Official Alien(s) Franchise Tread. Alien: Romulus 8/16/24

I was excited to see this movie but now people are saying it was a letdown 
frown.gif
.  I'll check it out anyway since I like sci-fi movies and I'm a fan of a lot of the actors in it.

going to peep this tonight at 7:30pm..
got an early screening thanks to my local radio station..!
definitely looking foward to seeing this in IMAX 3D

Caught the midnight release and have mixed feelings.

On one hand, the movie is visually impressive. Not "Avatar" impressive but still good. It was also interesting unearthing more from the Alien story.

However...

I absolutely hated the plot. There's no other way to put it. It was just a lame story.

I did not care for any of the characters except for Fassbender's and Elba's. Charlize Theron's character was completely pointless and unlikeable. Noomi Rapace's character was incredibly annoying.

the most ridiculous and unnecessary part:
Spoiler [+]
Charlize Theron's character dying via wheel
indifferent.gif

Just saw it. They botched the ending badly.

EDIT: Just read that Ridley Scott said that we're two whole movies away from Alien.
ohwell.gif

Unimpressed with everything in this movie except the visuals. Someone who's seen Alien (I've seen it) answer my spoiler.

Spoiler [+]
How the hell did Ridley Scott botch his own plot? In Alien they roll up on the ship and find the space jockey IN THE PILOT SEAT with his chest burst open. Why in the hell did they have him die on escape ship?

If they had him get impregnated by the uber face-hugger and climb back to his ship and get in the damn pilot seat and then have the alien burst out of his chest I would have had a warmer reception to the movie. But they totally botched that...

EDIT:

http://www.denofgeek.com/...-questions-of-prometheus

It didn't end where Alien started!

It wasn't supposed to. Ridley Scott has been firm on the point that, come the final credits of Prometheus, we're still a film or two away from the start of Alien. That's why the creature we see at the end isn't the one you're used to. and also why the Space Jockey isn't yet in the place he's discovered in Alien.

But it's all set on the same planet isn't it?

No. A crucial difference, this. Alien and Aliens surround LV426. Prometheus is set on LV223. Very different worlds. 203 LVs apart, in fact.

Just came back from the Midnight showing... I thought the movie was awesome.
I went into it trying to separate it from the Alien films, but of course every time something Alien-esque would appear I'd go back to it.
Overall, good film imo.
Charlize
frown.gif

Still drinkin' Ace in 2095
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Caught the midnight release and have mixed feelings.

On one hand, the movie is visually impressive. Not "Avatar" impressive but still good. It was also interesting unearthing more from the Alien story.

However...

I absolutely hated the plot. There's no other way to put it. It was just a lame story.

I did not care for any of the characters except for Fassbender's and Elba's. Charlize Theron's character was completely pointless and unlikeable. Noomi Rapace's character was incredibly annoying.

the most ridiculous and unnecessary part:
Spoiler [+]
Charlize Theron's character dying via wheel
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

It's like she was incapable of moving laterally
30t6p3b.gif

I'm a huge fan of the Alien series but this was corny.

The whole weaponized virus concept killed it for me.

It was good seeing the 'alien' evolving though.

Spoiler [+]
how many ships were there? 3?

How did that big **+ alien come out of the engineers chest?

Originally Posted by quik1987

Spoiler [+]

I think 2 Prometheus and The Jockeys.

The IMDB boards are
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ss3walkman

Is this a wait til DVD release movie?
I thought the 3D IMAX was definitely worth the money, so I wouldn't wait for DVD/Blu-Ray.
Saw it today.. great visuals, 3D, sound, action, all that was really solid. Fassbender and Rapice were the standouts, particularly Fassbender. I really liked the themes they were exploring and I was really interested in where it was going, but was pretty disappointed by the end result. I don't think they wanted the audience to feel unsatisfied, rather to be asking ourselves these kind of questions.. but on a storytelling level, it felt cheap and unfulfilling. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by ss3walkman

Is this a wait til DVD release movie?
I thought the 3D IMAX was definitely worth the money, so I wouldn't wait for DVD/Blu-Ray.
Saw it today.. great visuals, 3D, sound, action, all that was really solid. Fassbender and Rapice were the standouts, particularly Fassbender. I really liked the themes they were exploring and I was really interested in where it was going, but was pretty disappointed by the end result. I don't think they wanted the audience to feel unsatisfied, rather to be asking ourselves these kind of questions.. but on a storytelling level, it felt cheap and unfulfilling. 

Magneto stole the show?

He was easily the best character for me, but it wasn't the same show stealing performance as First Class.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by quik1987

Spoiler [+]

I think 2 Prometheus and The Jockeys.

The IMDB boards are
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
there was more than 1 mound, david said there was a lot more ships

Sooooo many unanswered questions, Damon Lindelof sucks. I felt like the whole movie was gearing up for a sequel from the start.

Yo, just got back.

As a huge Alien fan, $@+@ was done right.

In the first alien, when the jockey is found with a hole in his chest, that was just one of the many already dead jockeys in various ships.

Back
Top Bottom