Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

This is pureeeeeeeeeeeee BS. 3s and 4s were both great. The 5s and 6s have been the only real let downs in the line.

So you think the 3 and 4 is better looking than both 1 and 2? If you do that's cool it's all a opinion. I think the first game 1 and black and red 2 destroy any 3 or 4. I agree the 5 an 6 were the worse though.

This is a great read. Some of you should actually read it so you don't sound so ignorant.

Concur with that. Very informative and interesting. If they are half as good as they are described in the article they will be a great performance based shoe. And based on the article these shoes are made to last.

"THE FEWER PIECES OF MATERIAL THAT GO INTO MAKING A SHOE, THE cheaper IT IS. "-
mean.gif
mean.gif
man they really marketing this foolishness

Brons are on top Jordan right now because they deserve to be.

The last 11 years for JB has been filled with laziness, nonsense, a couple passable shoes, and the 23s.

You can like the shoe, fine. But why dudes continue to do mental gymnastics to defend JB's foolishness, that I can never understand
Ill take the 23s, 20s and the 29s over any lebron out there.... brons have no appeal to me.... I just dont like bulky, heavy looking shoes

Brons are on top Jordan right now because they deserve to be.

The last 11 years for JB has been filled with laziness, nonsense, a couple passable shoes, and the 23s.

You can like the shoe, fine. But why dudes continue to do mental gymnastics to defend JB's foolishness, that I can never understand
Ill take the 23s, 20s and the 29s over any lebron out there.... brons have no appeal to me.... I just dont like bulky, heavy looking shoes

Brah. Compare the last 11 Jordan with the Bron line.

You pick out the 3 best looking Jordans and ignore all the other trash during that period :smh:

You ever been in a craftsman shop? We're not talking about a shoe shop. Definitely read the article posted on co-design, and let's resume this conversation. The commercial fits the build process perfectly. You can get from this shoe better than what you'd get from leather, easily. This stuff can go against leather up one end and out the other. But that's my opinion.
I read it bro. The weave is used for clothing tags, football jerseys and silk ties and that is better than real leather that came from a cow?

I'd choose leather every time. There's a reason dress shoes use real leather and not flyknit or flyweave or whatever.

The only reason JB doesn't use real leather anymore is because they want to cut costs.

I don't doubt they can find a way to make a leather shoe lighter (maybe not as light as plastic) but that would eat into their margins

Nike's number one concern is their shareholders not their consumers.

Last edited:
You ever been in a craftsman shop? We're not talking about a shoe shop. Definitely read the article posted on co-design, and let's resume this conversation. The commercial fits the build process perfectly. You can get from this shoe better than what you'd get from leather, easily. This stuff can go against leather up one end and out the other. But that's my opinion.
I read it bro. The weave is used for clothing tags, football jerseys and silk ties and that is better than real leather that came from a cow?
I'd choose leather every time. There's a reason dress shoes use real leather and not flyknit or flyweave or whatever.
The only reason JB doesn't use real leather anymore is because they want to cut costs.
I don't doubt they can find a way to make a leather shoe lighter (maybe not as light as plastic) but that would eat into their.
Nike's number one concern is their shareholders not their consumers.
I'd love to see your numbers on what it costs to make a leather upper vs a woven upper. Not saying you're wrong, but you can't make these allegations without showing facts.

No point in comparing lebrons line to jordan's line in the past 11 years considering it's all a matter of opinion and preference.

Whoever said the xx8 had a carbon fiber flight plate needs to get smacked as well lol

I'd love to see your numbers on what it costs to make a leather upper vs a woven upper. Not saying you're wrong, but you can't make these allegations without showing facts.

No point in comparing lebrons line to jordan's line in the past 11 years considering it's all a matter of opinion and preference.
Since I don't work at the accounting department for nike and I doubt they will release those figures I obviously can't conclusively prove but since there is a trend at nike to cut costs on everything (sigs, retros,lebrons, nsw, whatever) I'm inclined to believe that cost played a much larger part than performance when deciding not to use leather.

Look at the hyperrevs. That's a sock with zoom. Nike should be ashamed to bring such  a product to the market.

I agree, I don't care for lebrons at all and much prefer the jordan line.

I really felt they were turning it around with the XX8 and will continue to bring innovative designs as well as performance to the line. I grew up with jordans  so it  felt good to finally get a design worthy of a sig after almost a decade of lackluster designs, besides the XX3. But they've gone  back to weak designs with the XX9

Last edited:
I'm guessing they made 2 versions so that one will be limited and the other a GR.

Making them both limited would be stupid.

Last edited:

Since I don't work at the accounting department for nike and I doubt they will release those figures I obviously can't conclusively prove but since there is a trend at nike to cut costs on everything (sigs, retros,lebrons, nsw, whatever) I'm inclined to believe that cost played a much larger part than performance when deciding not to use leather.
Look at the hyperrevs. That's a sock with zoom. Nike should be ashamed to bring such  a product to the market.

I agree, I don't care for lebrons at all and much prefer the jordan line.
I really felt they were turning it around with the XX8 and will continue to bring innovative designs as well as performance to the line. I grew up with jordans  so it  felt good to finally get a design worthy of a sig after almost a decade of lackluster designs, besides the XX3. But they've gone  back to weak designs with the XX9
I'll tell you this. I've had conversations about materials and their cost with people at JB and NikeID, some of this stuff isn't cheap. Cutting costs is at the essence of most companies. It's not a good rule of thumb to apply such a blanket assumption to all products though. Retros are not made with performance in mind, they're made with dollars and cents in mind. And although that likely holds true for new flagship models, I think they're willing to spend a bit more to develop new technologies. New tech and materials require a considerable amount of R&D, and although the woven piece of material looks like its cost effective at a per unit level, you have to take into consideration how much money was spent to get it to that point.

Last edited:
AL, how is the design weak? The shoe was built to exonerate a highend basketball shoe's performance purpose. They've claim to have done that, again, and we will see when we take them to the court. Remember too, we've known that Jordan and Tinker have a thing for dress shoes. I can show you a $400 pair of wingtips and they will not aestitically blow you away. That's not their purpose. I think a $30k Kia Optima SX aestitically looks more exciting than alot of highend luxury vehicles over 60k, but that's not their purpose and I'm not their audience.

I think the value of the leather used on basketball shoes is overstated in some cases.

The whole Jordan vs Lebron line "last 11 years let's compare models" is forever debatable when talking aestitically. Performance is also personal opinion. I loved the IPS Jordan models, some didn't. I enjoyed the Zoom/APT setup in the 2009s and the bottom loaded zoom in the 2010s. Wasn't a fan of the modular system Jordans but fell in love with the unlocked Zoom. I hate Lunarlon so I never gave the Lebron XIs a chance, but neither did Lebron.

Last edited:
AL, how is the design weak? The shoe was built to exonerate a highend basketball shoe's performance purpose. They've claim to have done that, again, and we will see when we take them to the court. Remember too, we've known that Jordan and Tinker have a thing for dress shoes. I can show you a $400 pair of wingtips and they will not aestitically blow you away. That's not their purpose. I think a $30k Kia Optima aestitically looks more exciting and sportier than alot of highend luxury vehicles over 60k, that's not their purpose.

I think the value of the leather used on basketball shoes is overstated in some cases.
I don't doubt that they will perform well. If they perform like the XX8s, they'll be better than what lebron, kobe or nike basketball have put out this year. What I have issue with is why does performance and a design that looks aesthetically pleasing and innovative have to be mutually exclusive.

Most Jordans up until the XIX have had good designs and been decent performers at the time. They had distinct designs that stood out from other basketball shoes. XX8 had a distinct design which is why my hopes were so high  for the XX9 after the letdown of the 2009-2012. The XX8, and most other Jordans, up to  about XX, looked like a Pagani Zonda sitting next to a ford focus. When you broke them  out on court, everyone knew you were wearing something special and not something  you picked at the sales rack of  ross.

The XX9 looks like the ford focus. Very bland, uninspiring and isn't that different from other shoes on the market. You wouldn't take a second glance at it, like you would the Pagani.

The XX9 is a ford focus that performs like a Pagani. Personally, I'd rather have a car that looks and performs like a Pagani, particularly at the top end of the market.

Last edited:
I really like the XX9, especially the dark one with the clear sole.  I think it looks like a great bball shoe through and through.  I liked the XX8 but when I first saw it, I thought it looked like a high top aqua sock.  This one looks like a bball shoe and I'm pretty sure it will perform well.  The huge jumpman design might not be the best, but there is great potential in future colorways.

New Jordan's seem to be polarizing especially given he won't play in them. I thought last years was bold despite it having obvious influences to shoes past.

This years seems a bit more conservative. I can see the boring and uninspired claims. I like the orange, black and blue color way. The Paisleys are okay. I'm sure if more prints are shown it could garner more attention. I really think the newest model should be JB's emphasis versus the deluge of retros since the consumer mentality is to prefer the retro over the newest sig.

I saw pictures of these on a random design blog... so far away from the shoe world now, but wow are these beautiful.

I absolutely love them, does playing basketball once every 3 years give me an excuse to get a pair I wonder??

Just in case you wanna skip the next 100 pages if this thread I can sum it up for you:

"Bruh this ish is so whack, such garbage JB sell y'all cats anything"

ANNOUNCING XX9 GITD...

"ZOMG such hot fire, need these in my life, y'all were hating since day one, I'm more entitled to dis doe'

I for one am in love. XX8 were awesome and these look to be just as good, if not better (comfort wise).
LOL..nice post, I'm really loving the 'big jumpman' version, first sig model I've liked in years 
nthat.gif
 hope the dislike keeps going, guess we will see come RD 
roll.gif

they didnt drop the ball on it so

got me like

and

I see influences of the blk/varsity-red/stealth xx3 and that I like.  I have been on cruise control with my collection as of late but these are calling for a spot in rotation. 

Back
Top Bottom