...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

never mind fixed it 
pimp.gif
i'm smart 

whats the 9780? just the new OS? any better?

Upgraded from a 8900 (dont laugh) to the 9780 this Saturday.

Dope %*% phone...I'm still getting used to it but this is the best phone I coulda gotten. OS 6 runs very smooth and the 3G on mine is pretty reliable.

Loaded a ton of apps including ScoreMobile, Socialscope, Bolt Browser, Tumblr, Twitvid, CameraMuteApp (google), Capture It and some others.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

whats the 9780? just the new OS? any better?

Upgraded from a 8900 (dont laugh) to the 9780 this Saturday.

Dope %*% phone...I'm still getting used to it but this is the best phone I coulda gotten. OS 6 runs very smooth and the 3G on mine is pretty reliable.

Loaded a ton of apps including ScoreMobile, Socialscope, Bolt Browser, Tumblr, Twitvid, CameraMuteApp (google), Capture It and some others.
got my 9780 this weekend too - not bad so far...i'm upset i had to get a "new" phone just to have the bugs from the old one fixed...they coulda changed the styling around or something
laugh.gif

My buddy just grabbed an iphone and used to have socialscope
On their bb, is there a way I could take over their account on my bb??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JUS3

I was also sick of the BB and I picked up the iPhone.  I just got bored of the BB and I wanted to see what the hype was.  If you're into apps and web browsing then the iPhone is the way to go.

It was cool at first, but I didn't use apps and +%#! as much as I thought.

Text messaging, e-mail, and  battery life were all that I really cared about.  So I'm back on the Bold and it does what I need it to do. 
^This and this below...

Originally Posted by chickhien

ive been on the iphone 4 for over 3 months after returning the torch. was a bb user for the past 2 or 3 years. had a bold and curve also. so with that being said, im seriously thinking about doing the itouch+bb combo. for phone/text/email, the iphone is hot garbage. everything else it is def top class. never had drop calls with att in past 8 years until i got the iphone. as soon as i can cop a used bb, gonna flip this iphone on ebay and get a itouch
I've been considering running two phones but it seems so obnoxious
laugh.gif
. The only reason I want something aside from a BB is the web browsing capabilities, except I honestly don't use the web enough to justify switching to an iPhone/etc. My day is spent emailing and I prefer and feel the need for the keyboard.

Man this looks SO boss... I gotta see how it runs...this will be the only thing keeping me on BB... 
http://crackberry.com/the...mmunity-header-bot.gif); position: relative; background-position: 0% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">[h1]Live Photos of the BlackBerry Bold Touch (montana) Emerge![/h1]
by Kevin Michaluk on 19 Feb 2011 04:26 PM
/crackberry.com/themes/crackberry3/images/comments-ballon-blue2-right.png);">http://crackberry.com/the...ballon-blue2-right.png); position: absolute; right: 20px; top: 20px; cursor: pointer; background-position: 100% 0%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">/crackberry.com/themes/crackberry3/images/comments-ballon-blue2-left.png);">http://crackberry.com/the...-ballon-blue2-left.png); background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">/crackberry.com/themes/crackberry3/images/comments-ballon-blue2-mid.png);">http://crackberry.com/the...s-ballon-blue2-mid.png); background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">215

blackberry-bold-touch-1.png

Bold 9700 (left) vs. the new BlackBerry Bold Touch (right)

Gotta love it when a plan comes together! Following up on the 2011 BlackBerry Smartphone Roadmap leaks of January, we're starting to see these devices take shape for REALZ in February. We saw the monaco/Storm 3 show up on video yesterday, and now today we're looking at live photos of the BlackBerry Bold Touch, which currently goes by the codenamedakota. As you can tell, the newest Bold (pictured above on the right) looks more like the original Bold 9000 from the front than the smaller Bold 9700/9780 we're currently used to. I can't wait to pound out emails and BBMs on the Bold Touch's keyboard... that is the Cadillac of smartphone keyboards right there. As for what the Bold Touch is packing inside, here's the specs as they have been rumored to date:
  • Dimensions: 115 x 66 x 10.5mm
  • Radio: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; Tri Band UMTS
  • Display: 2.8" diagonol - VGA 640 x 480, resolution 287dpi
  • Camera: 5mp - Flash - Image Stabilization - HD Recording (720p)
  • Navigation: Capacitive Touch, Optical Trackpad
  • Keypad: Wide QWERTY - Physical Send, End, Escape, Menu, Right Side Convenience Key, Volume Control
  • Memory: 8GB - 768MB RAM - up to 32GB MicroSd Card
  • WiFi: 2.4 GHZ b/g/n - 5GHz a/n - Mobile Hotspot
  • Connectivity: Micro USB - Bluetooth - NFC
  • Sensors: Magnetometer - Accelerometer - Proximity
Lots more photos after the break, so check them out! You don't want to miss the one where you see that the trim around the Bold Touch's keypad LIGHTS UP!!! Who's waiting on this one?? I know I am!

Source: N4BB

[h3]More BlackBerry Bold Touch Photos[/h3]
blackberry-bold-touch-1.png

blackberry-bold-touch-2.png

blackberry-bold-touch-compass.png

blackberry-bold-touch-3.png

blackberry-bold-touch-4.png

blackberry-bold-touch-5.png

blackberry-bold-touch-6.png

They need to hurry up and make Words With Friends for Blackberry. I'm itching for it.

I can't wait till the Playbook comes out in April. Joint looks
pimp.gif

As far as browser, I use the default, Opeera and Bolt. The Scrolling on Opera is kinda !!$ though.

blackberry torch is the worse bb ive ever owned an ive rocked with BB since 2006 with the 8700c

rim_blackberry_8700c.jpg

might be makin the move to the new droids coming out or iphone i really dont want to though...........

HELP!

I have an unlocked verizon blackberry tour (9630)...

and when I put a T-MO sim card, it says, "your current SIM card requires an unlock code. Would you like to unlock it?" and it gives me an option of "Yes" and "No."

I called T-MO and they gave me the passcode... It's just every time I choose "Yes" it does nothing and sends me to the home screen.

I've already called T-MO and Verizon for help... but have gotten nothing in response.. Virtually nothing.

Can anyone help me out, or even point me to the right direction..

Thanks...

Anyone checking for the Playbook? Been watching some videos online and I think I might prefer it to the iPad 2.

Is there any way to allow YouTube videos to fully load before they start playing? Even on WiFi and 3G I get choppy video/sound playback. I'm on a 9780 for T-Mobile.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by xtianp

Anyone checking for the Playbook? Been watching some videos online and I think I might prefer it to the iPad 2.

right hurr
pimp.gif

the fact that it can synergize with my berry already sold me. throw in the fact that the UI is completely fresh and it's got the form factor i want.. EASY COP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom