Official Air Max 97 Thread

Yesterday I'm in a footlocker and they have a few sizes left 8.5, 11.5, and 13, I'm usually an 11, try on the 11.5 but pass of those. I look on the board and see someone needs a 13, I call the store a few hours ago they said they still have it, last pair. I get 3-4 other PMs off my post so I figure someone will get this 13. I walk into the store, the kid says no sizes left. I point to the wall with a shoe there and go, there's a size. I grab it it's the 11.5. I said I'll take these and I called and there is supposed to be a 13, I'll take those too. Kid heads in the back, comes out, says no 13. I ask, if you have any other sizes I'll take them....all of them. He says nope last pair is what you have. Now this footlocker is well run, and I want to give them the benefit of the doubt that they had one pair but confused the sizes....but doubt it. My seven year old was with me, and she said, those guys are lying. We get home, my wife shaking her head at me. I never buy sizes that aren't mine, don't resell, and any time I've tried to hook anyone else up it usually goes bad where people flake or something else, and it's just not worth my time.....so now I got these....maybe I'll just choke them and wear them out.

View media item 2406315

Just to update, I don't have any pairs left to oop. If I come across any more stock out here, I will let you guys know.

nike-air-max-97-og-metallic-gold-gs-0.jpg

nike-air-max-97-og-metallic-gold-gs-1.jpg

nike-air-max-97-og-metallic-gold-gs-2.jpg

nike-air-max-97-og-metallic-gold-gs-4.jpg

nike-air-max-97-og-metallic-gold-gs-5.jpg

nike-air-max-97-og-metallic-gold-gs-3.jpg

Last edited:
Damn NYC resellers has blitzed most inventory on the Silver Bullets. Charging $250 [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128580[/emoji]

Worst part is that I can't find my pair from 2006 [emoji]128555[/emoji]

Last edited:
I usually wear a size 12 in other sneakers. I was able to get an 11.5 in store but they still fit tight. Ideally I'd try and pick up a 12.5 but I know those are hard to come by. Am I better off shooting for a 13 this morning?

Just get the 12, I'm a same size and it fits fine, could of went 12.5 too but at this point they are impossible to find lol

Last edited:
Reactions: You
Man, having wearing my 97s a few times I definitely could've went up .5 Size and been okay. My big toe in my TTS is killing whenever I wear them lol.

Those Gold 97s though, definitely will be copped.

They gave these a cool looking insole and gave the silver a regular black insole with a swoosh they usually like to capitalize on the more popular OGs but I guess this time around ppl are more attracted to the golds than silver

Last edited:
They gave these a cool looking insole and gave the silver a regular black insole with a swoosh they usually like to capitalize on the more popular OGs but I guess this time around ppl are more attracted to the golds than silver

Mainstream...silvers were always more desirable than golds. Back in the days, I remembered when ppl use to clown on golds.

I'm going to get a 12.5 In the gold's

I want to see what all the fuss is any with going .5 up lol

Even though I have a 12 in bullets already

Last edited:
Back in the days, I remembered when ppl use to clown on golds.

Haha this

I remember getting them my freshman year of high school for like $50 bucks on the clearance rack plus maybe my boys footlocker discount I can't remember but my hommies used to crack on them all the time I always thought they were dope. Long story short I ended up wearing them to work at my first job as a fry cook :lol:

Just so everyone knows I'm a sz 12 for the golds , [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Just secured a size 12 of the golds for $125 :smile: This time I searched before the hype train started in full effect.

Back
Top Bottom