Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I completely disagree, as do many others. The looks are the EXACT reason why people are hating on the 29s.

Personally I think the Westbrook PE looks better than the two pieces of trash they unveiled previously, and I'm sure the tech in the 29s will be great (and hopefully the durability issues of the 28s will be fixed) but it's still a nondescript banana-shaped silhouette regardless of what colours or patterns you stick on the upper.

this.
im a passionate air jordan collector purchased and worn all models.
but i must admit the kobe 9 elite are awesome basketball kicks, performance and style wise.
Aj xx9 are ok but did not give me any wow impressions.

this.
im a passionate air jordan collector purchased and worn all models.
but i must admit the kobe 9 elite are awesome basketball kicks, performance and style wise.
Aj xx9 are ok but did not give me any wow impressions.

With regards to the Kobe's, I agree. His current model has so much detail in it that it distinguishes itself from anything else right now. You see it and can easily say which model number it is.

With the XX9, it's just blah. Nothing really special about it. No design cues that jump out to you and say, "this is the xx9". I find it funny that the only time people like this shoe is when someone puts a design of a prior model on this shoe. What does that say about this model? It just looks like the xx8 part 3.

The kobe 9 is the first kobe I've liked in a  long time.  Not a fan of lows and most of the kobe lows look pretty similar anyway. But the 9s have cheap lunarlon which only lasts a few months so those are a no go for me also

With regards to the Kobe's, I agree. His current model has so much detail in it that it distinguishes itself from anything else right now. You see it and can easily say which model number it is.

With the XX9, it's just blah. Nothing really special about it. No design cues that jump out to you and say, "this is the xx9". I find it funny that the only time people like this shoe is when someone puts a design of a prior model on this shoe. What does that say about this model? It just looks like the xx8 part 3.
100%.

I understand everybody has different tastes in kicks in what they should look like or how they perform. I'm not an old head I was born in 87. I've been a MJ fan since I was a kid and the main reason I wear his kicks is because I wanted to be like mike when I was growing up. I love the retros but hype beast and bots make it impossible to cop these days. All the retail stores are con artist these days. I have a pretty good collection and I have at least one of every numbered jordan. That being said, not all Jordan's are dope when it comes to looks. But if I see a decent color way that I can rock, I'll get em. The XX9 May not be the best looking sneaker but I can't lie, I'm excited to see the different color ways they can come up with. I'll never knock the next mans personal opinion. Some of y'all dudes get real offended when dudes say this shoe is dope or ugly. Lol ppl like or dislike what they want. That's why I just read comments and keep it moving.

For the ppl who want the XX9s I hope y'all can cop in Sep. for y'all who don't like em I'm sure y'all will spend y'all $ on something else..

Repped^^^ I personally cant wait to add a pair to the collection.
will be adding the XX9 to my collection as well. Not sure where I fit in in terms of old sneaker head, respect to those who were old enough to cop jays since 85. I'm 29 and have been able to cop jays on my own since the 13s but I started following basketball at the age of 5 due to family members and instantly became a MJ fan. His kicks were always a big deal so over the years I've tried to cop classics that retrod as well as the new sig. I'll admit over the last decade Jordan Brand disappointed me a lot when it came to MJ's numbered signature shoe. The last sig that amazed me aesthetically were the XXs, I liked the XX3s but not enough to cop multiple color ways. With all that said, the XX9's have me excited for their release. You can already put me down for 2 color ways, the black and reds and the white and columbia blues (if they release). I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with more color ways.

^^^^I agree with your take on the XX's. The last true classic Air Jordan, that literally smoked at retail and doing so WITHOUT the crutch of low production numbers was the Stealh XXs. I was working with Howard White, then VP at JORDAN, and the numbers didn't lie on that particular shoe and it's retail was $175.

I also agree. Everything from 20 until this 29 hasn't had that signature feel to me. The black and red 29 gave me that signature impression on first sight.

who told you that leather is generally more expensive material than those woven ?
First of all, there are many grades and types of leather. Im sure they won't use high grade horse leather for sure. The best leather ever used on a pair of air jordans were the OG 2 with italian made leather.
While the woven material itself isnt expensive the production surely is as it has different density to allow flexibility and stability as well.
Flyknit, fosmposite and woven as upper can be more
Expensive than standard full grain leather.
The leather used on air jordans (og 3 - 2011) were ok but not explicitly premium though definitely much better than the synthetic leather we get on retros of recent years.
The Jordan II was manufactured in Italy. which has nothing to do with the quality of the materials that went into the shoe. The Jordan II was only made in Italy to give consumers the "perception" that it was a luxury sneaker, which justified the then absurd price point. And if the OG II was such a premium sneaker, please tell me why Nike, Inc. used fake lizard skin on their "made in Italy" luxury sneaker as opposed to real lizard skin....

It's marketing, the same thing that has you actually believing that it costs JB more to use woven mesh than genuine leather to construct a shoe, and has you ready to shell out $225 for a pair of basketball performance socks.

And by the way, the best leather used on a Jordan Sneaker was the OG Air Jordan XIII when Brand Jordan debuted it's first signature shoe.

Last edited:
I agree with the notion of Nike/jb cutting costs and price gouging but I don't think it leads to an inferior product, at least with modern jays and not retros.

The more I hoop in the xx8 Se the more I feel they are the best shoe I've ever played in. Don't even want to make you guys uncomfortable by going into detail but it is intercourse for the foot. And just like when the xx8 first dropped with that plain old design, they are going to increasingly get more and more wild color ways which is what will have people changing their minds.

If these play like the xx8 with reinforced zoom bags....good night suzy

The kobe 9 is the first kobe I've liked in a  long time.  Not a fan of lows and most of the kobe lows look pretty similar anyway. But the 9s have cheap lunarlon which only lasts a few months so those are a no go for me also

This would actually be my whole point right here. The Kobe 9 elite is essentially a pair of Kobe 8 elite with flyknit instead of EM. They gave you the same cushion and one retail was $200 and one is $225.

Now the XX9 not only improves the cushioning from the XX8 it also introduces a brand new material upper and give you a $25 discount. IMHO that is a pretty good deal.

As far as having no CF shank plate, that is the least of my concern as long as the shoe performs the way it should.

This would actually be my whole point right here. The Kobe 9 elite is essentially a pair of Kobe 8 elite with flyknit instead of EM. They gave you the same cushion and one retail was $200 and one is $225.

Now the XX9 not only improves the cushioning from the XX8 it also introduces a brand new material upper and give you a $25 discount. IMHO that is a pretty good deal.

As far as having no CF shank plate, that is the least of my concern as long as the shoe performs the way it should.

lets not forget that the xx8 for 250 had a full shoe cover with neoprene like material. The xx8 SE which didnt retailed for 150 - 175.
So speaking of the xx9 which uses less material than the standard xx8 is expected have a lower retail.

View media item 933652Still Tinkers best post-14 IMO, the xx3 has the "mature" seasoned MJ smoking a cigar in a suit vibe, the xx9 looks to take a lot of cues from the xx3 but has a much more current look i don't personally get any "classic" vibes although I like the shape of the shoe which takes many cues from the xx3 and xx8 se
The tech on the xx9 will make it amazing to wear I'm sure but do I want to buy a pair...
No

Still Tinkers best post-14 IMO, the xx3 has the "mature" seasoned MJ smoking a cigar in a suit vibe, the xx9 looks to take a lot of cues from the xx3 but has a much more current look i don't personally get any "classic" vibes although I like the shape of the shoe which takes many cues from the xx3 and xx8 se
The tech on the xx9 will make it amazing to wear I'm sure but do I want to buy a pair...
No
I don't see the comparison between the XX3 and the XX9 but I agree that the XX3 was the last great "sig" shoe for Jordan.  Can't even remember what anything after XX3 (aside from the XX8/9) looks like.

When I first seen the Jordan XX9 first thing that came too mind was Jordan XX3 shape of the shoe, and Jordan XX8 Bottom sole.

When I first seen the Jordan XX9 first thing that came too mind was Jordan XX3 shape of the shoe, and Jordan XX8 Bottom sole.

same here.
I think the look is Ok. Not mindblowing like the XX8 or Kobe 9 Elite but decent.
The last decent styled Air Jordan was the 2011.
If the durability on these are good then I might give them a try. But want to check
for more colorways first. Because the 2 initial colorways did not cause me to
want them badly.

All this talk about the zoom air bag popping on the X'S has me worried about my pair....guess we'll have to find out if they fixed the issue on release day...After the 225 is spent

Back
Top Bottom