Official Authentic OTHER Sports Jersey Post Vol. Not NBA

Earl Thomas Elite for $125!

A bit of a story on my latest pick up, which is actually a gift for my future FIL.

My fiancée’s family is pretty deeply involved with baseball, her grandfather coached at Southern Miss for a very long time after an extremely short stint in the minors (glass jaw ended his time during Spring Training). The field at Southern Miss is named after him. Her father never played past the college level, but took his experience growing up and dove tailed it into a job as a history teacher and coach at a local Catholic high school, they won state back in their first year and again in 96, but I think he finally gave up coaching in the 2000s.

When I first met the family I noticed this ancient looking print on his memorabilia shelf, it’s a minor league team, and when I asked about it I found out that his grandfather played on the team at the turn of the century.

Ebbets will make pretty much any jersey you request provided you can fill in the details. I ordered this back in September, we had a few back and forth discussions over the wool, collar, and embroidery. They finally got around to shipping it last week, and this morning the post office dropped it off at the house.

I can’t wait to see the look on his face when he opens this up on Christmas morning.

Awesome, Mints!

Great story. And, great jersey.

Anything involving jerseys is always that much more special and enjoyable when you know the history behind all the stuff. As I said prior, I haven't even popped the tags off half the jerseys I own, but I'm a sports history buff - baseball foremost - so, it's still a treat to own certain items.

Great story and that's amazing that they make the jerseys for you. I didn't know they did that.

Where's the white Archie jersey???

Great story and that's amazing that they make the jerseys for you. I didn't know they did that.

Where's the white Archie jersey???

Don't even get me started on FedEx. I put a vacation hold that ended Sunday so they could deliver it yesterday. I had a super light day at work and rushed home, sat around for HOURS waiting and finally at 5 I get a delivery exception that they're not even attempting until today. Today I was a little busier, but still had a chance to get to my house for lunch only to find a We Missed You tag on the door. I missed them by about 14 minutes.

Signed the leave it on the porch notice, and will hopefully get a chance to run home early tomorrow to check on it then.

Finally got my Archie Manning in.

I don't know if it's because the jerseys were cut differently in that era, but the sleeves on this one are ridiculous, they come below my elbow. Everything else fits the way I expect it to in my size, but the sleeves. I'm half tempted to take it to a tailor to have the sleeves shortened a little.

Also there's a few specks from the packing material stuck to the screened graphics, I was able to get the bigger bits off with my finger tips, but I may need to sit there with a moist towel to remove the rest.

Last edited:
^ does it fit like the black one? I don't know if you have it or not. Sleeves do look pretty big. Nice jersey though

I never picked up the black one, I've got WAY too many black Saints jerseys so I never went after it when it was highly available. I put it up against my Bobby Hebert that I think came out in 07 or so, and the Manning is just slightly longer in the sleeves, so it's probably more of a mental thing, and the added weight from the heavy screened stripes.

I also swung by the Superdome and picked up a cheap as hell Jo Lonn Dunbar team issued for $25, no pictures of that one though, I had to bury it in the closet so my girl doesn't flip out over yet another jersey coming into the house. It looks like he may have actually worn it though the numbers are considerably looser than on a new jersey.

Has anyone here managed to get a team issued or game worn Nike Elite-51 jersey? If so, are they still made in the US? I hope that by next season some team issued Nike's start showing up at the team store because I'm hooked on buying these for cheap now.

^ I've seen a couple on eBay. Doesn't answer your question but look out for them. I've been looking for a Giants Nike on eBay but no luck.

Last edited:
Yeah the ones I've seen never seem to have photos of the inside tag with the tell tale, MADE IN BERLIN, WI. I'd love to find out they're still the ones making the nylon for the NFL after all these years.

Hey guys quick question. Is it possible to take in a Football jersey to make the pit to pit length smaller? I was looking at an older run M&N Football jersey that would be a little big on me from pit to pit but I really want this piece. Thanks for any help.

Hey guys quick question. Is it possible to take in a Football jersey to make the pit to pit length smaller? I was looking at an older run M&N Football jersey that would be a little big on me from pit to pit but I really want this piece. Thanks for any help.

A local tailor should be able to do it, it'd help to bring them a jersey that you're happy with the fit to show them exactly how you want it to drape on you. Shouldn't cost you more than like 20-30 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom