Official Bitcoin Thread

I'll never understand Coin maximalism. A lot of these coins will make you money. You don't need to choose one :lol:
I seem to have the opposite problem in that there's not enough cash to spread round all the great projects coming out.

ETH's advantage is so big that we've been hearing about ETH killers for so long but yet here we are. They also have the most developers so improvements are always coming.
Right now there is $42 Billion locked up in DeFi in ETH and people think ETH will die. I wouldn't make any claims about ETH dying until Optimism roll ups and ETH 2.0 are here.

ADA's tech is looking good and they've made sure they've taken their time to research but at the moment, there's no dapps and apart from COTI, I don't know anyone else who's commited to building on ADA. One thing in I've learnt in crypto is roadmaps and plans don't mean nothing until it's executed. Avalanche launched last month and a bug crippled it and it's meant to be one of the ETH killers so they had to go back to the drawing board.

Once ADA is up and running, I will be looking to scoop up some of their dapps because if ADA is as good as they claim then a dapp or token will have better ROI. ADA is not going to give you no 10x from here. If you got in early though then hold till the moon but personally, I don't buy top coins at their all time highs unless there's a very good case that it's going to up. If you're a trader then yea thats all fine but if your a hodler then it's risky IMO.

This is how people got rekt in 2018. So many coins have this chart. I personally like to find solid coins at lower market caps that are undervalued and have room to grow.

1615393986377.png

1615394144574.png

Polkadot to me has gone about this in the best way. They basically said, ETH is not going anyway. Interoperability is the future of blockchains so lets connect to everyone. ETH is where all the money is so lemme get access to that money. They bootstrapped their ecosystem with grants to so many teams to build all sorts of dapps, wallets and tools and as a result, they're probably the 3rd biggest ecosystem behind Eth and Cosmos in a shorter period of time.

Then there are other blockchains with solid tech as well like Solana and Elrond where there is still so much money to be made.
Solana has been building their ecosystem and theystrong ties with the guys behind FTX exchange so I don't expect them to fail.

I would've jumped on Serum and Raydium earlier if I had the cash.

So much money to be made. I didn't even go into NFT's, scaling, oracles etc

1615395025308.png

1615395152915.png

1615395177383.png

New challanger enters the ring.
Similar to Celsius and Nexo.

One to look at for those wanting passive income. 20% APY :wow:
Market cap is 82 million compared to Celsius 2 Billion and Nexo's 1.3 billion so the token itself might also be a good buy.
Will probably buy and keep for the long haul.

Last edited:
I'll never understand Coin maximalism. A lot of these coins will make you money. You don't need to choose one :lol:
I seem to have the opposite problem in that there's not enough cash to spread round all the great projects coming out.

ETH's advantage is so big that we've been hearing about ETH killers for so long but yet here we are. They also have the most developers so improvements are always coming.
Right now there is $42 Billion locked up in DeFi in ETH and people think ETH will die. I wouldn't make any claims about ETH dying until Optimism roll ups and ETH 2.0 are here.

ADA's tech is looking good and they've made sure they've taken their time to research but at the moment, there's no dapps and apart from COTI, I don't know anyone else who's commited to building on ADA. One thing in I've learnt in crypto is roadmaps and plans don't mean nothing until it's executed. Avalanche launched last month and a bug crippled it and it's meant to be one of the ETH killers so they had to go back to the drawing board.

Once ADA is up and running, I will be looking to scoop up some of their dapps because if ADA is as good as they claim then a dapp or token will have better ROI. ADA is not going to give you no 10x from here. If you got in early though then hold till the moon but personally, I don't buy top coins at their all time highs unless there's a very good case that it's going to up. If you're a trader then yea thats all fine but if your a hodler then it's risky IMO.

This is how people got rekt in 2018. So many coins have this chart. I personally like to find solid coins at lower market caps that are undervalued and have room to grow.

1615393986377.png

1615394144574.png

Polkadot to me has gone about this in the best way. They basically said, ETH is not going anyway. Interoperability is the future of blockchains so lets connect to everyone. ETH is where all the money is so lemme get access to that money. They bootstrapped their ecosystem with grants to so many teams to build all sorts of dapps, wallets and tools and as a result, they're probably the 3rd biggest ecosystem behind Eth and Cosmos in a shorter period of time.

Then there are other blockchains with solid tech as well like Solana and Elrond where there is still so much money to be made.
Solana has been building their ecosystem and theystrong ties with the guys behind FTX exchange so I don't expect them to fail.

I would've jumped on Serum and Raydium earlier if I had the cash.

So much money to be made. I didn't even go into NFT's, scaling, oracles etc
Great stuff!

I think Buterin quite frankly panicked and realized he was about to be surpassed by these other projects. I think he is underestimating the complexity (or is lying about it because I am sure he knows) of the transactions and TPS estimates until 2.0 is rolled out.

Make no mistake, even with Optimism, ETH only has its first-move advantage, i.e. your $42 billion number, relative to its competitors. They are simply not as advanced from a technology standpoint. The question is if it can make enough progress to hold that advantage.

But new dapps are choosing other platforms overwhelmingly. That will lead to network effects that you cant stop if you are ETH. Especially as the more mature dapps start rolling out.

ETH is my 3rd largest holding btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: wr
Which app are you guys buying ADA on?

In NY so I can't use binance
Binance is awful either way. I submitted documents on 1.29 and I still have yet to receive approval on all of the steps to deposit and withdrawal fiat. It's annoying, only place I could get ADA at was eToro and I'm not a fan of their platform so my deposit was minimal.

Which app are you guys buying ADA on?

In NY so I can't use binance
Download atomic wallet....

Or

Free wallet.org

Buy a coin .. transfer to wallet... Swap your coins for a fee (atomic wallet) or smaller fee (free wallet)...

You don't have to BUY with usd. Use other cryptos as an on ramp to get what you need.

I can't buy xrp in NY so I gotta get it how I get it.

Still copping xrp weekly.

Last edited:
I’m cool on these altcoins right now. I think going forward I’m just going to set up my weekly average into Bitcoin only.

Yeah I used to get hyped over crypto and try and get everything.

I’m just eth, btc and DNT when it dips.

I don’t even look at prices anymore really except Monday when I buy. The thrill wore off.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but I legit almost had some tears looking at Matic.

I had a buy in at .07 a minute ago. **** is crushing me right now.

Back
Top Bottom