OFFICIAL AUGUST '14 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Az mills

30% off all shoes
30% off almost all shirts including dri fit

Pretty dry up in there.

Kids footlocker sale

Kobe ix hightop for $79.99 all cw except Masterpiece and team colorway

That box top is missing so I assume that single pair is from the hash.

So that gets 30% off but the pairs on the shelfs don't get the promo.

If you know an employee you can get them to cut the tops off and get the discount.
What would happen if you just rip the boxtop off yourself?

There was a sz 12 in the BHM 1s in the black/purple colorway in the San Leando, CA clearance Nike Store. I was about to buy them but what bothered me and why I didn't was because there were no shoe laces and the insoles were gone. I asked for the store manager to give an extra discount and he was kind enough to allow 10% off. Asking Price on box was 69.99 for anyone interested.

Sorry if this isn't the right spot but I was hoping you guys could help me with something since almost everyone here has bought something from a Nike store. I purchased some shoes back in March from my local Nike factory store. I haven't worn them and ultimately dont think I will since they are just a little too big. They've just been sitting in my closet. After reading my receipt it seems like I should be able to return them since they are unworn and are still in new condition. What is confusing me is the wording. In particular the "30 days" part. So if its within 30 days you can return stuff  for ANY reason? Worn? Stepped in dog crap? Give you blisters? It's OK to return them? After 30 days you can still return items if they're unworn? What is the cutoff time frame? Months? Years? Indefinitely? It also states Refunds will be issued based on the original form of payment. Is that for all returns? Or just the ones within 30 days? It also says "We reserve the right to limit returns/exchanges made with or without receipts for any reason." which seems really sketchy and contradicts all of the previous information the receipt gives.

Last edited:
What would happen if you just rip the boxtop off yourself?

Please don't do that. It's dishonest.

That's like swapping tags or placing shoes into different boxes hoping to pull a fast one on the staff at the registers. The system tells them what should be in that box.

Also keep in mind the warranty is 2 years from production date not sale date.

Uuhh.... Not from my experience. How would that even make sense? Some of the stuff Nike sells sits for a year, two, or more. So if you buy an item produced two years ago you're screwed? Nah. I've warrantied a pair that was two years past production. And I had bought it just shy of two years prior.

Last edited:

That's like swapping tags or placing shoes into different boxes hoping to pull a fast one on the staff at the registers. The system tells them what should be in that box.
I wasn't asking to try to rip any box tops or saying that I was even thinking that. I only really go to San Leandro anyway and there every boxtop is gone unless they haven't gotten to it or it's a counter shoe, but thx for the lesson in ethics.

Not trying to step on any toes, but that isn't true at all. You could rip the box top off but most employees would know if its hash or not. Might get lucky if you go to the teenage girl on the register, but there is not a coding system, but your honestly going to scheme that hard for an extra 20 or 30 percent? 

brand new, unworn shoes can be returned up to 2 years later. 30 day policy covers worn/used shoes.
2 year period is also pertaining to warranty, if the shoe has any defects.
Thank you for the information.

Not trying to step on any toes, but that isn't true at all. You could rip the box top off but most employees would know if its hash or not. Might get lucky if you go to the teenage girl on the register, but there is not a coding system, but your honestly going to scheme that hard for an extra 20 or 30 percent? 
You'd be shocked how far some people go to save less than that.

My criminal law class had a whole section on how this is theft lol

My criminal law class had a whole section on how this is theft lol

I had a conversation with an employee at the local factory store and he said that the box top ripping and box swapping and sticker swapping happens on a daily basis multiple times a day.

People putting KDs in a cheap runner box for example like the staff on the registers won't notice. They are told to call the person out too in hopes they won't do it again.

It's a crazy world we live in and people's definition of right and wrong has become very distorted.

False.

Happens plenty of times where shoes end up on the hash for a multiple amount of reasons.

The only "coding" is on the sticker color and price.

I have on several occasions seen a shoe with a ripped box top and a lower price on the hash wall when they have the same shoe in multiple sizes in a bay on the floor for a higher price with a boxtop.

I think these normally exist from returned items so they are dropped to the hash wall.

Ethical dilemma?

... It is theft.
I'm pretty sure we went back an forth on this when the survey coupon ordeal took place. I feel no need to debate you.

On a relevant note, fnl is having their end of season sale. Lots of different flyknits for good prices.

Just to divert your guys attentions away from the boxes, the KD 6 elite hero is now available for 139.99 on footlocker and affiliated sites

Also keep in mind the warranty is 2 years from production date not sale date.

Uuhh.... Not from my experience. How would that even make sense? Some of the stuff Nike sells sits for a year, two, or more. So if you buy an item produced two years ago you're screwed? Nah. I've warrantied a pair that was two years past production. And I had bought it just shy of two years prior.
Your experience may be different than the stated company policy and my experience. http://help-en-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29785/p/3897#policy
I ain't mad that you had a positive result returning your defective pair but not a good idea to give false information. If you buy an item produced more than 2 years ago you'd still have the 30 days from date of sale to return.

Last edited:
False.

Happens plenty of times where shoes end up on the hash for a multiple amount of reasons.

The only "coding" is on the sticker color and price.

I think we're mincing words here, but bottom line is that a ripped box top doesn't guarantee that a shoe is on hash and subject to an additional 20% off during a sale. It also means that ripping a box top off a regularly priced shoe is more often than not a waste of time and destruction of NKE property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom