~~~*** Official Automotive Thread ***~~~

That Camaro SS
smh.gif
my god
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://www.leftlanenews.c...adillac-cts-v-coupe.html

When the summer of 2010 rolls around, Cadillac will have a seriously fast, two-door sports cars roaming the streets - the CTS-V Coupe. Testing is underway and we've justspied this very production-looking prototype cruising the rural roads of Michigan.

A V-series version of the CTS Coupe seemed in doubt, when in February, GM shocked enthusiasts by announcing that the High Performance Vehicle Operations teamwas being disbanded. The HPVO crew, responsible for the V-series Cadillacs, Chevy Cobalt SS and HHR SS were now said to be off working on regular cars. Thesephotos, shot in the last 24 hours, show the hi-po team has one more trick up their sleeve.

Compared to the prototypes we saw last year, these new prototypes look almost production ready down to the two massive, center-mount exhaust outlets,larger, sportier wheels and V-series badging. We can also see that this new prototype is NOT sporting cross-drilled rotors as the first prototypes were.Additionally, pieces of black tape cover the V-series badges just behind the front wheels.

Other V-series parts include the wire mesh grilles, power dome hood, wider tires and large brake calipers. Under that power dome hood sits the 6.2L,supercharged V8 motor known as the LSA. Good for 556hp and 551 ft lbs in the CTS-V sedan, we expect the Coupe V ratings to be very similar.

Expect the V-series to coupe to start production in the summer of 2010 at the same time the regular coupe starts rolling down the line at Lansing GrandRiver.

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

I want this thing so bad but I might have to settle for the reg v6.

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by nyrican23

I don't but I've been looking into one. What are your plans for it? keep it stock or mod it? There is very little maintenance and reliability is great.

I'm just looking at '05s and '06s and I'm shocked at how cheap they are. My goal is to get one before next summer. Trick is finding one that hasn't been abused.

Most likely, I would keep it stock. I like the stock AP2 wheels so at very most I would throw on some coil-overs and call it a day.
then you should be good and more than happy with it. If you get some low offset rims and slam it, then you"ll have have some work cutout ofyou

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable
sick.... how much is the ss going for? i dont know why but i would cop one.... i would def murder it out

camaro and challenger look best in black imo
transformers has made yellow da OG color for da camaro...any other color looks like a retro + to me.

My car at the SpeedElement Re-Grand opening, actually right across the street from my dad's shop. (Fremont, CA)
Photos courtesy of John Killingbeck.

9930_102369189780010_100000207873141_66236_676482_n.jpg

9930_102369183113344_100000207873141_66234_3748105_n.jpg

9930_102369186446677_100000207873141_66235_6712371_n.jpg

Last December we brought you spy shots of the next-generation Nissan Patrol SUV, and now images of the 2011 Infiniti QX have emerged, revealing the next-gen luxury SUV to be based on the same platform. The images, captured at what appears to be an invitation-only event, reveal the SUV's large chrome grille and vaguely Kia Soul-like profile.

Earlier this year Nissan ceased production of the QX56 and the Nissan Armada on which it was based, leaving Nissan and Infiniti without a full-size SUV to take their places. As we pointed out last year, however, the next-gen foreign-market Nissan Patrol, is the most likely candidate for a replacement.

Comparing those spy photos to the newly-snapped 2011 Infiniti QX makes it clear that both vehicles wear the same underclothes, though the QX's new grille and headlight treatment definitely set it apart from its workaday cousin. Comparisons to the Nissan Cube and Kia Soul are also likely, as something about the vehicle's proportions remind the eye of those smaller crossover/hatches as well, though that may come down to the odd angles and semi-fish-eye view of the 2011 QX in these grainy shots.

Our sources tell us that the 2011 Infiniti QX is intended as a Range Rover competitor, which could also put it on the same playing field as the Lexus LX10, both of which currently start about $20,000 higher than the phased-out QX56's $56,050 starting price. The entry-level Range Rover Sport, however, starts at just $60,000, leaving the door open for Infiniti to slip in just below Lexus's range-topping SUV.

It's not yet known what sort of power the QX will get, though a big, torquey V-8 is almost a certainty given its place in the market. A 3.0-liter V-6 is also available from the Nissan-Renault alliance, and with the way fuel economy and emissions regulations are going, it could potentially see service in the U.S. as well, making the the QX a potential cross-shop to the Audi Q7 TDI.

With so many variables in the air as to configuration, target market segment, and equipment level, pricing of the 2011 Infiniti QX is anyone's guess, though it'll likely need to stick between the outgoing QX's $56,000 base price and the $80,000 range of the upper-end Lexus and Range Rovers SUVs.

The vehicle isn't expected to make its debut in Infiniti trim until sometime in 2010.

2011-infiniti-qx-spy-shot_100228419_m.jpg
2011-infiniti-qx-spy-shot_100228420_m.jpg

[h1][/h1]
[h1]2010 Hyundai EQUUS Stretch Edition Official Revealed[/h1]By eauto

Hyundai Motor Co. today began receiving orders for the long wheelbase edition of its most luxurious car, the EQUUS.

The stretch edition offers several upgraded features from the normal sedan version, including differentiated exterior designs and longer overall length. The engine and other functions have been reinforced to attain first-class performance, safety, comfort and convenience.

With the comfort of passengers at the forefront of its design principle, the EQUUS Limousine, as it is named in Korea, offers passengers unparalleled levels of interior volume. The vehicle's length is longer than major competitors by as much as 310 mm, with backseat legroom as much as 376 mm longer, as well.

To differentiate it from the EQUUS sedan, the stretch version is equipped with an exclusive horizontal cross-bar radiator grille with an emblem in the center. Thus, the exterior image exudes an impression of strength and confidence, in line with the vehicle's elegant image.

EQUUS Limousine comes with a choice of two sophisticated engines: The Lambda 3.8L engine and the Tau 5.0L engine. The Tau 5.0 engine, applied to the stretch version for the first time, is a reinforced version of the Tau 4.6L engine that won the 2009 Ward's 10 Best Engines award.

With a maximum output of 400ps and a peak torque rating of 51.0kg, the stretch version outperforms its competitors, such as the Lexus LS460L and Mercedes S500L by 20ps and 12ps, respectively.

The power-driven footrest, the world's first, along with Rear Seat Leg Support, Relax Posture Control and Massage System function, allows passengers the most comfortable driving experience found today.

The price for the long wheelbase edition EQUUS ranges from 135 million won to 146 million won (approximately US$113,000 to US$122,180, based on today's currency exchange rates).

Additionally, Hyundai has successfully developed a bulletproof version of the long wheelbase EQUUS and has donated three units to the Blue House (the Korean Presidential Residence). Hyundai is the first Korean company - and one of a handful worldwide - to develop a bulletproof car with its own technology.

Originally Posted by jdidkc

My car at the SpeedElement Re-Grand opening, actually right across the street from my dad's shop. (Fremont, CA)

pimp.gif
Nice fam.

Those RZs or RS rims? Dope.
pimp.gif

sick.gif
at the Infiniti monstrosity.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

pimp.gif
Nice fam.

pimp.gif

sick.gif

Look like RS to me

pimp.gif
Nice fam.

pimp.gif

sick.gif
Thanks. They are RS's, im going for Mag Blue TE37s soon though. or i might paint my car, not sure yet.

At the end of the day, if you want a car that can drive fast AND handle, don't buy american. American companies can invest all their money into makingtheir cars go fast in a straight line but completely ignore the handling or reliability aspect of it.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

At the end of the day, if you want a car that can drive fast AND handle, don't buy american. American companies can invest all their money into making their cars go fast in a straight line but completely ignore the handling or reliability aspect of it.
#weoffthat

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

At the end of the day, if you want a car that can drive fast AND handle, don't buy american. American companies can invest all their money into making their cars go fast in a straight line but completely ignore the handling or reliability aspect of it.
#weoffthat
#webackon(pause)

Yeah they drive fast in a straight line and the cabin is noisy as %+@% and you like you're gonna die.

In a german saloon or coupe you hear little to no noise and the ride is stable as shhhhh.

pimp.gif
Nice fam.

pimp.gif

sick.gif
Thanks. They are RS's, im going for Mag Blue TE37s soon though. or i might paint my car, not sure yet.

Mag Blue TE37s.
pimp.gif

They would look AWESOME on silver Evo. I woudnt paint the car, grab those Mag Blues instead. Then again, you probably dropped a good amount on the Advans.

Got a pretty good deal on the Advans, just 1500, and i had some tires to throw on too, yeaa i love the mag blue on silver look too.

^thanks, probly gnna throw the wing back on for the winter thoughh so the holes don't rust or crack.

Back
Top Bottom