Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Come on man can we stop saying "what a lazy design" "these are such a terrible design". I'm sure you all know what it takes to design a shoe....you are all designers at some level and understand that the team was "lazy" when designing the shoe. They didn't set out and create a brand new process to make a shoe or anything.....na that didn't happen...lazy design.

There is a difference between "not liking the aesthetic" and not liking the design. If you don't like the way the shoe looks that is a criticism. But by all accounts they worked extremely hard to design a new shoe. Now whether or not that is true can really only be judged by playing in the shoe. All that being said....i think the shoes look way better in the on foot shots posted....but i still don't find the elephant print one that pleasing on the eyes. But if they shoe came out in all black no giant jump man with just the jumpman peaking out of the toe from the sole (just like XIIs). I would cop.

I wish JB would recognize that no matter how the shoe looks....it can be made likeable. Make every single JB athlete wear the 29. But them allllll over the court in the NBA. Even if they aren't the best looking shoes people assume pro's like playing in the best shoe.....which they can be coaxed into by seeing every nba player wearing them. Not too mention doing things in them that are iconic. If the thunder won the title and Russel hit the game winning shot in game 7 in the shoes....you have a winning shoe.

unimpressed with the shoe from the pictures but that could definitely change once these get on foot - but like others said for $225 they're not going to be on my feet anytime soon

I really like the simple light design of these, Nowadays I am all about technology. Would love to try these on but the price point is so high. I know manufacturing prices are going up everywhere, but it's hard to buy a pair of these or lebrons when you can get ~2 pairs of Adidas/Under Armor/Kd's for the same price and with similar technology... Still might cop!

$225 for new tech in the flyweave (if its actually better than flyknit) plus unlock zoom and flight plate is way >>>>>>> kobe 9 elite with the cheap lunarlon insert. Just based on the fact with these stuff within the shoe it is certainly worthy of the $225 than the kobes.

Come on man can we stop saying "what a lazy design" "these are such a terrible design". I'm sure you all know what it takes to design a shoe....you are all designers at some level and understand that the team was "lazy" when designing the shoe. They didn't set out and create a brand new process to make a shoe or anything.....na that didn't happen...lazy design.

There is a difference between "not liking the aesthetic" and not liking the design. If you don't like the way the shoe looks that is a criticism. But by all accounts they worked extremely hard to design a new shoe. Now whether or not that is true can really only be judged by playing in the shoe. All that being said....i think the shoes look way better in the on foot shots posted....but i still don't find the elephant print one that pleasing on the eyes. But if they shoe came out in all black no giant jump man with just the jumpman peaking out of the toe from the sole (just like XIIs). I would cop.

I wish JB would recognize that no matter how the shoe looks....it can be made likeable. Make every single JB athlete wear the 29. But them allllll over the court in the NBA. Even if they aren't the best looking shoes people assume pro's like playing in the best shoe.....which they can be coaxed into by seeing every nba player wearing them. Not too mention doing things in them that are iconic. If the thunder won the title and Russel hit the game winning shot in game 7 in the shoes....you have a winning shoe.
Yeah you have a point. These shoes are designed a year or two minimum  prior to actual release. I wouldn't exactly call it lazy. Aesthetically unappealing is another issue....

Easy buy for me... I am done with the JB retro thing so this TECH gets me excited.

Clean looking designs too.... nice silhouette.... could have minimized the Jumpman and 23 a bit more, but I am sure they will make efforts in other colorways. I like the Jordan Future fusion look they have going on.... the shoe is evolving.

Just realized that they don't even have carbon fiber.

So to sum up, no leather, no carbon fiber and a $225 price tag for a "premium" product which is knitted together, has TPU plastic for support and zoom bags that could potentially pop.

Honestly,it sounds like an April fool's joke. I'm almost expecting tinker and MJ to come back and say "we're just messing with you. This is the real XX9".
Be careful the fan boiz will come to kill you now, when I was asking yesterday, how come there is no carbon fiber and heel zoom in them "new" joints, cats were ready to get my with vengeance.

I can care less about shoe "tech". I don't play ball anymore. The black and red 29s look great. I don't like the big logos or clear sole on the other one. I'm glad they got back to a nice design for a change. Tech means nothing if the shoe is ugly 21-28 IMO.

Last edited:

Be careful the fan boiz will come to kill you now, when I was asking yesterday, how come there is no carbon fiber and heel zoom in them "new" joints, cats were ready to get my with vengeance.
Yeah,  I witnessed that. Lmao at dudes claiming TPU is better than carbon fiber

Best since the XX and XX3 in terms of design.(i haven't copped since XX3)

jordans are always ahead of there time

these will look sick in 2020! looking forward to them revealing more colour ways.

The next hypebeast move I expect from JB after lurking this forum and other blogs is to make these super limited to artificially ramp up demand and bring out the hypebeasts in droves, just like they did with XX8s and futures

The next hypebeast move I expect from JB after lurking this forum and other blogs is to make these super limited to artificially ramp up demand and bring out the hypebeasts in droves, just like they did with XX8s and futures

yes, and the best cw will only be available in a one remote petrol station in new mexico

you know, to commemorate how mj's shoelaces came untied one time he was having sex in a petrol station outhouse with a complete stranger.

To all those who put these and hype beast together, I hope none of you guys own or like Laney 5 or any none OG CW of any Js. That includes low tops. All rotted on shelves back in the late 90s. Hype drives 99% of what's selling now.

Last edited:
To all those who put these and hype beast together, I hope none of you guys own or like Laney 5 or any none OG CW of any Js. That includes low tops. All rotted on shelves back in the late 90s. Hype drives 99% of what's selling now.
Bro, I don't own any retros anymore. I'm not saying this  is a hypebeast shoe but that's certainly what JB is going to try and turn it into

Last edited:
yes, and the best cw will only be available in a one remote petrol station in new mexico

you know, to commemorate how mj's shoelaces came untied one time he was having sex in a petrol station outhouse with a complete stranger.
Lol

Back
Top Bottom