OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

12.5 is helpful at a time like this.. What to choose? :smh: Wish I lived in a place where I could try these on.. Shall I buy both a 12 and 13 and deal with return policies later? A sparkling clean at1 chlorophyll is quite intriguing

I saw these in person today, and as happy as I am that Nike retro'd these, it sucks to say that they used cheap leather on these.

I still might pick these up down the line though.

Last edited:
Good review Rich...

If anything, I was expecting these to run small like the 02/08/09's... These look like they have the same "chassis" of those and those ran 1/2-1-full-size small.  I certainly went up 1/2 size for my 2008's.  

Anyway, did these have the "egg-carton" insoles?

Thanks for the review, I'm going to definitely pick up a pair now. I've wanted a pair of these for years but somehow always missed the drops. I am interested in knowing if they've got the eggcrate insole, although that's not a deal breaker since I can just swap in the one from my safari pair when I wear them out.

Since the quality doesn't quite seem to be there on these, 1 pair will do. No need to get a whole bunch of pairs if they're just going to start creasing from the first time I lace them up.

Last edited:
Just ordered a pair for 107,50 $ plus shipping (42 $) to Germany. I know thats quite heavy, but i wanted to make sure, I don't miss these. I'll try to get 1 or 2 more pairs, if they will be available in Germany. I contacted Nike some days ago, but didn't get a reply until now.

Last edited:
gonna have to see these in person as to pick out the best pair in my size

the more pics (in this thread) the better though

i am on the hunt for two size 14s. missed out on that ebay BIN for 125. they drop 10/20, right?

The eBay seller w/ BIN of 125 will re-list soon, he said.

I'm looking for a gallery of all Air Trainers 1 from the 80's till now !? Any hints ?

Last edited:
Picked up a pair this morning off eBay from seller yellownsxt...

Paid $140 shipped for my 11.5...

Didnt want to risk not being able to get them in 11.5 because all the places around me only got 12 pairs each and the places I asked werent getting any 11.5...only 11 and 12

Forgot these were coming out. $115 shipped off ebay, ehh not bad. Hopefully I get a clean pair

I ordered two pr for approx. $120 shipped per pr. which is good for me.

Also got a msg this morning that a few shops that weren't expecting them are getting shipments. So maybe there's an outside shot we could see a few of these going on sale here and there.

Are these going on NDC or larger online retailers?

i'm officially a sucker. $110 shipped was too hard to resist... Without any 2002-2009s or vintage pairs, the comparisons won't be that great. But regardless, I need a pair to beat into the ground.

i'm officially a sucker. $110 shipped was too hard to resist... Without any 2002-2009s or vintage pairs, the comparisons won't be that great. But regardless, I need a pair to beat into the ground.

I will admit to the same Wally.
You are still a good person.

Where did you buy for $110 shipped and do they have an 11.5???

Where did you buy for $110 shipped and do they have an 11.5???

i actually paid 110 +shipping
and unfortunately they have almost none left (no 11.5)
same deal with the 107.5 +shipping on ebay
phone orders to anywhere retail will probably have to wait till monday at this point

citysole had/has em on their website & on their ebay store (no 11.5)

seems to me most places online & da brick* mortar mom&pops released em today!

so come 10/20, nike, footlocker, finishline etc might be the only places (left because these also seem to be selling out)
and those are the most well known easily accessible places people go, so...

Well all we have in Orlando is 1 JimmyJazz (pretty random) and they drop on the 20th with 12 pairs and only 11 and 12, no 11.5

We have a place called Mens Closet and they are in the same situation. 12 pairs, size 11 and 12 with no 11.5.

Only 2 Champs near me said they're getting them, but wouldnt tell me sizes, but they both got 12 pairs.

I want at least 2 pairs, so I had to at least secure one in my size.

Wore These....

To go pick these up.

Finally :pimp:

nthat.gif

I knew you'd come around, Wally.

Ironically, I may be getting rid of mine if the quality is really as bad as some have been saying.  After all that talk about not giving a damn what the quality was like, I've come to my senses.  Looking back, I've never kept the plastic leather retros--they always get sold after a few wears.  These will be no different.  Ultimately, I'd rather spend my $$ on a quality product.  We'll see on Monday.  

ordered on Thursday from Premier, got them today Saturday. I really can't compare these to anything because I missed out on the SC II and I've only owned 1 other pair of AT1's which were a QS from 04/05 and those were waaaaay more comfortable than these. Yes, these have the egg crate soles.
Had no real glue stain problems but I did have both toe boxes with minor creases. I can live with that since that seems to be the case with AT1's as others mentioned with the safari release. What I am upset about are the small stains that I found, about 4 or 5 of them. Also bad stitching as you can see on the heel pic with the left shoe.
the kix:

The creases/stains/dent on the strap:

the leather. white is average, black is ok but on the cheap side, nubuck ok:

The camera im using is old and doesn't have a good focus, but the issues I mentioned are clear to the eye from up close. I would give this release a 6.5/10 the most. Def not worth it for 118. 65 bucks is the most these should cost.

Looks like I posted under my other messed up ID from the migration. Dah well.

To my guy up there who mentioned selling later, don't do it :lol:. I've made that mistake and ended up wanting them back. Quality aside, there's just some models I'd rather be wearing vs. other stuff I see on shelves right now. I did it w/both the Bo SC and the Medicine Balls. Bought'em, couldn't stand the quality at the time and sold'em. A couple of years later I wanted pairs to wear bad as hell and couldn't find them w/o prolonged waits for my size to pop up.

Back
Top Bottom