Official Air Max 97 Thread

3D76B2F2-E08F-4B05-ABC9-3A46FFA9A553.jpeg
The Air Max 97 Friendship Bracelet

Whats the word on these guys?? :nerd::nerd::nerd:
frank.JPG
frank2.JPG

I need to get the OG silver joints soon. Missed out on it since 97 and the time it was rereleased each time for some peculiar reason.

I can’t believe that Wotherspoon’s are in the low to mid 600s. I can live without them at that price.

It shocked me because that’s way more than the Atmos AM1 was going for last year and those look a lot better than these. Hell the animal Atmos releases look a lot better than Wotherspoons.

It’s FOMO. People think they’re not cool if they don’t own a pair of SW 97/1. Demand rules any sector of the economy so when there’s thousands of people in the market for something and there are individuals controlling the price, it’s inevitable the price will go up. It’s like being In a desert with 5 water bottles and there’s 10 people. You control the price. SW 97 are 5000 resellers with a product that 50,000 buyers want

Y’all in denial about these SW 1/97s dropping in price, or trying to convince yourselves that you don’t want or need them. Just buy em if you want them now, trust the quality on this release is on point. They’re dope af, are definitely in contention for shoe of the year & only going to go higher guys...

wotherspoons will definitely come down,
nice shoe but demand is purely artificial,
if these were a gr would people be beastin? Give me a wearable pair of Kashima 97s any day of the week.

Kashimas are dope no doubt. But its been done on different shoes. Its not really that unique compared to the SW.

Good question though. Would they be as hot if they were a GR? I dont think theyd be as special as a GR because they would most likely make changes to reduce costs and mistakes in manufacturing. Theyre worth more than their suggested retail (obviously, but I mean from Nike's perspective), Nike hooked it up with these and you feel that when you hold them in hand.

So if it was based on the colorway and silhouette alone I still think they sell out at GR numbers, easily. But the reduced quality would keep them around $250 Id imagine.

:lol: just like i was gonna wait until the price of fragment jordan 1s came down to a reasonable price.
the marketing for this shoe was genius. the amount of hype that built online was crazy. non-sneaker people we showing me the pic and asking questions. i thought they were good-looking enough for me to call in a favor and i haven't done that in ages. it's a great, unique shoe.

There is nobody on earth that owns every single pair of sneakers that they’ve liked. Even if you’re a billionaire, there’s shoes you can’t get because you loved them as a child and they no longer exist or they’re super limited to like Friends and Family and you can’t get your size. So idk why everyone keeps giving the advice to “just cop” lol. Some people are okay with missing out on shoes rather than dropping $600+ on a shoe somebody copped for $160

Back
Top Bottom