*Official BIG K.R.I.T.***New Album***:: "KRIT IZ HERE" OUT JULY 12 2019!! "KRIT HERE" OUT NOW!!!

My factory speakers probably won't survive this entire album

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] So true. I miss my two 12" W6's. Went to 2 Best Buys to find that exclusive.

So i have listened to the album a good 5 times already.  I think it is a solid 9/10.  I have the deluxe best buy version.

Tracks 1-9 are damn near flawless (except Wiz) and so well put together and paced.  The song order is excellent the album flows so well.

Tracks 10-13 aren't bad but def a little let off after the first 9.  I actually like third eye.  Its a great love song, but the chorus just gets a little annoying.

The album finishes with Saturdays and Lost Generation.  Which are both excellent.  Production on Saturdays is vintage Krit.  And Lupe's verse on Lost Generation is phenomenal.

The bonus tracks are all good.  I agree that the OG Mt. Olympus is better but like its been said, that song is so good it had to make the album in one way or another and i don't think it really lost too much.  The song is made by Krits aggressive raps not the sample he couldn't get cleared.  Lac Lac is super smooth and Let it show seems like a throw away mix tape banger.  Much appreciated for throwing that in there Krit.

I don't know what else could have been expected to make this better.  Drop Wiz, maybe get a J. Cole feature its asking a lot but i would die to hear krit with outkast.  But the album has 0 skippable tracks.  It has club songs, car bangers, slow songs, a poem, vintage southern feel, modern day feel.....This is the album Krit was made to put out.  Everyone should own this album

Caddilac lac lac lac :pimp:

Lowkey he stole that Biiiihh ad-lib from Chief Keef tho.

Last edited:
So i have listened to the album a good 5 times already.  I think it is a solid 9/10.  I have the deluxe best buy version.
Tracks 1-9 are damn near flawless (except Wiz) and so well put together and paced.  The song order is excellent the album flows so well.

Tracks 10-13 aren't bad but def a little let off after the first 9.  I actually like third eye.  Its a great love song, but the chorus just gets a little annoying.
The album finishes with Saturdays and Lost Generation.  Which are both excellent.  Production on Saturdays is vintage Krit.  And Lupe's verse on Lost Generation is phenomenal.

The bonus tracks are all good.  I agree that the OG Mt. Olympus is better but like its been said, that song is so good it had to make the album in one way or another and i don't think it really lost too much.  The song is made by Krits aggressive raps not the sample he couldn't get cleared.  Lac Lac is super smooth and Let it show seems like a throw away mix tape banger.  Much appreciated for throwing that in there Krit.

I don't know what else could have been expected to make this better.  Drop Wiz, maybe get a J. Cole feature its asking a lot but i would die to hear krit with outkast.  But the album has 0 skippable tracks.  It has club songs, car bangers, slow songs, a poem, vintage southern feel, modern day feel.....This is the album Krit was made to put out.  Everyone should own this album

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I will say that i have noticed a couple of comments about the 2nd half of the album slowing down but I have no problem with the approach he took(same pace as his other albums) and he basically described the album slowing down and focusing on maturer content in the 2nd half in all his promo interviews

I personally think the 2nd half of the album is where it elevates it from being a great rap album, to being a great album period.

"Do You Love Me For Real" and "Third Eye" are both excellent in my opinion. How can you not like the melodies and just vibe out and sing along?!?

The last two records that close out the album are flawless. I know it wont happen but Saturdays=Celebration should be Grammy nominated!

The remaining songs that could go either way are maybe Mo Better Cool and Angels.... the production on Mo Better Cool saves the day. Its just so smooth but the song overall doesn't surpass "Moon and the Stars" or "Pull Up"

“Angels” is a record that is going to be a stand out for a lot of ppl and I really don’t have any knocks on the song but in terms of placement… I understand its following 3 straight laid back songs with heavy singing so I can see a need for a change of pace

But at the same time would that throw off the sequencing of the album? Like say he went and created a song like “King Without a Crown” or “Kings and Queens“ to replace “Angels” would that have been a better fit? I say no, but create that type of song place it on the 2nd half of the album and remove Pay Attention and this is a universal 10/10.

I think the album is free of flaws for the most part… Pay Attention is a bit of a misstep but other than that it’s a damn good album and should be in the running with KRIT Wuz Here and Return of 4eva for his best work.

Last edited:
It's really ll difficult not to play Mind Control multiple times.

I'm pretty sure my wife is tired of me telling her I'm going to control her mind.

Last edited:
I'll give a full review later (look at me thinking I'm a music crtitic) but one listen in this album is dope. My favorite song is Saturdays = Celebrations :wow: :nerd:

Album is great.
-Mo Better Cool is smooth. Love it when KRIT and Devin link up. Bun and Sant came correct too.
-My Sub pt. 3 is fire
-King of the South..........my goodness
-Wiz on Mind Control doesn't make the song any less dope, but I could picture Outkast, or at least Big Boi and maybe Too $hort on it.
-Angels and Third Eye are dope.
-the sequencing of this album is great.

Gonna run this down some more

Back
Top Bottom