Official Bitcoin Thread

You gotta think someone with millions of dollars is about to invest in crypto for the very first time based on the news of the past 3 months. What do you think will be the logical choice for that crowd who will soon outnumber all us early folk? To someone coming from traditional investments do you think they'll go with a coin that can fork and run off gpus in a dark warehouse in a country we may or may not agree with or a transparant company promoting a protocol for web payments with a decentralized digital asset? Think about it beyond the early tribalism around each of these coins and think how this looks to someone on the outside who doesn't understand.
Someone with millions of dollars isn't investing in something they don't understand.

Someone with millions of dollars isn't investing in something they don't understand.

Exactly. When their traditional stock market crashes and crypto is now available on the same exchange as stocks, do you think they'll understand a mineable coin with wild volatility in the thousands of dollars, or the pre mined digital asset, promoting a protocol built into the internet for payments with clear use case and a company behind it under a dollar?

I'm basically saying that institutions are just now setting up to buy into crypto. Not just regular folks like us anymore. What coins so you think they'll be going with first?

Exactly. When their traditional stock market crashes and crypto is now available on the same exchange as stocks, do you think they'll understand a mineable coin with wild volatility in the thousands of dollars, or the pre mined digital asset, promoting a protocol built into the internet for payments with clear use case and a company behind it under a dollar?

I'm basically saying that institutions are just now setting up to buy into crypto. Not just regular folks like us anymore. What coins so you think they'll be going with first?
I'm saying million dollar investors are going to understand it all before investing. They aren't investing in one bc the other is too complicated for them.

Last year at this time, I thought I would have enough to pay my wedding in full by 2019. Now, I dont even think I can afford a dinner for my fiance.

Cypto = The Millennial Beanie baby, prove me wrong. RIP Cypto.

Same, and I know those feels brah.

Trust me when I tell you no one on this board lost as much as I did.

It was a learning experience I got greedy when I was up... way up. My wife told me to take out the money I invested that way I'm only playing with house money, but I was up so much I thought investing more would have meant more profits.

Now we just chalked it up as a loss at this point. I had to get the lecture yesterday while we were headed to the wedding venue to do a tasting of the food.

I know a lot of people are speculating that it will bounce back but I don't think it will but I'm hoping and praying it does.

If it does bounce back that would be great, but as I said we've already accepted the fact that money is gone and it was very expensive lesson/gamble that I will have to learn from.

Edit - and yes it's HODL until 0 for me.

Although I agree that a 51% attack on BTC would mean the end of it, anybody that could get the resources to get to 51% would not do it because they understand the implication.

I was told some mining pool started refusing people when they got close to 51%.

Same, and I know those feels brah.

Trust me when I tell you no one on this board lost as much as I did.

It was a learning experience I got greedy when I was up... way up. My wife told me to take out the money I invested that way I'm only playing with house money, but I was up so much I thought investing more would have meant more profits.

Now we just chalked it up as a loss at this point. I had to get the lecture yesterday while we were headed to the wedding venue to do a tasting of the food.

I know a lot of people are speculating that it will bounce back but I don't think it will but I'm hoping and praying it does.

If it does bounce back that would be great, but as I said we've already accepted the fact that money is gone and it was very expensive lesson/gamble that I will have to learn from.

Edit - and yes it's HODL until 0 for me.

I’m down a whollle lot too. Smh. Too much man.

Bch is trash..

Bch ABC sv all that stuff is basura... btc will remain the King of crypto , most people are too short sighted and too greedy to see the future...

Xrp will be a life changer for alot of people.. I'm throwing a stack on ripple this week...

Felt like I've been throwing my money away all year. Been living blunt to blunt.

A6767E65-AE16-4AAE-A7B0-6074DEC2E2A1.jpeg

Sunk cost fallacy is killing too many in the crypto world.

What exactly is the point of HODLing until you lose as much money as possible? When you can cut your losses and reenter at better entry points?

This is a very good point.

I'd say because of the highly unusual nature of crypto price behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom