OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Can anyone tell me if the quality on the legacy pack trainer 1's is better than this release . I just bought a DS pair of the legacy pack trainers off eBay and wanted a comparison because these latest version hurt my feet so bad I find them unwearable which is a shame because there in my top 5 all time shoes , I'm sure Wally can tell me
Thanks in advance

To answer my own ? The legacy pack air trainer 1 are sooooooooo much better than the recent retro,the leather is much softer, no pinky toe pain at all !!!!!!! Best part was $75 shipped , damn I wish the recent ones were like this,I'd buy 5 pairs

Welp. I changed my tune rather quickly.

After wearing my pair through multiple hour long shopping sessions for christmas, I realized, these aren't so bad. I have put my feet through worse, so why am I going to miss the chance to own these when they are new and clean. Enough with my theatrics. It's my year of the chlorophyll. I bought one pair in 2012, and now appear to be done with 2013 just 3 days in.

I bit the bullet and bought a few more pairs. I guess I'll never learn. It's weird that they popped up on 6pm/zappos, and right after my purchase, totally gone.. Maybe someone here returned two pairs of sz 12s...

There is just something about looking down at a clean pair of chlorophylls.. For years, I had to tread lightly with my 2000/2002s in fear of any number of issues. Now that they have their own vintage color treatment, I can combine wears with the bright white 2012s. My first pair was a used 2000 pair that I took in as my own. So I guess I never realized what it was like to wear a new pair, and have it look new on foot, and be comfortable.. I remember I bought a 2002 pair 1 size too small just to be able to wear a 'new' pair. That was painful. It took years before finding my true size, and by then, I didnt want to dirty them lol. Now that I can wear my sz range, and have them look new, I am all in. I have come full circle a bit with my thoughts.

Post-25 wear review:

-Midsole paint is still intact and lovely. The 2000/2002s had some serious paint issues.

-Toebox is now just barely showing signs of creasing, if you want to call it that... It may be in large part due to the stiff pleather quality.. It does seem to wrinkle upon touching. So there is some play involved. The 'crease' is one big one extended through the middle of the white pleather, across into the velcro strap area, into the black pleather forefoot.. I gotta say, This may be the only crease mark that becomes apparent for the rest of the shoes life. SO the pleather won't exactly mold to your foot, as it wrinkles and softens up. Not gonna happen here.

-The 2000s had some ugly crease marks on the outer grey suede where your pinky toes reside. The crease would basically follow the line of your toes in a diagonal manner. So far the 2012s aren't giving any play to any crease marks in that area. Minor creasing on the outer forefoot side by the velcro strap.

After waiting most of 2012 for my first purchase of the year (2012 chlorophylls were #1), I will likely complete my shoe purchases for 2013 just three days in.

vig09, I would place the 2012s just a step lower than the legacy pair. I love the shiny nylon stuffed tongue of the 2002-2009s. The black pleather was more of a shiny patent like pleather material, which yielded a softer ride on the 2009. The grey fake suede is about the same. As far as materials, I would say they are neck and neck. It does become a bit of an issue if you have pinky toe pain on the 2012s. Once you can get past that, they remain very close.

Last edited:
I've worn mine pretty heavily and your take is spot on Wally. No paint chipping, no creasing either though. If you can find a pr on sale, you're good. Cop'em and wear'em.

Yes dsg is ***** , my never has anything either,all about demographics I guess

Yes d!cks. Mine never gets anything either but there was a FSR of these randomly among a bunch of air flght falcons today.
I wasn't even in there looking for shoes, I just glanced by the section on my way out of the hunting area and they caught my eye.
and we are talking about a dsg. In the woods of NH, not exactly NYC or anything.

Last edited:
Full size run on the DSG website right now.  Anybody of any DSG discount codes or coupons?

There have been coupon codes available but DSG always has about 100 companies on their exclusions list, including Nike.

Anyone spot these at outlets yet?

Man i just scooped some up for $24.98 at my local Champs....damn i wish every shoe was like this..:smokin

I feel like I was kicks in the balls. I'm out this shoe 'game' travesty.

I have never felt so low in my shoe buying life. Deceived......

Got my two pairs in today. Hoooooorible ugly glue stains all over both midsoles/uppers. Someone likely returned these pairs and thus the reason they magically popped back up on 6pm.com. There is usually a good reason why people return items. Now I know. Yikes... See for yourself

Now 6pm wants me to pay return shipping? Get out. Then another month before my money is returned. The other pair isn't as bad but this had left a sour taste in my mouth. One that may never recover. I remember a 2000 varsity red at1 b grade I bought that had pencil marks showing the flaws. One area was off center by a 1/4 inch and minor glue stains. That justified b grade back in 2000. Today, What grade is this Nike?

If I wanted acid riddled suede shoes, I'd bum the alley ways for the homeless. They have better shoes than this *%$. THIS IS NOT SELLABLE NIKE. :smh:

Last edited:
is the crimson on the revis's more of a pink type color?

hows the quality? and do they run snug?

really digging this shoe..

been holding off but i cant help it anymore..

any help would be appreciated.

Just a heads up.. Zappos/6pm is back to selling my returned product (assumption based on the fact they were delivered Monday to the returns division, and Zappos/6pm currently has them on the site. Two sz 12s back in stock. Huge coincidence? :smh: ).

This all done by them, despite the fact that I sent them multiple messages marking the subject as DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. I did get my refund, so it's all on them trying to pawn these off as acceptable.. Be forewarned.

What a shady practice.. Best of luck in anyone purchasing anything Nike related from anywhere.. Quality control is non existent.

Last edited:
i got my revis's yesterday and the quality is superb..

the insole has little bumps and they are comfy as hell...

the 3m on the strap and the middle of the shoe is a nice touch..

so after i wore them i placed them in my closet

i looked back at em and the bottom was glowing..i thought i was trippin so i took it into my bathroom and sure enough the pink bottom glows..

this shoe is one of the best drops of last year.

edit..i also just noticed the eyelets and the pink lettering on the strap glow as well..

Last edited:
^ Yep.  I just wish I went up a half size, but I'll just have to wear thin socks and break them in.  It's a shame that Nike can't use materials like these on all of their leather shoes.

Last edited:
I love these shoes too much to let the bad quality cause me not to buy,I know that sounds dumb but I don't want to regret not getting these a couple years down the road. I copped two pairs from JJ for $140 so I'm happy ,these should last me till I'm 50 .....used ebates also JJ doin 6% too

Back
Top Bottom