Official Air Max 97 Thread

According to the BDGA email I just got, the Tisci joints are $200

Riccardo Tisci x Nike Air Max '97 Mid
Black/Metallic Gold-White
913314-001
Retail: $200

BDGA is releasing them tomorrow, in-store and online, at 10AM.

How do you guys feel about the black/white out sole? Always wondered why they changed that. Sometimes wish they'd just use the black translucent out sole like the OGs. Still nice but that OG sole was perfect for these.
You have it backwards.

The OGs did not feature a semi-translucent outsole.

Many of the half-baked retros that came out post 2006 HOA edition inexplicably used a smoke/black semi-translucent outsole.

The addition of the white detailing and use of matte black in this version is actually closer to the OG.

Another little detail lost over time is the pearlized midsole paint that was used on the OGs.

The OG midsole had a nice sheen to it that made an already incredibly flashy shoe pop even more. 

All of the retros since then have used a flat white.

913314-001

Oh ok yea RD all over the place for em

Went into Champs and Finish Line, no luck either. Finish Line seemed to be the only one to confirm they were getting them.

Just called my local finishline the guy said they have there stock so I know where I'm going on the 15th

do the 97s fit true size or .5 up? I dont have ANY air max but I have a few huaraches, and ultra boosts... go for the same size as those?

So all we know at the moment are that local fnl are getting these? No other retailers have confirmed? No word on mom n pops?

It's considered a quick strike, so if the mom n pops stores get those around you, then they probably will get these. The shoes have already released at some boutiques across the country.

Went to my local finish line stores. Didn't have them. Asked if they are dropping on the 15th. No idea they said. One employee even asked me if the Air Max 97 was a real model.

I just said "yes" and walked away.

Last edited:
You have it backwards.

The OGs did not feature a semi-translucent outsole.
Many of the half-baked retros that came out post 2006 HOA edition inexplicably used a smoke/black semi-translucent outsole.

The addition of the white detailing and use of matte black in this version is actually closer to the OG.

Another little detail lost over time is the pearlized midsole paint that was used on the OGs.
The OG midsole had a nice sheen to it that made an already incredibly flashy shoe pop even more. 
All of the retros since then have used a flat white.

I appreciate the response :pimp:. I have to say I kindly disagree with your assessment however. See, I had the OGs in middle school (8th grade). Cut yards all summer 97 to buy myself a pair at Footlocker for back to school. They were $150 plus tax. Very expensive at that time. This shoe is a grail for me my friend. If nobody else knows, I do. I vividly remember the smoked out translucent out sole on these back in 97. I'm not wrong on that. The sole on this new model is not even close to OGs. Look it up.

Last edited:
Not doubting the poster above but just my 2 cents. 

I'm no og or expert but remember having these as a high school senior in '98. Since then, in my memories I've always pictured the outsole as "solid".

If there even were different versions at the time. I was in Korea back then. Maybe we had a different version release in Asia...but doesn't sound right.

Anyways, I like the solid outsole, and regardless, will look forward to owning these again. Hoping sz 12.5 will be made.

Not doubting the poster above but just my 2 cents. 

I'm no og or expert but remember having these as a high school senior in '98. Since then, in my memories I've always pictured the outsole as "solid".

If there even were different versions at the time. I was in Korea back then. Maybe we had a different version release in Asia...but doesn't sound right.
Anyways, I like the solid outsole, and regardless, will look forward to owning these again. Hoping sz 12.5 will be made.

Good to know I'm not alone here. It's hard for me to find original pics doing a google search but I know I would've remembered a black/white outsole. OG retail pairs were "solid". Seen a OG Carl Lewis Nike ad with the blk/white sole so I guess that adds to the confusion. They were solid though.

Last edited:
Went to my local finish line stores. Didn't have them. Asked if they are dropping on the 15th. No idea they said. One employee even asked me if the Air Max 97 was a real model.

I just said "yes" and walked away.

Useless. I went into my store and asked about the Vapormax and they haven't heard of it or seen it. They said they should google it because it sounded cool. I left.

I appreciate the response :pimp:. I have to say I kindly disagree with your assessment however. See, I had the OGs in middle school (8th grade). Cut yards all summer 97 to buy myself a pair at Footlocker for back to school. They were $150 plus tax. Very expensive at that time. This shoe is a grail for me my friend. If nobody else knows, I do. I vividly remember the smoked out translucent out sole on these back in 97. I'm not wrong on that. The sole on this new model is not even close to OGs. Look it up.

I don't recall any OG having a translucent sole either.

913314-001

END just charged me $250 for mine plus $10 for shipping :/

Back
Top Bottom