***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

That Wale interview was damn good. Never gave any of his albums/mixtapes a listen outside of a few songs here and there and some features he's done (What It Look Like :pimp:)

Elle talking about "trap jazz" :lol: :smh:
Her first album was pretty good tho

She should have just kicked some bull about liking Gucci, Jeezy, and the Migos at least, because it really does just sound like she stumbled onto a song with trap production and decided to call herself a fan :lol:

Last edited:
Wood steel eat the butt with my slobber bubbles popping in harmony with Zaytoven's hi hats as the soundtrack.

More About Nothing is one of my fav tapes ever. Hope Album About Nothing is of similar quality. I sense a pretty good album from Wale.

It's sad Wale doesn't realize his music is incredibly mediocre, that's why people aren't really ******* with him.

Wale speaks the Truth at the Breakfast Club

Just my opinion, and I always like Wale interviews with BC because he gives good ones and whether I agree with him or not, it's dope to hear considering that that's the business that I want to get into.

However, Wale is overrating his music and musicality a bit in this interview. He in essence said that he makes records as good as Kendrick's, Drake's, and Cole's, etc. and that he doesn't get his just due and he doesn't know why. The issue I have with that is that he flat out doesn't. You want to know why those guys get critical acclaim and Wale doesn't? It's simple, it all boils down to hits. Kendrick and Cole and to a lesser extent drake do a fantastic job of making hit records, (that is, songs that are catchy, melodic, but have substance) without sacrificing the musicality of the music. That right there is an extreme talent, and most don't have that. Wale needs more flower bomb type records. I guarantee you if he had more of those he would be revered for his rapping ability, heavily. It's all about hits. What rappers don't understand is that no one really cares about your raps until you've drawn them in with your hit records.

Started from the Bottom, Swimming Pools, Power Trip, etc. Those are all hits. But so is My ***** from YG, and the other stuff that's on the radio right now. They are both hits. But they are on two totally different ends of the spectrum.

Wale isn't on either side. He isn't as bad as a YG when it comes to rapping, and he isn't as good of a hitmaker as Cole, Drake, and K Dot. It's all about Hits, and to a lesser extent, "content driven hits." Wale is in the middle. He's a really good rapper, but he doesn't make sonically hit records. I say sonically because to me, Hits aren't necessarily crowned by how great they chart. You can have a hit record sonically without it charting all that well. Wale will never get the respect that he thinks he deserves until he can find away to consistently put out hits. We know Wale can Rap, in a technical sense he raps toooo well to a degree. Hits, hits, hits.

Alright, now back to the BC interviews :lol:

Started from the Bottom, Swimming Pools, Power Trip, etc. Those are all hits. But so is My ***** from YG, and the other stuff that's on the radio right now. They are both hits. But they are on two totally different ends of the spectrum.

Wale isn't on either side. He isn't as bad as a YG when it comes to rapping, and he isn't as good of a hitmaker as Cole, Drake, and K Dot. It's all about Hits, and to a lesser extent, "content driven hits." Wale is in the middle. He's a really good rapper, but he doesn't make sonically hit records. I say sonically because to me, Hits aren't necessarily crowned by how great they chart. You can have a hit record sonically without it charting all that well. Wale will never get the respect that he thinks he deserves until he can find away to consistently put out hits. We know Wale can Rap, in a technical sense he raps toooo well to a degree. Hits, hits, hits.

Alright, now back to the BC interviews
laugh.gif
I like how you put this

From a raw rapping standpoint Wale is a very very good rapper ... but like you said its about making those kind of records He has a couple though

but not to the magnitude of his counterparts Let me put it like this

J cole = a very good rapper who is also a pretty good producer that can put records together

Kendrick= is someone who is a rappity rapper thats not stuck into being a rappity rapper if that makes sense. He also makes records that are true to him that also sound good

Drake= dude is just undeniably melodic as ****

Wale speaks the Truth at the Breakfast Club
Just my opinion, and I always like Wale interviews with BC because he gives good ones and whether I agree with him or not, it's dope to hear considering that that's the business that I want to get into.

However, Wale is overrating his music and musicality a bit in this interview. He in essence said that he makes records as good as Kendrick's, Drake's, and Cole's, etc. and that he doesn't get his just due and he doesn't know why. The issue I have with that is that he flat out doesn't. You want to know why those guys get critical acclaim and Wale doesn't? It's simple, it all boils down to hits. Kendrick and Cole and to a lesser extent drake do a fantastic job of making hit records, (that is, songs that are catchy, melodic, but have substance) without sacrificing the musicality of the music. That right there is an extreme talent, and most don't have that. Wale needs more flower bomb type records. I guarantee you if he had more of those he would be revered for his rapping ability, heavily. It's all about hits. What rappers don't understand is that no one really cares about your raps until you've drawn them in with your hit records.
 ​
 ​

Alright, now back to the BC interviews
laugh.gif

Hot/Hit songs with an underlying message has never been Wale's problem lol (Even though the last one wasn't a hit at all, wish he put it on an official album and pushed it harder and I think it woulda did well).

Wale has more "hits" overall than J Cole. They each have one Grammy Nominated song if you wanna technical

Personality and charisma or lack thereof has something to do with it... sonically was a good point though and to some extent content wise there is a ceiling for him. That spoken word vibe hinders him as far as crossover/pop appeal

Wale is someone I probably would have enjoyed listening to before the social media/YouTube era and there was less transparency with artists.

His constant *****ing makes it really hard for me to enjoy the music. A lot like how Joe Budden lamed himself out with social media and reality TV.

Just watched the tracee Ellis Ross video they posted today
Man her eyes always but me out cause of how big they are
But she has ALWAYS been sexy to me
I can't explain it
Some women just ooze sexy out their pores
They should have have her more time
She had good conversation
And turned everything bad and silly into a thoughtful conversation
Man I want to hit it from the back while pulling on her hair so bad

Wale>cole
Bam Bam>Kendrick

A love hate thing I want to say is a radio single. I know it was being played in DC(I know it's DC and wale but just saying) when the album dropped. So I'm not for what you are saying about radio hits cause Cole radio hits on sideline story was trash.

Wale is someone I probably would have enjoyed listening to before the social media/YouTube era and there was less transparency with artists.

His constant *****ing makes it really hard for me to enjoy the music. A lot like how Joe Budden lamed himself out with social media and reality TV.

fabolous too

dude is sooo got damn corny it's sad

Wale just wants to be considered one of the greats of this time so bad

He doesnt know that everybody cant be great tho, just be happy with the fan base you have & keep making music

Just watched the tracee Ellis Ross video they posted today
Man her eyes always but me out cause of how big they are
But she has ALWAYS been sexy to me
I can't explain it
Some women just ooze sexy out their pores
They should have have her more time
She had good conversation
And turned everything bad and silly into a thoughtful conversation
Man I want to hit it from the back while pulling on her hair so bad

View media item 1195878

Last edited:

Hot/Hit songs with an underlying message has never been Wale's problem lol (Even though the last one wasn't a hit at all, wish he put it on an official album and pushed it harder and I think it woulda did well).​

you posted one hit song. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom