...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by iwhohavenothing

^
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
wait..wait.... DA R...you my peeps and all...but I gotta say man...you gotta be the MOST CONFUSED cat I've ever know when it comes to cell phones
laugh.gif
no disrespect. U go back and forth from lx's...bb curves...iphones so now u not getting the 3g iphone?
laugh.gif
you're something else man I'm sure the phone dealers luv u fam
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I know man tell me about it. My wife said the same thing. Shehas actually has the Curve now and I copped a iPhone 3G. I'm good with the iPhone
roll.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

those wanting a 4.5 upgrade...berry review is your best friend

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

how do you look at NT using the default browser? i cant log in or view any of the forums

Browser > Menu > Options > Browser Config > check "support JAvascript", "support html tables", "use backgroundimages", and "support stylesheets" > save

damn this thread is still going strong
pimp.gif

Whats the word on the new joints??!! forget a os upgrade i'm ready for that new blackberry...tmo gonna be the last to offer it as usual?

Originally Posted by Kingtre

damn this thread is still going strong
pimp.gif

Whats the word on the new joints??!! forget a os upgrade i'm ready for that new blackberry...tmo gonna be the last to offer it as usual?

i went to the ATT store at my local mall other day. the employees talking about they dont have any info they have no clue about a release date.
tired.gif

Supposedly August for the Bold on AT&T. Late August, at that. It just got approved by the FCC last week, so that timeframe sounds about right. And yeah,usually the people you see working at your local store don't know a damn thing. With a few minutes of internet searching you can usually find out morelegit info than they could ever tell you.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Supposedly August for the Bold on AT&T. Late August, at that. It just got approved by the FCC last week, so that timeframe sounds about right. And yeah, usually the people you see working at your local store don't know a damn thing. With a few minutes of internet searching you can usually find out more legit info than they could ever tell you.
yea they dont never know spit.

word it just got approved. thats a good look. Its almost August already
pimp.gif

Anyone with a BB Curve 8320 from T-Mobile try updating the firmware to 4.5 yet without bricking their phone?

Is it worth it?

I'm running 4.2.2.180 or some +#+#

Originally Posted by soulize dp

Anyone with a BB Curve 8320 from T-Mobile try updating the firmware to 4.5 yet without bricking their phone?

Is it worth it?

I'm running 4.2.2.180 or some +#+#

It doesn't actually brick your phone, it fries the SIM card from what I heard, which is another $20 from the store.

I got an extra sim card I was going to use anyways...so maybe I'll try this

I can only find one for the 8310...should I use that?

What version of 4.5 did ya'll use for your 8320? .42, .52, etc.?

Or if you want can you send me a quick little tutorial or some direct links at soulize@gmail.com if ya'll wouldn't mind.

Thanks alot.

I read the menus / UI is faster as well...

Certain versions have been reported to have small tweaks...such as lower call volume, random rebooting, icons not showing up properly...I was hoping to getsome feedback about the best version to use to upgrade with the least bugs.

So I just ordered a Curve via TMO's Blackberry RIM promo. Had to open up a new line, but it's free after $100 rebate with waived activation fee, free2-day shipping and a 1 year contract. I'm glad to be back on board. This will hold me over until the Javelin drops, whenever that is.

Another dope thing is that due to TMO increasing their texting overage charges, I can wiggle out of my existing contract with no early termination fee. Once Iget the Curve, all I gotta do is call customer service and tell them to cancel my OG contract. Chea!!

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

what exactly does the 4.5 upgrade provide us blackberry users with now???
The biggest things it added for me are HTML email and the ability to view youtube videos. There's a lot of other little things- I got an email,and the person's picture I have saved in their contact info popped up in the email. One of the worst things is that it screwed up the loudness of theringtone I have set for my alarm- it's barely loud enough to wake me in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom