OFFICIAL Atlanta Falcons 2016 Season Thread - NFC SOUTH & CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS #RISEUP

The pain of this won't go away for a while but we had a good run guys no one can take that from us. We can only hope for the best next year.

The pain of this won't go away for a while but we had a good run guys no one can take that from us. We can only hope for the best next year.

Id love to jump on this but man we never have back to back good seasons it seems. Something always goes wrong, always.

We lost the nfc championship in '12 then tank it in '13, trash in '14, went 8-8 last year ..

Im still a ride or die i just pray it doesnt take another 18 years of my life to reach this game again. I was in 6th grade the last time, im 29 goin on 30 now.

More i talk bout it the more these tesrs flow .. somebody cuttin onions

It's all my fault. I couldn't shut up. We didn't deserve to lose let alone like this. I'm in tears.

Id love to jump on this but man we never have back to back good seasons it seems. Something always goes wrong, always.

We lost the nfc championship in '12 then tank it in '13, trash in '14, went 8-8 last year ..

Im still a ride or die i just pray it doesnt take another 18 years of my life to reach this game again. I was in 6th grade the last time, im 29 goin on 30 now.

More i talk bout it the more these tesrs flow .. somebody cuttin onions

Man my heart really felt like someone had broke it in too! I realized lastnight how much love i truly got for the team! It hurts though badly!

Stuff like this makes me miss my granddad more, he was a die hard Atlanta everything he would have loved to see this.

Sh** here i go again damn :frown:

5 days in and it still hurts like crazy. The city hasn't been the same since, its truly gut wrenching.

DQ made a pretty big play in bringing in Steve Sarkisian to be our OC. I feel like he has a lot to prove since his whole drunk USC fiasco and then Saban bringing him in as Lane Kiffen's rebound only for him to land here and we obviously have to prove to the league that we arent choke artists so I think he's gonna keep our offense potent. Im curious to see his run plays too seeing that he's know as a QB whisperer but caters to the ground and pound.

What I'm not liking is letting go of Bobby Cox. I think there was some behind the scenes beef going on with DQ and Rich Smith/Bobby Cox seeing that the rumors are pegging DQ drawing up most of the defensive play toward the end of the season and even the playoffs. I'm not to sure who we're bringing in on defense but it should be someone within the org already. Looking forward to FA and the draft as well. I wonder if we'll keep Gabriel and how cheap we can bring back Babineaux for. Lots of questions, off season should be interesting....

5 days in and it still hurts like crazy. The city hasn't been the same since, its truly gut wrenching.

DQ made a pretty big play in bringing in Steve Sarkisian to be our OC. I feel like he has a lot to prove since his whole drunk USC fiasco and then Saban bringing him in as Lane Kiffen's rebound only for him to land here and we obviously have to prove to the league that we arent choke artists so I think he's gonna keep our offense potent. Im curious to see his run plays too seeing that he's know as a QB whisperer but caters to the ground and pound.

What I'm not liking is letting go of Bobby Cox. I think there was some behind the scenes beef going on with DQ and Rich Smith/Bobby Cox seeing that the rumors are pegging DQ drawing up most of the defensive play toward the end of the season and even the playoffs. I'm not to sure who we're bringing in on defense but it should be someone within the org already. Looking forward to FA and the draft as well. I wonder if we'll keep Gabriel and how cheap we can bring back Babineaux for. Lots of questions, off season should be interesting....

Don't you get it yet? The **** is fixed. The entire emotional wavelength of a city is off cuz of some wwe ****

And even if the **** wasn't fixed y'all letting a sporting event **** with your soul smh

Last edited:
I'm still not over the fact that we lost that game and I still feel that someway we are good for next season as well think we need to add one more piece to that defense and marquand is going to do a decent job under Quinn with running the defense. I'm hoping that KC let's EB walk and he comes home and we also resign freeney for the veteran presence. Think in the draft we get another DE and then also another WR to complement julio and take some of the focus off of him and also get a TE considering we have 2 who are free agents. Thoughts on where we go in the off season since it is amongst us.

I'm still not over the fact that we lost that game and I still feel that someway we are good for next season as well think we need to add one more piece to that defense and marquand is going to do a decent job under Quinn with running the defense. I'm hoping that KC let's EB walk and he comes home and we also resign freeney for the veteran presence. Think in the draft we get another DE and then also another WR to complement julio and take some of the focus off of him and also get a TE considering we have 2 who are free agents. Thoughts on where we go in the off season since it is amongst us.

That loss is going to hurt until we get back to the SB unfortunately, especially since we had it and let it slip away :frown:

Unless we dont bring back Sanu and Gabriel then I think we are pretty good at WR with those 3 and Robinson to complimemt. Dont get me wrong we could always use some depth

Would LOVE to get Berry but man I dont see Kc letting him go or us being able to afford him, idk though.

I like Hooper, Tamme is gettin up there in age.

Agree on adding to the defense, I say add anothing lineman as well

Last edited:
That loss is going to hurt until we get back to the SB unfortunately, especially since we had it and let it slip away :frown:

Unless we dont bring back Sanu and Gabriel then I think we are pretty good at WR with those 3 and Robinson to complimemt. Dont get me wrong we could always use some depth

Would LOVE to get Berry but man I dont see Kc letting him go or us being able to afford him, idk though.

I like Hooper, Tamme is gettin up there in age.

Agree on adding to the defense, I say add anothing lineman as well
Tamme and Toilolo are free agents there has been buzz around the TE from Miami Njoku but it's all early so nothing to be all in about.

KC has a decision to make its either EB or Poe I have heard they wanna keep Poe and I'm sure EB wants to get paid but there is nothing like that home team discount right?

Gabriel is a FA as well and as of right now our talks are zeroed in on resigning trufant, Freeman, and Matthew's. Wouldn't be surprised to see us bring him (Gabriel) back in tho. Also don't forget about Devin Fuller think he and Anthony Dablè will be something to watch in the off season.

7 weeks out and it still hurts. I still think about it every single day. I replay specific plays in my head over and over. If any one of those plays goes differently we win the freaking Super Bowl. I don't think I'll ever get over it to be honest. Opportunities like that are just so rare and to blow it in that fashion makes it hurt so much more. I legit haven't watched anything football related since the game ended. It's like a bad break-up. I had to take a step away from things for a bit; had to take my mind off of it. I was close to swearing off football for good, just to ensure I'd never feel this kind of pain ever again. It's hard to believe I'm this shook up though, I thought we were going 6-10 when the season started.

7 weeks out and it still hurts. I still think about it every single day. I replay specific plays in my head over and over. If any one of those plays goes differently we win the freaking Super Bowl. I don't think I'll ever get over it to be honest. Opportunities like that are just so rare and to blow it in that fashion makes it hurt so much more. I legit haven't watched anything football related since the game ended. It's like a bad break-up. I had to take a step away from things for a bit; had to take my mind off of it. I was close to swearing off football for good, just to ensure I'd never feel this kind of pain ever again. It's hard to believe I'm this shook up though, I thought we were going 6-10 when the season started.
I still feel your pain, but I'm getting better and better everyday! We are going back to the Super Bowl! Quote me on it!

Kyle finally spoke specifically about the SB on the radio the other day and admitted he blew it lol smh then said he really didn't know what to do because he never seen our team so gassed

Just hoping for the best to be honest. Philly are the champs opening at home coming off their first ever Super Bowl. Will be extremely difficult.

The talk of firing DQ is real prisoner of the moment. We hadn’t been to the SB since Dan Reeves before him. No one wants to look past injuries or our SUPREMELY suspect offensive line that’s been a problem for like 5 seasons now.

Coaching carosel is the last thing we need. People of atlanta talking this are indeed prisoners of the moment.

Injuries are definitely a huge part, as well as the OLine. We still need to go after some corners. Alford and Trfuant just SUCK! Having Debo back is bice but aint gonna do us much of anything overall.

DQ aint going anywhere we've had good-great seasons under him, this season started off bad losing 2 key defensive guys in 1 guy. We'll be back

Back
Top Bottom