Official Atheist/Non-Believer Appreciation Thread. Vol. Yes we exist

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

you might be the dumbest person on nt...

Antigen you my dude but this has to be amongst the dumbest statements or arguments I've ever heard on NT.
ohwell.gif

The most meaningful things of life are hidden from our senses. Get off the comp, go live life and you will "see".

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

we are much more capable of sensing air than we are of sensing god.
I think this really depends on the person, their culture, their interpretation of what constitutes reality etc.

Originally Posted by jerryjones

I think this really depends on the person, their culture, their interpretation of what constitutes reality etc.
Now we're having a philosophical, existentialist, matrix-inspired debate about reality? If you question the existence of air, you might aswell question our existence and the existence of all objects, animate or otherwise.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by jerryjones

Now we're having a philosophical, existentialist, matrix-inspired debate about reality? If you question the existence of air, you might as well question our existence and the existence of all objects, animate or otherwise.
lol im not questioning the existence of air im saying that the abilty to experience a reality beyond that of the senses or to even experience aspiritual dimension within what is widely considered material existance is greatly influenced by a individuals and a cultures definiton of reality.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Nako - warned
roll.gif

i'm sorry Dirty, I wasn't even trying to insult/take a personal shot at him, but you've got to admit dude's being ridiculous
laugh.gif

"So guess what pumpkin, you still have yet to tell me what AIR looks like."

Really? REALLY?

Dirt, you know you were thinking it
nerd.gif

*Edit*

and antigen i see you son
eyes.gif

79913-StopSnitchingTop.jpg

Nako - warned
roll.gif

i'm sorry Dirty, I wasn't even trying to insult/take a personal shot at him, but you've got to admit dude's being ridiculous
laugh.gif

"So guess what pumpkin, you still have yet to tell me what AIR looks like."

Really? REALLY?

Dirt, you know you were thinking it
nerd.gif

*Edit*

and antigen i see you son
eyes.gif

79913-StopSnitchingTop.jpg
n1701838_31060271_6760.jpg

you can debate ideas and call them idiotic...do not call other NTers idiotic.

and really...I was in this thread early... relax with the "snitchin" nonsense

If you look at it based strictly on a logic basis, then both views require faith.

If you do not believe in a higher creator, then you believe all this came out of chance. The chances of which are very slim, but you have faith that ithappened.

If you believe in a higher creator, then you believe all this was created.

Like I said, both sides require faith, whether you want to believe it or not. And in so being, to trivialize the opposing argument is wrong.

I've said my piece. If you are really curious in having a good discussion with a theist, PM me.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

If you look at it based strictly on a logic basis, then both views require faith.

If you do not believe in a higher creator, then you believe all this came out of chance. The chances of which are very slim, but you have faith that it happened.

If you believe in a higher creator, then you believe all this was created.

Like I said, both sides require faith, whether you want to believe it or not. And in so being, to trivialize the opposing argument is wrong.

I've said my piece. If you are really curious in having a good discussion with a theist, PM me.
as simple as this!!

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Here I go just rambling. Sorry if this is incoherent. Heres comes wall of text...

When I did have a religious belief system, I would also think of situations in reference to people saying that God was watching and saved lives. But then, as I become more agnostic I would think of all these kinds of circumstances and to me it was just so illogical why a Supreme Being would watch and save others and in other situations he would not. Why can't it be done in all situations and only in certain situations?To me it just does not make sense in how in some instances like this, God will save a human being from death and other instances not. I just think of this world and it makes me sick to see the most corrupt and biggest violators are able to be ruling the world, while billions are drenched in poverty and live lives in misery and pain. So if this man was saved from death, why not save a child dying from an illness (when the child dies at such a young age)? What makes God in some logics to save some people in some situations and not in others situations? When is death based just on fate,or if there is a God who controls interactions on earth, when is death based on his will and control and not fate?

I realized that organized religion was made by humans. I studied their origins and how they came to be. So, why the heck am I going to believe in something of a religion trying to dictate and tell me what the heck I should believe and what I would do and what is right or wrong, when to me it is all made up by mankind? Spirituality is my business and sacred to me and it is no one's business to interfere in it. I do not find any absolute truth in organized religion, and would not want to live in fear because of a religion telling me if I do not pray a certain way, or fast a certain way, or believe in that God as the savior, I am doomed to hell. I will seek the truth and wisdom through what I feel and what I come to terms to. I may never get the answers to life and what our purspose is here on earth, but that is the beauty of it. To live life on your on terms, and not follow a religion that has brainwashed me into what to believe. You know, I still do not know what I believe. I think of myself in terms of being Agnostic. I believe in something, or a force that created this world, but I do not know what the heck it is or how it works.
This is almost my exact same experience. Iraq did a lot to change my religious views.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

I will be brief...

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Im saying if I haven't seen it I really can't believe it...proof must be shown with the claim

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by untouchable jc

Jesus is the only way to eternal life... Good luck if you don't make the choice
Say word? He told you this himself?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DMoney82

God who?

Originally Posted by SoCalBoy23

god is just an imaginary friend for grown-ups

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

And i realized that god doesnt really exist... i also know theres no such thing as a god...

i'm not talking about a book written by hundreds of different authors that's been revised and reworded throughout the times. i'm asking if you have a reliable human source that was in contact with god or jesus, or a letter addressed to you personally by either of them, or if they even told you themselves.

i'm just having to laugh because blind faith is so ridiculous. it's like, "let's worship this invisible god". you never see him, hear him, or feel him... you believe you know his point of views and the way he believes you should live your life, yet you haven't heard him say it his self...

i can't speak for other atheists, but i have a pretty much general argument (or reason) as to why i choose not to lead a religious lifestyle. i know that i don't want to believe and worship any deity without first having proof he/she/it exists...

The quoted statements above, made by some of my NT brethren, highlight a trend of logic I have come to notice amongst so-called "non-believers".

And to prove my point, I ask y'all this-- "What exactly is AIR"--you know, that thing we "supposedly" breathe in.

We can't see it, hear it, touch it, smell it, or taste it; simply stated, we can't sense it directly so why do YOU believe in it (and I KNOW YOU DO).

I am sure I can point you in the direction of a hospital with ventilators that might argue otherwise.

Wow. This thread has spread like the flames of Moses' burning bush. Amen. I didn't check in all night because I was visiting my godless friend'sbrand new (as of yesterday afternoon) non-******ed baby in the hospital. Such a beautiful baby girl. We all worried a little bit because none of us prayed fora healthy baby. Someone else probably prayed for my friend to have a healthy baby, so that probably helped negate all of our heathen deity-related apathy. Whata day though. While I was at the hospital I got a text saying that my girlfriend of however long wasn't pregnant. What a relief. We were sweating it. Iwant kids but not now. What a day though, in the course of 3 hours, my friend is given a kid and I am told I am not having one. All without prayer too. Wecelebrated by doing an eightball with this adorable stripper (who has Daddy issues) with an emaciated rib cage. Amen. It got me thinking though.

For the sake of this post let's say there is a god....or I mean God. To all of you faithful how does it feel to know that over the past month I have been'blessed' with a new kiddo in my inner circle, a wonderful promotion that will have me traveling to places far and wide (I hope some deep ones too), ahefty raise, confirmation that I am not a dad yet, oh and my tumor wasn't malignant? I have a lovely girlfriend despite having an average size penis andcontinuously graying hair. My tongue has the vagina-tickling power of 4 epileptic lizards. I have 10 beautiful nieces and nephews. My parents are stillwonderfully healthy and married. What did I do to cause such graces? Not a #@**#+@ thing. I achieved loads without ever bending my knee in thanks orreverence. Amazing. Isn't that a giant F You to all of you who grovel to the idea of some super being? I mean, I have done terrible things and still havebeen so 'blessed.' I wanted to knock a ****** on the head to see if gold coins popped out. I laughed at an old person dropping the top scoop of theirice cream on the ground only to be licked up by a squirrel. That adorable stripper with the daddy issues, yeah she let us throw ham on her despite her beingJewish. I laughed when a butterfly landed on this ******ed child's nose, making him go cross-eyed. He felt alive, I felt laughter. Awful stuff that haslent me all of the wonderful things I have achieved and been given.

So if God is to thank for all of your graces, who is to blame for all of mine? I don't pray for anyone let alone myself. If good things are only donethrough God, how the hell am I still doing great things? If your God is so great, why am I not being reprimanded for all of my non-loveliness? I always saythe same thing when asked to prove that there isn't a god God, the burden of proof isn't on thenon-believer, it's on the believer. If you tell me you have super awesome powers, you wouldn't tell me to prove that you don't as means to provethat you do. You lift a piano or jump over a shark tank or whatever. I will however submit this....My flourishing should almost be enough to prove hisnonexistence. Why is God rewarding someone that thinks he is rubbish? He isn't. He isn't real. Honestly, you should be thankful for that.

If God is real, he is an a-hole. He is the worst. Jesus was probably real....he just had messianic lunacy issues a la David Koresh. If Jesus was such a greatguy, why did he cure a leper but didn't eradicate leprosy? If he fed the starving, why didn't he end starvation? Like I said, if God is real, he is aprick. If he has ultimate control over everything, he is worse than the worst dictators. Believe that.

Your God is a jerk. I am glad he doesn't exist.

^see...that's what I hate the most about an atheist.
they cannot be content with their beliefs.....inevitably...they have to put down(note, not DISPUTE but rather INSULT) the alternate view

they cannot be content with their beliefs.....inevitably...they have to put down(note, not DISPUTE but rather INSULT) the alternate view
yup

smh.gif

I agree let's keep this civil and refrain from insults.

i like this thread i thinks its a pretty dope discussion, i think alot of yall atheist believe in the god principle more than you think, this might bcontroversial but at the highest levels, minus dogma, i dont really think there's to much a difference between theism and atheism

I am just suggesting that praising something that has the power to do good but continues to do bad doesn't make sense.� You wouldn't praise yourgirlfriend for cheating on you.

In its most simplest terms here is what i believe:

Religion and god are a man made construct to give people hope, and to give them a sense of purpose in life. I feel that it has been passed down generation togeneration, by the devoted, as it was simply all they were taught to believe from a young age.

I feel that if one simply believes in themselves to follow the concept of natural law, accept the good and bad in other people, and realize the effect ofscience/evolution etc, there would be no need for religion or a belief in any deity.

I am agnostic atheist..

While I cannot prove there isn't a god, you cannot prove to me there is, so I just go by logic. Neither of us really know, but say there is, I've donemy fair share regardless of if I am religious or not to be accepted into heaven.

Therefore I lean atheist that being said, I never bring it up unless someone starts injecting religion into a conversation because almost all interaction hasnothing to do with anything religious, so it pisses me off and I go on a tangent on religion. So much hypocrisy of it (treat others like we want to be treatedexcept we are allowed to treat homosexuals like dirt?, And if the bible is the all knowing all telling guide to live your life, no matter how much repentingyou do, you won't make it into heaven if it is true.. Then the fact of there a multiple universes.

But the only reason why I stay somewhat on the fence is because I am terrified of death, I've kept myself up countless nights because the thought of afterI die it's just overwith and the possibility of being a blip on the radar 40 years after I'm gone frightens me.

Also those people in here who are Christians I have a question. You do know Christianity is not the first religion, right? Someone else had a word of godbefore you, so if you created your own religion to worship a new god, then you are worshipping another god making you destined for hell.. SO the only key toeturnal life would be if there was only one religion, not Christianity but the first ever religion...

Back
Top Bottom