OFFICIAL AUGUST '14 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike milpitas.

They had 8-9.5 of safari foams. I think it was $90 after all said and done.
2 size 13 lebron 11 Christmas $150 -20%
Fsr of lebron xi Easter GS like $100 or something
Fsr lebron xi South Beach GS $120?
Had some free runs, 1-3.5y for $20-20%

Sorry not so sure about the price on GS lebrons. Was super crowded and I had to dip out, too crazy.

skep skep But to implicate this new policy for what gain? Unless thousands of pairs get returned only to be bought back, this change will do nothing. A few hundred returns is but a bat of an eye for Nike. Maybe even less....
Just sounds like a GM reading between the lines. The fine print as they say...

great question. only relaying the message. shes worked for nike for over 5 years. and what does it gain? prevents people from abusing the system. people that buy shoes, return in store, and buy back at a discount or have a friend hang out until they pop up on the floor for a discount. i wouldnt doubt it for a second that tone of people have taken advantage of this. or even think..... theres a release on nike.com, an employee buys it online, returns it at their store, then re-buys at a discount. if nike doesnt want an item to be discounted, it wont be. never put anything past the nike corporation.

smh i talk to a nike rep this morning about possibly finding any concords (mens sizes) and she as like "the jordan 11 retro did not launch in any size of the weekend". i swear those reps are hit or miss. the other guy i talked to was like "wow i didnt even know".

@skep But to implicate this new policy for what gain? Unless thousands of pairs get returned only to be bought back, this change will do nothing. A few hundred returns is but a bat of an eye for Nike. Maybe even less....
Just sounds like a GM reading between the lines. The fine print as they say...
great question. only relaying the message. shes worked for nike for over 5 years. and what does it gain? prevents people from abusing the system. people that buy shoes, return in store, and buy back at a discount or have a friend hang out until they pop up on the floor for a discount. i wouldnt doubt it for a second that tone of people have taken advantage of this. or even think..... theres a release on nike.com, an employee buys it online, returns it at their store, then re-buys at a discount. if nike doesnt want an item to be discounted, it wont be. never put anything past the nike corporation.
Not to belabor this discussion, but I thought the Outlet pretty much sets the price? Additionally, stuff like the Shooting Stars Pack went right back on the floor at the MSRP at all the places I saw returned to an Outlet. If in fact they deem it "highly desired," they can always resell it at the normal price. So friends simply hanging around to repurchase wouldn't work. I know I'm really going out on a limb on this one ... but I'd venture to say Nike is losinga lot more off of stolen codes than 1 pair of Beethovens. At the end of the day all of our points are moot if the manager has the authority to resell or send back as they please.

Last edited:
smh i talk to a nike rep this morning about possibly finding any concords (mens sizes) and she as like "the jordan 11 retro did not launch in any size of the weekend". i swear those reps are hit or miss. the other guy i talked to was like "wow i didnt even know".
you think the reps are bad.. in store is just as bad.. i know a couple employees/manager in smithfield and i tried to pick up a second pair and nobody had any clue as to what was going on... from what I've been told the associates aren't allowed to see the stock and they only have certain ppl that can bring a pair to the register and then nobody has access to the stock via their iPhones...i was there at peak time around 7pm and it was a zoo if you were a regular customer you had no chance at copping 

you think the reps are bad.. in store is just as bad.. i know a couple employees/manager in smithfield and i tried to pick up a second pair and nobody had any clue as to what was going on... from what I've been told the associates aren't allowed to see the stock and they only have certain ppl that can bring a pair to the register and then nobody has access to the stock via their iPhones...i was there at peak time around 7pm and it was a zoo if you were a regular customer you had no chance at copping 

not surprised in the slightest. a lot of people that work at nike are snakes man. some people are helpful, but the majority of times i dont get good cs.

Not to belabor this discussion, but I thought the Outlet pretty much sets the price? Additionally, stuff like the Shooting Stars Pack went right back on the floor at the MSRP at all the places I saw returned to an Outlet. If in fact they deem it "highly desired," they can always resell it at the normal price. So friends simply hanging around to repurchase wouldn't work. I know I'm really going out on a limb on this one ... but I'd venture to say Nike is losinga lot more off of stolen codes than 1 pair of Beethovens. At the end of the day all of our points are moot if the manager has the authority to resell or send back as they please.

but it does and the store doesn't set the price. it comes from above. they just scan the item into the system and it shows the price. if it doesn't then the product then receives a price request and is generally held until then.

Last edited:
fyi, mebane will not do phone orders on the AJKO pack (listed on the last page in this thread). i just tried and got show down.

Trust me when I tell you she isn't shady at all. She's actually the district manager and told me she has some stuff they are able to put up for sale but the new rule will not allow her to sell the Beethoven and new releases like it.

I only said this to shed light on everybody for what is to come. She brought them out from the back just to show me what someone had returned and like I said, a few employees wanted to buy them and new rules would not allow them to.

As for the AJ14 example, that's a terrible comparison considering that shoe is still on shelves at many stores. The Beethoven was an instant sellout and Nike is well aware of this.

It makes sense to me tho, think of all those shoes you have seen at the front desk at Nike stores such as Brazil pack, shooting stars, ect. If Nike.com adds them to the next restock they'll sell at full price in seconds. Outlets can sit on them for weeks with a discounted price and get no sale.

The point wasn't to say it was the best shoe out....the point was to say that it was a new release that was not out lonher than a week, but it was still returned and place on an outlet shelf. This would disregard the "can't sell new releases" theory. Now, if it was said that certain product or limited releases, then I would understand.

Got through, they said they had em for 2 days already and now phones are swamped suddenly,, sizes must be limited because I got the last 11.5

The point wasn't to say it was the best shoe out....the point was to say that it was a new release that was not out lonher than a week, but it was still returned and place on an outlet shelf. This would disregard the "can't sell new releases" theory. Now, if it was said that certain product or limited releases, then I would understand.

No, but it want as readily available either. I don't make the rules, I'm just relaying them. I don't know the limitations and guidelines. I'm sure when they scan the shoe in their system it flags them and alerts them on what they can do with it.

As of last night, Great Mall Milpitas still has stacks of size 8.5 Safari Foams at the counter for $129.99

one pair of Jordan Future ALL GREY sz 9.5 for 129.99

Lebron XI Hornets on shelves

Lebron X Volts 129.99 on shelves 

I keep forgetting some recent futures have been popping up. May need to wait for those Labor Day markdowns and try a pair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom