Official Backpack Broadcasting Sports Thread! Vol. The Best In One Man Band Sports Journalism

pimp.gif

^Went to Pitt and graduated in 2005. If you are looking to get into keep at it my dude and create your own opportunities. Learn not only to report but to shoot and edit so you can do it all. The more you can do in this industry the more valuable you will become.

Thanks for the well wishes and support man....trying to create my own opportunity with this right now.

^Went to Pitt and graduated in 2005. If you are looking to get into keep at it my dude and create your own opportunities. Learn not only to report but to shoot and edit so you can do it all. The more you can do in this industry the more valuable you will become.

Thanks for the well wishes and support man....trying to create my own opportunity with this right now.

i haven't watched many of the vids but are you just doing day-to-day type reporting? like reactions after games, quote snippets, injury reports? these sound-byte type videos aren't going to get you a big following. the type of vids i'd personally find more interesting would be like your analysis of the game over actual game footage so when you say "the jets corners blanketed the pats receivers" you're showing me actual footage of that happening (i think the nfl and nba are extremely lenient of youtubers posting game footage, mlb no). something in print would be nice too. there's already massive competition out there though. but if you're good, the cream rises to the top. good luck, i admire the hard work you've obviously put in

i haven't watched many of the vids but are you just doing day-to-day type reporting? like reactions after games, quote snippets, injury reports? these sound-byte type videos aren't going to get you a big following. the type of vids i'd personally find more interesting would be like your analysis of the game over actual game footage so when you say "the jets corners blanketed the pats receivers" you're showing me actual footage of that happening (i think the nfl and nba are extremely lenient of youtubers posting game footage, mlb no). something in print would be nice too. there's already massive competition out there though. but if you're good, the cream rises to the top. good luck, i admire the hard work you've obviously put in

^Yeah Flash I have been doing various reporting/packages and feature pieces and also post-game analysis of different events/games I have covered. Today I happened to just put together bites and sometimes I have just put up individual bite videos (only if there was a great or important soundbite). For the most part I do reports and packages which take people "inside the locker room" and to the practice fields and courts and also I have done previews and post-game reports.

As far as using game-footage that is a no-no due to liscensing rights which only few media outlets hold and online they can only be up for 48 hours if you even have the permission to do so.

For those that do not know this is not something that I have JUST started doing I am also a sports writer, videographer (shooter, producer, and edito) and have reported on-camera and done work for various sites such as CineSport, CBSSports.com, Daily News, NYPost.com etc.

I have noticed that people tend to like feature packages as well as previews and post-game reports. Things that take you inside the locker room....I would love to do analysis over actual game-footage but that's just not possible right now. As far as print goes Flash I plan to incorporate that which I also do into an eventual website. My goal is to create something that gives power to the people in journalism as far as creating "our own news."

Flash I appreciate you checking out the videos and respecting the hard work. Continue to support and comment and give feedback. Follow me on twitter and subscribe to the channel and stay tuned for more "rising to the top."
happy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/us...roadcasting?feature=mhum

BTWprops to my dude MezOne a very talented producer who has produced music for my content!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^Yeah Flash I have been doing various reporting/packages and feature pieces and also post-game analysis of different events/games I have covered. Today I happened to just put together bites and sometimes I have just put up individual bite videos (only if there was a great or important soundbite). For the most part I do reports and packages which take people "inside the locker room" and to the practice fields and courts and also I have done previews and post-game reports.

As far as using game-footage that is a no-no due to liscensing rights which only few media outlets hold and online they can only be up for 48 hours if you even have the permission to do so.

For those that do not know this is not something that I have JUST started doing I am also a sports writer, videographer (shooter, producer, and edito) and have reported on-camera and done work for various sites such as CineSport, CBSSports.com, Daily News, NYPost.com etc.

I have noticed that people tend to like feature packages as well as previews and post-game reports. Things that take you inside the locker room....I would love to do analysis over actual game-footage but that's just not possible right now. As far as print goes Flash I plan to incorporate that which I also do into an eventual website. My goal is to create something that gives power to the people in journalism as far as creating "our own news."

Flash I appreciate you checking out the videos and respecting the hard work. Continue to support and comment and give feedback. Follow me on twitter and subscribe to the channel and stay tuned for more "rising to the top."
happy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/us...roadcasting?feature=mhum

BTWprops to my dude MezOne a very talented producer who has produced music for my content!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom