Official Air Max 97 Thread

Thank you smh [emoji]128555[/emoji] They're killing me with the hold on the US release
you're welcome
wink.gif

lol. the gs 95 sole air unit on those 97's dwarfs todays mens version by more than double easily

lol. the gs 95 sole air unit on those 97's dwarfs todays mens version by more than double easily
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE Are those retail version or just samples? That sole just doesn't flow well together with the 97 silhouette. I always found it interesting that GS versions of some air maxes use the previous generation's sole. For example, GS size am95 uses the am93 sole.

nike-air-max-95-GS-og-neon-5.jpg

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE Are those retail version or just samples? That sole just doesn't flow well together with the 97 silhouette. I always found it interesting that GS versions of some air maxes use the previous generation's sole. For example, GS size am95 uses the am93 sole.

I'm sure it has to do with 1. Saving money, since the 95 air unit would cost more than a 93 PU forefoot, and 2. Logistically, making such a small 95 air unit isnt practical, both physically and... Monetarily.

I'm sure it has to do with 1. Saving money, since the 95 air unit would cost more than a 93 PU forefoot, and 2. Logistically, making such a small 95 air unit isnt practical, both physically and... Monetarily.
it has nothing to do with money, back in the days they could've easily use the wmns AM95 midsole for the GS version but for some reason they have refused to do that, the only GS AM shoe that got the same midsole as the mens version was the GS AM2 Light and the GS BW's, i got a pair back in the days and when i saw that the GS version has the same midsole as the mens version i was amazed, normally Nike will always change the GS releases with a different midsole but with that release it remained unchanged

mean.gif
 outside at Patta London people lining up for 97 pairs of AM97 Silver Bullets
laugh.gif
#THESTRUGGLEISREAL
roll.gif

Last edited:
I went to Kith yesterday and a sales associate said the US is getting a general release of the OGs next month. Take that for what it's worth. Sorry if old news, I don't come into this thread.
like February next month or another couple months?

they've always been more popular in the eu but expect them to be a hassle here as well just because of IG/social media hypebeasts.

footsites supposedly will have these so expect a pretty wide release stateside but still plan according for release day.

they're really hyped over there I'm afraid how it will be here in the us
Nike is just trying to build up the demand with releases like this, dont fall for the Nike trap, these will be super easy to get after April, Nike doing all this abracadabra is because all the previous AM97 Silver Bullet releases were a huge flop and majority of the shoes ended up at the outlets to be $40 dust catchers

Last edited:
they've always been more popular in the eu but expect them to be a hassle here as well just because of IG/social media hypebeasts.

footsites supposedly will have these so expect a pretty wide release stateside but still plan according for release day.
At this point I'm just counting down the days I just need my size to wear and keep

Air Max 97's were definitely at the outlets a few years back.. not sure where all of this hypr and craze came from recently. Airmaxdisciple is right

Nike is just trying to build up the demand with releases like this, dont fall for the Nike trap, these will be super easy to get after April, Nike doing all this abracadabra is because all the previous AM97 Silver Bullet releases were a huge flop and majority of shoes ended up at the outlets to be $40 dust catchers
Thank you for the info I'm fresh to Am game I'm only 24 but I only been wearing Jordan's and other basketball shoes but up until this time last year I've been collecting nothing but AM runners and I'm old school I only want the OG CWs so far I've gotten the most recent retro of infrared 90, neon 95, Persian bw 91 , pick up the dusty cactus/menthol 93 2014 CW on eBay for $100 plus shipping and I traded my cousin my taxi 12s for his hyper blue air max plus 2013

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom