soon enough the Jordan 28s had the shroud which added cost but I don't think it was really necessary since they could have made it out of a more affordable material. I don't think they should use luxury materials just to add to the casual appeal, the older Jordans weren't about that life, they were about using quality and widely accessible materials like leather and using the shoes design to make them special not putting emphasis on using expensive materials like what they did with the 28s. I hope the 29s aren't blinged out and expensive for no practical reason.

There's so many things wrong with this post. The shrouded XX8's price was high because of the shroud was $100/sqft to use. The lockdown with the shroud is much better than the SE's, I own both. You say older Jordan's weren't using "luxury" materials which is false. Starting with the AJ2 which was made in Italy with Italian leather. Every shoe after the 2 was made of the best materials at the time as well as keeping performance in mind. Nike will always be a innovative company that pushes the limit to what they can do with performace shoes, but as of today synthetics are where its at so using leather that does not allow good air flow and looses the suport structure of the shoe over time is not what performance is today.

^Jsonmyfeetz Yeah but most shoes were made of leather back then, Jordan's just used better quality leather so it was more expensive but not an outrageous difference like it was with 28s. Like I said I would still consider the shroud to be an excessive material since it was expensive and they could of made the shoe with similar lock down without it by reinforcing the upper with padding and hyperfuse or adding adaptive fit like the Melo M10s which is a way to use leather without losing support. Either way I don't think the 28s or the SE are that supportive since the uppers on both are pretty flimsy compared to a shoe with thick synthetic uppers like the Lebron Soldier VIs or the Superfly 2s.

Last edited:
This thread about to blow up.

loved the 28, hoping for an improved flight plate and a butter soft leather upper.

in before the takeover.

The last sig I truly liked was the XX3, hoping these are something special.

Last edited:
Tried on XX8s once and fell in love but couldnt pull the trigger as the cw was not to my liking

2 mins to go

in before this thread blows up

Seems there's a slight delay. Maybe they're fixing a popped zoom bag.
Probably won't be exactly 12:00.I imagine Tinker will start talking about it at the event and they'll bring it out in a minute or two after they talk about inspiration behind it and jerk themselves a little bit saying it's "SO REVOLUTIONARY".

I wouldn't be surprised if it is flyknit. If the Kobe is flyknit and $225, I expect the Jordan to surpass the Kobe 9 in tech and price

Back
Top Bottom